Windows 10: NVIDIA driver problem. Freeze after leaving fullscreen.

Discus and support NVIDIA driver problem. Freeze after leaving fullscreen. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ok I've got a weird bug. When I enter and leave the fullscreen for example with chrome in youtube or any other video in html5 my screen freezes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Johanno1, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Johanno1 Win User

NVIDIA driver problem. Freeze after leaving fullscreen.

Ok I've got a weird bug. When I enter and leave the fullscreen for example with chrome in youtube or any other video in html5 my screen freezes eventually with the mouse being visible and moving but everything else is frozen. Windows is still running in the background because if i click where the video should be it starts running again. I also made sure that the problem is probably not chrome because I closed it after it froze but this changed nothing.

The only thing that works is a restart. I am pretty sure it is a driver problem from the nvidia drivers

System:

Win 10

Version: 10.0.19041 Build 19041

Graphics card: RTX 2070

Version: Device-Manager27.21.14.5655 / GeForce Experience 456.55

Mainboard: Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming5

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 37000x 3800 MHz

16 GB RAM.

Is there a fix?

:)

Johanno1, Oct 5, 2020

2. Nvidia Graphics Driver Crash on Fullscreen

Hello, I recently updated to windows 10 and since have been having problems with my Nvidia graphics drivers crashing when I try to put anything in full screen mode on my second monitor. The computer would
    crash and eventually give me an error that graphics driver had crashed and recovered or that only the Microsoft basics driver is now being used. If
    I try to put anything in full screen on my primary monitor, the monitor goes black until I exit full screen. If I only use 1 monitor (unplug hdmi for other) I get a blank screen on full screen.

I had another post with the same issue. The problem went away after using the auto detect GPU function from NVidia but the problem came back the next day and is now getting worse. I am now having trouble using the computer for anything graphically intense
    without it freezing. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

What I have tried:

• clean install of windows 10 after initial update
    • did a safe mode clean install on Nvidia drivers (used Device Driver Uninstaller) restarted
    • downloaded the newest Nvidia driver using the auto detect GPU function
    • installed a custom install with a clean install (currently have driver version 368.81 for my GeForce GTX 660)
    • I also tried using the GeForce Experience instead of auto detect but the same problem
    Computer is Alienware X51 R2 (Core i7-4770 @ 3.4) and have Panda Anti-virus installed currently

NoahHammarlund, Oct 5, 2020
  3. derekimo Win User
    derekimo, Oct 5, 2020
  4. NVIDIA driver problem. Freeze after leaving fullscreen.

Fullscreen mode problem

I did a clean boot and I was able to run it in fullscreen. At first it was minimizing the game at fullscreen and I had to click on the icon to bring it back on screen. After a few clicks the game seemed to run in fullscreen without any problems.

The problem is caused by NahimicService.exe which has something to do with audio drivers of Sonic Studio, applications wwhich are included in ASUS and MSI Motherboards.

There are many Official Forums of those Brands that suggest to uninstall Realtek drivers.

Panos9ball, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

NVIDIA driver problem. Freeze after leaving fullscreen.

1. NVIDIA driver problem. Freeze after leaving fullscreen. - Similar Threads - NVIDIA driver problem

2. FullScreen Freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FullScreen Freezes: When I open Fortnite in full-screen it freezes and my mouse cursor starts disappearing and reappearing randomly, I tried multiple things like reverting the driver's download, unplugging and replugging the monitor, etc. Nothing worked, it only happens on Fortnite and I don't...
  3. FullScreen Freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FullScreen Freezes: When I open Fortnite in full-screen it freezes and my mouse cursor starts disappearing and reappearing randomly, I tried multiple things like reverting the driver's download, unplugging and replugging the monitor, etc. Nothing worked, it only happens on Fortnite and I don't...
  4. a Nvidia driver problem.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    a Nvidia driver problem.: So i have a GTX 1650and when i leave my laptop on idle for a hour then the displays go dark. no bsod.i then need to force shutdown my laptophow do i fix it?oh the driver version and date:27.21.14.627025.05.2021...
  5. a Nvidia driver problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a Nvidia driver problem.: So i have a GTX 1650and when i leave my laptop on idle for a hour then the displays go dark. no bsod.i then need to force shutdown my laptophow do i fix it?oh the driver version and date:27.21.14.627025.05.2021...
  6. a Nvidia driver problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Fullscreen freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fullscreen freezes: Whenever i try to watch anything fullscreen on my HDMI connected screen the video freezes as soon as it is made fullscreen. it is not a browser issue as it does the same on all sites, browsers and applications. i have updated all of my drivers related to the issue but i can't...
  8. Nvidia driver problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia driver problem: Hi A major computer failure destroyed all my data on C Drive and also on my backup Drives including my image files. Have reinstalled Windows 10 Version 1909, all my programs including latest Nvidia driver. My setup is Win10, Samsung 970 M2 SSD, 2x Samsung 860 SSD, 2080ti,...
  9. Nvidia driver problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nvidia driver problem: Hi A major computer failure destroyed all my data on C Drive and also on my backup Drives including my image files. Have reinstalled Windows 10 Version 1909, all my programs including latest Nvidia driver. My setup is Win10, Samsung 970 M2 SSD, 2x Samsung 860 SSD, 2080ti,...
  10. Possible NVIDIA Driver Freezing (With no NVIDIA card)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Possible NVIDIA Driver Freezing (With no NVIDIA card): Hello, I have had Windows 10 pretty much since official release- and it's great! One problem however; it seems to crash every now and then. By crash, I mean the computer freezes up (No BSOD) and I can't move mouse nor turn num-lock off... The only option is to force shut...