Windows 10: Nvidia Driver Conflicts

Discus and support Nvidia Driver Conflicts in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can't recall making an update or change to my rig or software, but suddenly it started crashing whenever I launched a game. I have reinstalled, first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MalachiMcLaren, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Nvidia Driver Conflicts

I can't recall making an update or change to my rig or software, but suddenly it started crashing whenever I launched a game. I have reinstalled, first from the recovery option in settings, and then from install disk after seeing no change. After the disk install I proceeded to download the updates which I had a few hiccups with, but then ironed out. Then I moved on to my graphics card drivers.

I have an Nvidia RTX 2080, and whenever I start to download any driver for it it freezes towards the end. After I reboot it I can maybe log in and then it will BSOD and continuously reboot. I then have to hard power it off and restore.

:)

MalachiMcLaren, Jul 1, 2019

2. Nvidia Drivers

Hi Jude,

Based on the information you have provided, since you have recently made an update on Windows 10, it's possible that the Nvidia driver had conflict with the new update of Windows 10. We suggest that you check Nvidia's website and look for updates for your
    current GPU.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jul 1, 2019
  3. Windows 10 and Nvidia Conflicts

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing your laptop after upgrade to Windows 10 with error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, we will help you with this issue.

Please be informed us with the following,

• Were able to see any error code along with the error message?
    • Were you able to login in to the desktop?

If you are unable to log-in to the desktop, I suggest you to log-in to safe mode and try the below steps.

Method 1: I suggest you to boot the computer in Safe mode and shut down the computer and check if the issue persists.

Step 1: Start computer in safe mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.
    If you are unable to access the desktop, then try the below:

Step 2: Follow the below steps:

• From the Lock screen, click on
      Power button.
    • Press and hold the Shift key from the Keyboard and Click on
      Restart and try to enter the Safe mode.

Kindly try to start your computer in Safe mode from the
    Windows Recovery Environment.

• After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, select a startup setting as Safe Mode with Networking by pressing the corresponding number.

Method 2: Check if the NVIDIA graphics card is detected in device manager. If it is detected, update it's drivers and check if that helps.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• In the list of Hardware categories, double-click the category your device is in and then double-tap the device you want. For example, to see your video card, click Display adapters, and then double-click the video
      card name.

• Click the Driver tab, click
      Update Driver
      , and then follow the instructions. You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.

Method 3: If that does not fix the issue, please reinstall the display adapter drivers.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Display adapter.

• Right-click on the Display adapter that is listed and click “Uninstall”.
    Restart the computer and download, install the latest drivers from the NVIDIA website.

Download Drivers | NVIDIA

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 1, 2019
  4. Apsy Win User

Nvidia Driver Conflicts

NVIDIA DRIVER 307.83

The issue still the same.

I went to NVIDIA Web site and they suggested to download a new driver

GE force 353.62. I was able to downloaded but was not able to install it due to:

"NVIDIA Installer cannot continue this graphic driver could not find compatible graphic hardware"

I don't know what to do anymore

Any other suggestion?

Apsy, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

Nvidia Driver Conflicts

1. Nvidia Driver Conflicts - Similar Threads - Nvidia Driver Conflicts

2. Hardware Driver Conflicts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware Driver Conflicts: I am unable to update the PCI Express Root driver. In the Resource file this driver has a conflict with multiple other components. What can I do to update and negate these conflicts. I have tried and failed to update this driver through the AVG Driver Updater and manually....
  3. Hardware Driver Conflicts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hardware Driver Conflicts: I am unable to update the PCI Express Root driver. In the Resource file this driver has a conflict with multiple other components. What can I do to update and negate these conflicts. I have tried and failed to update this driver through the AVG Driver Updater and manually....
  4. Conflicting driver updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Conflicting driver updates: Since I upgraded to Windows 11, I experienced a constant flickering screen going black and back to normal several times per second. Luckily, I managed to fix this by installing a newer version of my Intel UHD Graphics Driver through the Intel Driver & Support...
  5. Conflicting driver updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Conflicting driver updates: Since I upgraded to Windows 11, I experienced a constant flickering screen going black and back to normal several times per second. Luckily, I managed to fix this by installing a newer version of my Intel UHD Graphics Driver through the Intel Driver & Support...
  6. Nvidia driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nvidia driver: I need help getting nvidia graphics card but i can't find a compatible nvidia driver on my windows 10 build 1909 please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-driver/068fb55a-829b-4f84-970a-9685b9e5ea56
  7. Windows update 2004 and conflict with Nvidia graphics

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update 2004 and conflict with Nvidia graphics: I have contacted microsoft's technician on chat. It seems that microsoft updates cannot be deleted until installed. When 2004 installs I'm sure it will be back to the same problem. 2004 will delete after installation but may reappear as a download, anyway, and then I will...
  8. shared/conflicting drivers

shared/conflicting drivers: Source Trusted Installer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharedconflicting-drivers/166d92d7-b1c8-45e3-983b-9f84aeccbe59
  9. Nvidia Driver

Nvidia Driver: Nvidia display driver problem[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-driver/84d9bcd2-a355-4024-9f1a-d8583b87b57f
  10. Nvidia Driver

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia Driver: I'm a bit confused. I have the latest Nvidia driver installed but WU has come up today telling me to install Nvidia driver update for Nvidia High Definition Audio. At 264Mb I'm not sure if this is the video driver or for audio. I don't use their audio anyway as I have a good...