Windows 10: NVIDIA Driver installation black screen wont boot GTX 780

Discus and support NVIDIA Driver installation black screen wont boot GTX 780 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello all, I want to mention that I suspect my GPU is toast, but have no conclusive way to test it immediately. This is my first time posting a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by vetoed, Feb 19, 2021.

1. vetoed Win User

NVIDIA Driver installation black screen wont boot GTX 780

Hello all,

I want to mention that I suspect my GPU is toast, but have no conclusive way to test it immediately.

This is my first time posting a question on any forum regarding any PC I have owned as I am baffled and desperate. Approximately a week ago, there was a windows 10 update that was automatically installed upon shutdown on my computer. The next day, while playing a game, two or three times the computer froze completely including sounds. I immediately thought of the windows update being the culprit and uninstalled it. The issue didn't come up again for a few days until last Saturday when it happened once more while playing a different game. This time however the computer would not boot whatsoever. I tried resetting and hard resetting the OS in the advanced startup which did not work and proceeded to simply install a fresh copy of windows on my SSD, the same SSD.

Installation proceeded as normal until GPU drivers came up. At first, it was windows automatically downloading a driver which turned the screen blank while keeping the signal, this occurring at the end of the installation when you setup time, region, keyboard layout etc. I avoided this issue by installing again, with no internet. I managed to turn off automatic updates and install motherboard drivers, sound, and any windows updates left. I downloaded the latest driver for my card onto a separate computer, transferred it via a flash drive, and attempted to install it. This of course did not work as around 1/3 of the way through the install the screen goes black, the computer reset, and won't boot. The only way I can get into the PC at this point is by getting to advancement startup and going into safe mode or continuing on to windows 10. When I get in the PC the driver is either not installed, or not being used, I am not entirely sure at this point. So, I go online and try things like reseating the GPU, checking cables, using DDU in safe mode then installing the drivers on normal boot. I've read it could a PSU issue, but this PSU is only 12 months old. This is to say that nothing I have tried has worked yet. I'll also mention every time I have attempted something on a fresh install, neither windows nor my BIOS detects the GPU. However, after the installation seems as if it failed, the GPU is picked up in the device manager but not in the BIOS.

I am knowledgeable as I have had a couple of gaming PC's, this one that I built with the help of a friend years ago, but this situation has me stumped. Now again, I will say that I do think it is most likely the GPU that is the issue. What keeps me from believing it isn't is 1, it had shown no signs whatsoever before last week. And 2, I have no immediate way to test it.

Thank you for any assistance,

:)

vetoed, Feb 19, 2021
  2. Riekopo Win User

Windows Update automatically install EVGA GTX 780 drivers.

Original title: Black screen on startup

I installed an EVGA GTX 780 SC today. Since doing that I've had nothing but problems. I get a black screen on startup unless I plug my monitor into my motherboard and change the GPU setting in the BIOS to iGPU. When I installed my 780 I installed the latest
    driver from Nvidia's website. The **** **** Windows Update then appeared to install it's own 780 drivers on top of the ones I already installed. I also uninstalled the Intel HD 4000 driver that I was using and when I did that Windows Update reinstalled them.
    So, I don't think my computer is utilizing my 780 and I don't know how to fix this extremely annoying problem.

Riekopo, Feb 19, 2021
  3. GTX 780ti Black Screen after Windows installing first Nvidia's Driver

I got a GTX 780ti and ,after Windows 10 installs the basic and first Nvidia's Driver, the GPU starts showing black screen. It looks like as the GPU isnt working with the basic Nvidia's driver and i cannot use the GPU anymore. Is there any solution to this
    problem through windows or is some kind of GPU problem? Can someone help me?

PedroÂngelo, Feb 19, 2021
  4. NVIDIA Driver installation black screen wont boot GTX 780

Gtx 460 black screen issue

I have an EVGA gtx 460 that has started acting odd. Every once in awhile I would get a black screen that would require a hard reset. Then eventually the other day, it wouldn't boot at all. It would boot to the windows logo and then black screen.

Replaced it with a spare card, booted up fine.

Put the 460 back in, black screen.

Booted in safe mode, boots fine.

Uninstalled driver and reboot to full windows... boots fine with no driver installed.

Reinstalled latest driver (was already on latest driver when this started) and rebooted. Black screen.

Booted into safe mode and uninstalled driver again.

Reboot to full windows, install old version of driver, reboot. Black screen.

Reboot to safe mode, uninstall driver, reboot to full windows install reeeeeaaally old version of driver. Reboot. Black screen....

So... the only time the card works is when there is no nvidia driver installed... weird.

Anybody got any ideas? I haven't tried testing it in a clean windows install yet, but that's my next step I guess.

Papahyooie, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

NVIDIA Driver installation black screen wont boot GTX 780

1. NVIDIA Driver installation black screen wont boot GTX 780 - Similar Threads - NVIDIA Driver installation

2. Black screen after installing Nvidia Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after installing Nvidia Drivers: I am on a Lenovo Legion 5 Pro Gen 7 laptop with Ryzen 6800h and a RTX 3060. I was installing the newest Nvidia Drivers and after the drivers were halfway through downloading, my screen went black and I wasn't able to do anything. I restarted my computer multiple times, booted...
  3. Black screen after installing Nvidia Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after installing Nvidia Drivers: I am on a Lenovo Legion 5 Pro Gen 7 laptop with Ryzen 6800h and a RTX 3060. I was installing the newest Nvidia Drivers and after the drivers were halfway through downloading, my screen went black and I wasn't able to do anything. I restarted my computer multiple times, booted...
  4. Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.: I've been dealing with this for a few weeks now. Anytime I try to update my driver to a Nvidia driver the screen will go black. It'll make a noise when I click on my mouse like there's a pop up but obviously I can't see it. When you restart the computer it'll freeze on the...
  5. Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.: I've been dealing with this for a few weeks now. Anytime I try to update my driver to a Nvidia driver the screen will go black. It'll make a noise when I click on my mouse like there's a pop up but obviously I can't see it. When you restart the computer it'll freeze on the...
  6. Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. NVIDIA GTX 780 Ti Issues: Configuration Database Registry Corrupt

NVIDIA GTX 780 Ti Issues: Configuration Database Registry Corrupt: Hey all. I'm experiencing some strange happenings with my 780 Ti. I was running dual monitors playing Fallout 4, and restarted my computer at some point. When it did restart, Fallout 4 wouldn't open and kept crashing. I restarted again, and all of the sudden my HDMI monitor...
  8. GTX 780ti Black Screen after Windows installing first Nvidia's Driver

GTX 780ti Black Screen after Windows installing first Nvidia's Driver: I got a GTX 780ti and ,after Windows 10 installs the basic and first Nvidia's Driver, the GPU starts showing black screen. It looks like as the GPU isnt working with the basic Nvidia's driver and i cannot use the GPU anymore. Is there any solution to this problem through...
  9. Install EVGA GTX 1050ti, black screen upon boot

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Install EVGA GTX 1050ti, black screen upon boot: I tried to install an EVGA GTX 1050 TI GPU today and when I booted the system after installation all I could get was a black screen. My system: - Dell Studio XPS 9100, CPU I7-930, 9GB Ram, 525W Power Supply - These are the steps I took to install: -- Flashed Bios (A04) --...
  10. Why gtx 780 ti is better than gtx 960?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Why gtx 780 ti is better than gtx 960?: Gtx 960 newer than gtx 780 ti, how older gpu can be better than the new one wtf? 23611

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gtx 780 black screen