Windows 10: Nvidia Driver Installation Failed

Discus and support Nvidia Driver Installation Failed in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; It seems my 1050ti is not being recognized, I tried many nvidia drivers and still nothing. I did used DDU and even windows update doesn't work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by 1KSunny, Jan 29, 2019.

1. 1KSunny Win User

Nvidia Driver Installation Failed

It seems my 1050ti is not being recognized, I tried many nvidia drivers and still nothing. I did used DDU and even windows update doesn't work. Whenever its installing, it shows my GPU but then it disappears into being a display with a warning symbol.

DxDiag.txt

:)

1KSunny, Jan 29, 2019
  2. thephpdev Win User

NVIDIA Driver Install Fails

I managed to install the driver only, which is OK for me.

Running the setup.exe in Safe-Mode didn't work.

So, I followed these steps:

1. Restart into safe mode
    2. Open device manager
    3. Find your GPU and right-click it, then select "Update Driver Software"
    4. Click "Browse my computer for driver software"
    5. Tick "Include Sub-Folders"
    6. Navigate to the directory where the NVIDIA download extracted the setup files to, and click OK.
    7. If it was successful, restart normally, and enjoy using a proper graphics driver.

thephpdev, Jan 29, 2019
  3. thephpdev Win User
    NVIDIA Driver Install Fails

The NVIDIA graphics driver on this PC is several versions out of date, so I went to upgrade it due to an unrelated issue. I went to the NVIDIA website, downloaded the 64-bit Windows 10 driver for the GT 720 GPU. I ran the installation as you normally would only to be met with the error "NVIDIA Installer Failed", and it told me the "Graphics Driver" failed to install.

Now I only have one usable monitor, the other is not detected, yet it turns on briefly as Windows initially loads the desktop.

What I Have Tried

Clean Installation

This is the first thing I tried, I restarted the computer, waited a while, and then I ran the NVIDIA driver installer, I selected "Custom Install", and then I ticked the "Clean Install" checkbox. This failed in the same way as before. Note, I also tried "Run[ning the updater] As Administrator".

Windows Update

I opened Windows Update to check for updates, since this can often fix failed driver installs. It said there was a NVIDIA driver update available, so began the update process. This failed with the error "0x80070003". I tried again, it failed again.

Manual Driver Install

From device manager, I right clicked on the GPU, and clicked "Update Driver Software", I opted to browse for driver files, with "Check subfolders" checked, and navigated to C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\368.39\ and clicked "OK". This failed with "Code 28".

Manual Driver Install (Automatic)

Same as before, except I let Windows find the driver online automatically, I presume it found the same files I had already downloaded, and downloaded them again. This failed.

I am still stuck with one working monitor, reduced graphical performance, and am unable to install the NVIDIA driver.

This is my work PC, so I don't have a huge amount of time to reinstall Windows, so I'd rather not do that, as I have various customisations in place, and lots of programs installed. It'd take a long time for me to do all of that again.

EDIT: More Info

There are no NVIDIA listings under "Uninstall a Program" in the Control Panel. Yet the "NVIDIA Control Panel" app is still in the start menu, but does not start. I believe that is because there are just three DLL files in C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\coprocmanager, and no other files/directories in coprocmanager's parent directory.

When the driver is installing, my second monitor starts working, and then stops when the installation fails.

When the driver is installing, it briefly appears as "NVIDIA GeForce GT 720" in Device manager, after it fails, it goes back to being labeled, quite simply, "Display".

Tried running...

..to no avail.

PC Specs (from Speccy):

• Custom build
    • NVIDIA GeForce GT720 (not from Speccy, since it just lists the monitor under Graphics).
    • Intel Core i5 4460 @ 3.20GHz
    • 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (11-11-11-28)
    • ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. H81M-PLUS (SOCKET 1150)

thephpdev, Jan 29, 2019
  4. chideock Win User

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Nvidia Driver Installation Failed - Similar Threads - Nvidia Driver Installation

2. NVIDIA Drivers fail to install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA Drivers fail to install.: SPECS:BIOS : Up to date; A24NVIDIA GeForce GT 720M 2GB4x2 8GB Ram DDR3L@1600MHzIntel Core i7-4600U 2 Cores 4 Threads @2.10GHz - 2.70GHz466GB HDDWindows 10 Pro x64 22H2 - 19045.3086Dell Latitude E5540Hello! I was installing NVIDIA Drivers on my laptop, when i get following...
  3. NVIDIA Drivers fail to install.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NVIDIA Drivers fail to install.: SPECS:BIOS : Up to date; A24NVIDIA GeForce GT 720M 2GB4x2 8GB Ram DDR3L@1600MHzIntel Core i7-4600U 2 Cores 4 Threads @2.10GHz - 2.70GHz466GB HDDWindows 10 Pro x64 22H2 - 19045.3086Dell Latitude E5540Hello! I was installing NVIDIA Drivers on my laptop, when i get following...
  4. NVIDIA Drivers fail to install.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Nvidia Display 27.21.14.6262 failed to install when installing new driver Nvidia 526.47.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia Display 27.21.14.6262 failed to install when installing new driver Nvidia 526.47.: Hello everyone! After installing driver 526.47, I got an error in Windows Update - Nvidia Display 27.21.14.6262 failed to install error code 0x80246019. I installed driver 526.47 through geforce experience using a clean install. After express re-installing the problem no...
  6. Nvidia Display 27.21.14.6262 failed to install when installing new driver Nvidia 526.47.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia Display 27.21.14.6262 failed to install when installing new driver Nvidia 526.47.: Hello everyone! After installing driver 526.47, I got an error in Windows Update - Nvidia Display 27.21.14.6262 failed to install error code 0x80246019. I installed driver 526.47 through geforce experience using a clean install. After express re-installing the problem no...
  7. Nvidia driver failed to be installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nvidia driver failed to be installed: I have a notebook with NVIDIA GEFORCE 930MX. After the latest windows update, NVIDIA asked for driver update. the driver failed to be installed. After that may NVIDIA doesn't come up or active. i searched the device manager and found my NVIDIA device as an other device....
  8. Nvidia Driver Fails to Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Nvidia Driver Fails to Update: Hello all, I'm having an issue with windows update. I have an Nvidia driver for my GTX275 that keeps failing to update. This has stopped all other pending updates. I have since disabled Windows from getting driver updates but I can't figure out how to get Windows to ignore...
  9. nvidia drivers installation fail on windows 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    nvidia drivers installation fail on windows 10: hi everyone, i have a problem with driver of video card nvidia. I wanted reinstall the driver because geforce experience didn't work. Before i used DDU. After i tried to install the driver without success. To understand the problem I used this guide. How to enable...
  10. loop nVidia driver update; install and fail

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    loop nVidia driver update; install and fail: Every time I start my PC, Windows tries to install an nVidia driver, and every time fails to do so. I like to stop this continuous loop. Everything on my PC works fine, the standard Windows updates never give problems and I am satisfied with the present nVidia driver. Any...