Windows 10: Nvidia Driver Crashing in Sleep Mode

Discus and support Nvidia Driver Crashing in Sleep Mode in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Nvidia Win 10 64 bit Driver 353.30 appears to be crashing during sleep mode in build 10162, forcing a reboot. Has anyone else seen this with this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by fracking4oil, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Nvidia Driver Crashing in Sleep Mode

Nvidia Win 10 64 bit Driver 353.30 appears to be crashing during sleep mode in build 10162, forcing a reboot. Has anyone else seen this with this driver and/or build? UEFI C-states are configured correctly; any solutions besides the obvious of not using sleep?

Systems specs under "My system specs" below.

:)

fracking4oil, Jul 5, 2015
  2. Dave A2 Win User

W10 - BSOD after wake from sleep

My computer crashes whenever it wakes from sleep. BSOD says "attempted write to read-only memory" but does not list a driver or other cause.

After boot up, computer works correctly until the first time it goes to sleep. When sleeping, if I move mouse or keyboard, computer wakes, but either crashes immediately, or runs for a few minutes before crashing. If it runs, it works perfectly until
    it crashes, there is no apparent erratic behavior.

If I disable sleep mode, the computer works perfectly, all day long, even while running demanding software and large files.

AVG antivirus scan reveals no malware.

Roll-back to my oldest restore point, prior to latest Windows Update, did not eliminate the BSOD. After going to old restore-point and after confirming that crash persisted, I re-installed the current Windows Update. This made no change, BSOD persisted.

I updated all of the drivers on Device Manager, and completely removed and reinstalled my Nvidia display drivers using new drivers from Nvidia. This didn't help.

I've uploaded copies of recent .dmp files, and of output from Sysinfo and Speccy, to a shared file on OneDrive:

Dump Files

Dave A2, Jul 5, 2015
  3. WIndows 10 - Wake from Sleep Issues

Dell Precision T5500, experiencing wake from sleep issues as well....

Hibernates with no problem, prefer sleep mode to work.

I'll uninstall my NVIDIA Quadro FX 380 driver, and take it back to a generic VGA driver and test sleep functionality

stephenjnix, Jul 5, 2015
  4. Nvidia Driver Crashing in Sleep Mode

353.38 does the same...

5. LittleJay Win User
    Yes. I had the same thing happen with my EVGA GTX 460. Also the screen would sometimes look like a snow storm after a reboot. It was only after I rolled back to ver. 347.88 that things starting working normally once again.

LittleJay, Jul 5, 2015
  6. Have you found a way to keep Windows Update from updating it to a newer version?

7. Geneo Win User
    That is a real concern of mine. I wonder if after a few disasters, Microsoft will need to at least end users hide driver updates.

I had video driver/system crash sleep issues too. I ended up backing out to 10130 backup and reinstalling and things went right again. Probably not the same problem.

Geneo, Jul 5, 2015
  8. Gary Win User

Nvidia Driver Crashing in Sleep Mode

I get my GTX Drivers from Nvidia not Windows.

Gary, Jul 5, 2015
  9. Geneo Win User
    But you can't stop Windows from installing more up-to-date drivers, at least for Home version, as far as I can tell.

Geneo, Jul 6, 2015
  10. Sorry, I forgot about this thread... I did find a tweak that prevents WU from updated drivers: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

fracking4oil, Jul 9, 2015
  11. blackhakw Win User
    I was able to some what fix the issue by disabling the iGPU in the bios.

blackhakw, Aug 31, 2015
  12. Gary Win User
    sure you can:

Nvidia Driver Crashing in Sleep Mode [​IMG]

Thema:

Nvidia Driver Crashing in Sleep Mode

1. Nvidia Driver Crashing in Sleep Mode - Similar Threads - Nvidia Driver Crashing

2. System crashes on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System crashes on sleep mode: Hi all,I'm having to ask this question here because I've been back and forth with Dell Support and it has not been successful at all. They've replaced the logic board, wireless card, graphics card, and the RAM but the problem continues to occur.Basically, when I try to put my...
  3. Windows crashes in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashes in sleep mode: When I leave my laptop untouched for a while it goes to sleep mode, but now windows just crashes. When I try to boot it it does not respond and after some time the fans just start blowing on full speed. I just press the power button for 5 seconds to shut it down and then...
  4. Windows crashes in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows crashes in sleep mode: When I leave my laptop untouched for a while it goes to sleep mode, but now windows just crashes. When I try to boot it it does not respond and after some time the fans just start blowing on full speed. I just press the power button for 5 seconds to shut it down and then...
  5. Windows crashes in sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Nvidia OpenGL Driver crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia OpenGL Driver crashing: Hello,I've been getting crashes constantly while playing games due to the Nvidia drivers crashing.I have tried many drivers using DDU but the crashes stayed. So, it is not a heating problem and not a driver issue.Any Help?Here are the Event Viewer error logs:1* The...
  7. Crash on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Crash on sleep mode: When I put my pc to sleep and start it up again it crashesHere are some All I can remember:CRITICAL PROCESS DIEDWhat Failed:Sys filesFile I used that could cause those problems:Avast Cleanup PremiumAvast Driver UpdaterShould I chkdsk or automatic repair?I did sfc /scannow and...
  8. Laptop crashes in sleep mode

Laptop crashes in sleep mode: Computer info:OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042 System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. System Model VivoBook_ASUSLaptop X421FQY_K413FQ Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz, 2304 Mhz, 4 Cores, 8 Logical Processors BIOS Version/Date...
  9. Nvidia Driver Crashed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia Driver Crashed: My Nvidia Graphics Card Driver crashed when i playing games and Device Manager show code43,some game showing out of video memory and some showing DirectX error tried at another computer also same.Then i restart my pc and its back to normal,also working normally if i doesn't...
  10. BSOD, Nvidia driver crashes after waking from sleep

BSOD, Nvidia driver crashes after waking from sleep: not sure if this is something on nvidias end and they just havent fixed it yet, or if its something i can fix on my end. could you talk a look and help me out? please and thanks you!!!!!!!!!!!! 34255