Windows 10: Nvidia driver update 460.89

Discus and support Nvidia driver update 460.89 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Win 10 is giving me an error 43 on the NVIDIA update to 460.89. Nvidia had me run DDU and now the Gorce experience just wants to keep updating the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JHJN, Dec 28, 2020.

1. JHJN Win User

Nvidia driver update 460.89

Win 10 is giving me an error 43 on the NVIDIA update to 460.89. Nvidia had me run DDU and now the Gorce experience just wants to keep updating the same driver. Windows apparently will not let the driver load.

:)

2. Harry_C89 Win User

Cannot update graphics drivers - NVIDIA GTX 460

Hi Everyone,

Just upgraded to Windows 10. I am having a real issue with upgrading my graphics driver for GTX 460 Nvidia card. I have used Geforce experience, device manager and windows update for the update with no success. The process will run through about 16% then
    stopping and say the installation cannot continue (Code 28). Not sure if there is a setting on my Comondos firewall that is stopping the installation continuing. What I am also finding is there is black screen on boot up and I have press the reset button.
    Could be linked to the driver issue. When I go into windows update it has the graphics drivers then and seems to be stuck at 16%. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have tried everything I can think of.

Cheers,

Harry

Harry_C89, Dec 28, 2020
  3. Cannot update graphics drivers - NVIDIA GTX 460

Hi Harry,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you perform a clean boot and then try to update your graphics card from the device manager.

To disable all non-Microsoft services consult the article called
    Clean Boot.

Follow: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"

Important: A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur
    when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows. You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot. You must log on to the computer as an administrator to be able to perform
    a clean boot. Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality when you perform a clean boot. When you start the computer normally, the functionality returns. However, you may receive the original error message, or experience the original behavior if
    the problem still exists. If the computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may prevent you from following these steps.

Now, follow the steps to update the Graphics Card drivers:

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click
      Enter.
    • Expand the Display Adapter.
    • Double-click on the Graphics card.
    • In Properties, go to
      Drivers Tab and click on Update.
    • Restart the computer and check.
    Hope this helps. Please reply if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Dec 28, 2020
  4. Geethu B Win User

NVIDIA driver update for NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M LE — 0x800f0102

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with installing
    NVIDIA driver update for NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M. I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Incorrect Windows Update settings.

2. Corrupt Windows Update components.

To understand the issue better let me know, from where you are installing NVIDIA driver update? Is it through Windows Update or through manufacturer website?

If you are installing NVIDIA driver update through Windows Update follow these steps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run “Windows Update troubleshooter” to diagnose the exact issue.

a. Press Windows key from the keyboard.

b. Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the search box.

c. Select “View all” option from the left panel.

d. Then select “Windows Update” option from the list and follow the onscreen instructions.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try the steps under the section
    Manually reset Windows Update components and check if it helps.
    Resetting Windows Update Components will fix corrupt Windows Update Components.

How do I reset Windows Update components?

Windows Update - Additional resources - Windows Deployment

Warning:

1. Applies to Windows 10.

2. Please avoid running Fixit’s and Step 11 in this article, as it does not applies to Windows 10.

3. This section, method, or task contains steps that tells you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully.
    For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the
    Microsoft Knowledge Base:

Method 3:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install latest driver for NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M LE from manufacturer website. I see that there are no Windows 10 drivers available for you graphics card model. You may install latest graphics driver in
    compatibility mode and check if it helps.

http://www.geforce.com/drivers

To install graphics driver in compatibility mode follow these steps:

a. Right-click on the setup file of the
    graphics driver and select “Properties”.

c. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

d. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and
    select latest Windows version from the drop down list.

e. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Nvidia driver update 460.89 - Similar Threads - Nvidia driver update

2. Windows Update Stuck At 89%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update Stuck At 89%: I went to shut down my pc for a couple of hours and it said I had a 5 minute windows update I could do so I clicked on that. and I need to get back on my computer but after a few hours my computer is a black screen that says “You’re 89% there. Please keep your computer on.”...
  3. Rx 460 driver error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rx 460 driver error: Hi all ! I have Rx 460 and I just want update drivers I updated and when I shutdown pc I got BSOD with critical process died error I turn on pc I start playing FNAF 3 AND NEED FOR SPEED I got big lags the next day I Just Want Connect 2 monitors I connected and I got nothing...
  4. Rx 460 driver error

Rx 460 driver error: Hi all ! I have Rx 460 and I just want update drivers I updated and when I shutdown pc I got BSOD with critical process died error I turn on pc I start playing FNAF 3 AND NEED FOR SPEED I got big lags the next day I Just Want Connect 2 monitors I connected and I got nothing...
  5. nvidia driver updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nvidia driver updates: Today, I attempted to run X-Plane 11 on a windows laptop with a Nvidia Geforce GTX graphics card for the workload. This was working fine a week ago. Now it says my driver needs to be updated. The Vulkan page is confusion. The Nvidia page says that the OEM should put the...
  6. nvidia driver updates

nvidia driver updates: Today, I attempted to run X-Plane 11 on a windows laptop with a Nvidia Geforce GTX graphics card for the workload. This was working fine a week ago. Now it says my driver needs to be updated. The Vulkan page is confusion. The Nvidia page says that the OEM should put the...
  7. nvidia driver updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. 20H2 update stuck at 89%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    20H2 update stuck at 89%: I am trying to upgrade to the 20H2 update and am currently on the blue screen saying "Waiting for updates 89%. Do not turn off your PC, this will take a while. Your PC will restart several times." It has been working like this for two days. What can I do to update my Windows?...
  9. Update stuck on 89%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update stuck on 89%: I downloaded a windows update and while installing it. its stuck on 89% its been 3 hrs since it is struck.What should I do next ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-stuck-on-89/f6414d02-b685-4896-ba9f-09868e39186d
  10. updating nvidia drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    updating nvidia drivers: my laptop is alienware 17 r5 i9 and it has nvidia geforce gtx 1080 graphics card. i am currently on windows 10 build 1809 is having the latest windows build a requirement to install new drivers? i asked a nvidia support agent about that. he said that the new drivers are...