Windows 10: Nvidia driver listing missing from Apps settings after upgrade to 2004

Discus and support Nvidia driver listing missing from Apps settings after upgrade to 2004 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Upgraded to 2004 and now when I look under Settings-Apps the listing for my Nivdia driver is no longer listed however it does show in Device Mgr.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by crad, Oct 2, 2020.

1. crad Win User

Nvidia driver listing missing from Apps settings after upgrade to 2004

Upgraded to 2004 and now when I look under Settings-Apps the listing for my Nivdia driver is no longer listed however it does show in Device Mgr. Graphics card is working properly. In Apps it still shows the Nvidia Audio driver and the PhysX System Software just no longer shows the driver and version. Curious if anyone else has seen this after upgrade to 2004. Thanks for your input.

:)

crad, Oct 2, 2020

2. Windows 10 ver. 2004 Compatibility Hold Nvidia GeForce Driver

Thanks for your response!

I was getting my information from Windows 10, version 2004 and Windows Server, version 2004 - Windows Release Information

which shows the incompatibility problem as follows....

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Issue with older drivers for Nvidia display adapters (GPU)

Nvidia and Microsoft have found incompatibility issues with certain versions of Nvidia display adapter drivers and Windows 10, version 2004 (the Windows 10 May 2020 Update). Windows 10 devices with affected
    Nvidia display driver versions might receive a stop error with a blue screen or other issues during or after installing the update to Windows 10, version 2004. The affected drivers are any version lower than 358.00.

To safeguard your update experience, we have applied a compatibility hold on Windows 10 devices with affected Nvidia display drivers drivers installed from being offered Windows 10, version 2004 or Windows
    Server, version 2004 until the driver has been updated.

Affected platforms:
    • Client: Windows 10, version 2004
    • Server: Windows Server, version 2004

Workaround: To mitigate this issue, you will need to check with your device manufacturer (OEM) to see if an updated driver is available and install it.

Next steps: Microsoft and Nvidia are working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release.

Note We recommend that you do not attempt to manually update using the Update now button or the Media Creation Tool until this issue has been resolved.

______________________________________________________________________________________

.......my Nvidia Geforce driver is ver. 342.01, which is the latest release from Nvidia. As stated the affected drivers are any version lower than 358.00.

My question: Is there any information indicating a date that this might be resolved?

Thanks,

Ron

Ron &Lynn, Oct 2, 2020
  3. robinpe Win User
    Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Oct 2, 2020
  4. Nvidia driver listing missing from Apps settings after upgrade to 2004

2004 Update and Nvidia video cards

Hi,

Windows 10, version 2004 and Windows Server, version 2004 - Windows Release Information

Issue with older drivers for Nvidia display adapters (GPU)

Nvidia and Microsoft have found incompatibility issues with certain versions of Nvidia display adapter drivers and Windows 10, version 2004 (the Windows 10 May 2020 Update). Windows 10 devices with affected Nvidia display driver versions might receive
    a stop error with a blue screen or other issues during or after installing the update to Windows 10, version 2004. The affected drivers are any version lower than 358.00.

To safeguard your update experience, we have applied a compatibility hold on Windows 10 devices with affected Nvidia display drivers drivers installed from being offered Windows 10, version 2004 or Windows Server, version 2004 until the driver has
    been updated.

Affected platforms:
    • Client: Windows 10, version 2004
    • Server: Windows Server, version 2004
    Workaround: To mitigate this issue, you will need to check with your device manufacturer (OEM) to see if an updated driver is available and install it.

Next steps: Microsoft and Nvidia are working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release.

Note We recommend that you do not attempt to manually update using the Update now button or the Media Creation Tool until this issue has been resolved.

Back to topN/A

Investigating

Last updated:

May 27, 2020

10:07 AM PT

Opened:

May 27, 2020

12:09 AM PT

Sumit - Insider MVP, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

Nvidia driver listing missing from Apps settings after upgrade to 2004

1. Nvidia driver listing missing from Apps settings after upgrade to 2004 - Similar Threads - Nvidia driver listing

2. nvidia display settings missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nvidia display settings missing: nvidia control panel is missing display settings, in my laptop it only shows 3d settings and developer, please help thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-display-settings-missing/ba56fe5e-c634-4b39-8615-3989020c0a5d
  3. nvidia display settings missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    nvidia display settings missing: nvidia control panel is missing display settings, in my laptop it only shows 3d settings and developer, please help thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-display-settings-missing/ba56fe5e-c634-4b39-8615-3989020c0a5d
  4. Major Nvidia graphics driver issues after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Major Nvidia graphics driver issues after 2004 update: So my PC just updated earlier tonight... and when it came back up, all hell kind of broke loose. My graphics card is a Gigabyte 1660 Super; I already had the latest drivers from Nvidia (457.30) installed before tonight, and have had no issues with them. Once the Windows...
  5. Settings App nolonger works after upgrade to 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Settings App nolonger works after upgrade to 2004: After installing the 2004 upgrade the Setting's App will not run, the windows flash and disappear. I had to restore to a previous version but 2004 keeps downloading and waiting to install at the next restart. 1 anyone know how I can fix the Settings App problem 2 is it...
  6. Nvidia driver listing missing from Apps settings after upgrade to 2004

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia driver listing missing from Apps settings after upgrade to 2004: Upgraded to 2004 and now when I look under Settings-Apps the listing for my Nivdia driver is no longer listed however it does show in Device Mgr. Graphics card is working properly. In Apps it still shows the Nvidia Audio driver and the PhysX System Software just no longer...
  7. Apps missing from search after SSD upgrade?

Apps missing from search after SSD upgrade?: I recently built a new PC, and with that I upgraded to an m.2 with a fresh install of Windows 10, after having previously been on Windows 8.1 on my old 2.5", which is now being used as a gaming SSD. Yesterday while clearing some space, I decided to delete some of the old...
  8. Broken Jump Lists after upgrading to 2004

in Windows 10 Support
    Broken Jump Lists after upgrading to 2004: Hi, I am suddenly facing issues with the Jump Lists after upgrading to version 2004. For some reason, when I try to access recent files (that have not been moved), Windows thinks that the file is not there. This happens randomly to some files. I've attached an example of such...
  9. Broken Jump Lists after upgrading to 2004

Broken Jump Lists after upgrading to 2004: [ATTACH] Hi, I am suddenly facing issues with the Jump Lists after upgrading to version 2004. For some reason, when I try to access recent files (that have not been moved), Windows thinks that the file is not there. This happens randomly to some files. I've attached an...
  10. NVIDIA driver not working after Windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    NVIDIA driver not working after Windows upgrade: I did a thread before about the Intel driver breaking after every reboot, but this is a different issue. My NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M driver has not worked since I was upgraded from Windows 10 1703 to 1803 (it somehow worked on Monday (August 6) though, but it broke when I...