Windows 10: nVidia driver not installing

Discus and support nVidia driver not installing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I am new in this forum. I have just registered because I am trying to work out a problem and need some help. I have recently re-installed my PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rome, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Rome Win User

nVidia driver not installing

Hi,

I am new in this forum. I have just registered because I am trying to work out a problem and need some help.

I have recently re-installed my PC completely. It is now running on 64bit Windows 10, version 1909 (Build 18363.535).
    The PC includes an nVidia card GeForce GTX 980 Ti).

What I am trying to do, is to install the last nVidia driver that still supports 3D Vision, namely the 425.31 64bit version.
    The problem is that the driver won’t install any more. I used it on the earlier Win10 version I had, but now it stops with this message:

NVIDIA Installer cannot continue
    The Standard NVIDIA graphics driver is not compatible with this version of Windows. Please update your driver using GeForce Experience to download the correct version.

That’s a shame, because I have several 3D movies I like to see, and some games as well.

However, I know that some people manged to make it work with my Win10 version.

I’d be happy with any suggestions to remedy this… thanks for reading.

:)

2. Fox34 Win User

I cant get drivers to install

Read my guide, goes step buy step for nvidia driver install. Though I use a different driver cause I got 8 series, same method of installation

Fox34, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Error: The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28) for NVidia MX250 Graphics card

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The error code indicates, "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)". We need to reinstall the device driver manually. I suggest you to refer the steps for
    Code 28 mentioned in the article
    Error codes in Device Manager in Windows
    and see if that helps.

You can try to run NVidia Auto-Detect and see if that helps you in installing the NVidia drivers. You can run NVidia Auto-Detect from
    NVidia website. You can also check for the pending updates on the computer and install them. Please refer the section
    How do I manually update my PC? from the article
    Windows Update: FAQ

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try the steps mentioned below to install the drivers:

1. Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
    2. Right click on the NVidia driver and select
      Update Driver.
    3. Click on Browser my computer for driver software.
    4. Now, click on Let me pick from a list.
    5. Select the NVidia MX250 driver and click on
      Next.
    6. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
    7. Restart the computer once the driver is installed.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Apsy Win User

NVIDIA DRIVER 307.83

The issue still the same.

I went to NVIDIA Web site and they suggested to download a new driver

GE force 353.62. I was able to downloaded but was not able to install it due to:

"NVIDIA Installer cannot continue this graphic driver could not find compatible graphic hardware"

I don't know what to do anymore

Any other suggestion?

Apsy, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

1. nVidia driver not installing - Similar Threads - nVidia driver installing

2. NVIDIA Drivers fail to install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA Drivers fail to install.: SPECS:BIOS : Up to date; A24NVIDIA GeForce GT 720M 2GB4x2 8GB Ram DDR3L@1600MHzIntel Core i7-4600U 2 Cores 4 Threads @2.10GHz - 2.70GHz466GB HDDWindows 10 Pro x64 22H2 - 19045.3086Dell Latitude E5540Hello! I was installing NVIDIA Drivers on my laptop, when i get following...
  3. NVIDIA Drivers fail to install.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NVIDIA Drivers fail to install.: SPECS:BIOS : Up to date; A24NVIDIA GeForce GT 720M 2GB4x2 8GB Ram DDR3L@1600MHzIntel Core i7-4600U 2 Cores 4 Threads @2.10GHz - 2.70GHz466GB HDDWindows 10 Pro x64 22H2 - 19045.3086Dell Latitude E5540Hello! I was installing NVIDIA Drivers on my laptop, when i get following...
  4. NVIDIA Drivers fail to install.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. NVIDIA driver for clean install

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    NVIDIA driver for clean install: I'm getting ready to do a Win10 Pro MCT ISO USB based clean install on a Dell XPS 8700. The machine has an NVIDIA GTX 745 card. In preparing for the install I discovered there are three 451.67 drivers to be considered. I installed the 451.67 for the Win8.1-64 machine. I then...
  6. Nvidia driver failed to be installed

Nvidia driver failed to be installed: I have a notebook with NVIDIA GEFORCE 930MX. After the latest windows update, NVIDIA asked for driver update. the driver failed to be installed. After that may NVIDIA doesn't come up or active. i searched the device manager and found my NVIDIA device as an other device....
  7. nVidia driver not installing

nVidia driver not installing: Hi, I am new in this forum. I have just registered because I am trying to work out a problem and need some help. I have recently re-installed my PC completely. It is now running on 64bit Windows 10, version 1909 (Build 18363.535). The PC includes an nVidia card GeForce GTX...
  8. Nvidia Graphics Driver Installation Problem

Nvidia Graphics Driver Installation Problem: Hello there. Recently installed Latest Windows 10 Pro 64bit v1809 and i tried to install the latest graphics driver which is 419.35, but i get this error message when installing that the driver is not compatible with this version of windows. I've tried installing older...
  9. Nvidia Driver Installation Failed

Nvidia Driver Installation Failed: It seems my 1050ti is not being recognized, I tried many nvidia drivers and still nothing. I did used DDU and even windows update doesn't work. Whenever its installing, it shows my GPU but then it disappears into being a display with a warning symbol. DxDiag.txt 126280
  10. Nvidia Driver Install Location?

Nvidia Driver Install Location?: Hey guys, just wondering, where am I supposed to install my Nvidia drivers? Directly in my C drive C:/Nvidia or in program files (x86)? Thanks *Smile 104725