Windows 10: Nvidia driver update causes start button to not work.

Discus and support Nvidia driver update causes start button to not work. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As the title says. since near the end of 2019 whenever i do a driver update for GPU (nvidia) my start menu button freezes. to fix that i have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/John2029, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Nvidia driver update causes start button to not work.

As the title says. since near the end of 2019 whenever i do a driver update for GPU (nvidia) my start menu button freezes. to fix that i have to restart the pc and then the problem returns when i do another driver update after some weeks/Month. Please help.

submitted by /u/John2029
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/John2029, Mar 20, 2020

2. NVidia driver doesnt work

Hi Haydar,

Welcome thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

It appears that the drivers might be incompatible with Windows 10.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the drivers.

1. Type "devmgmt.msc" in start search box and hit Enter.

2. In device manager, expand NVidia driver.

3. Right click on it, click on Uninstall.

Step 2: Install the driver in compatibility mode.

Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
      Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Place a check mark next to
      Run this program in Compatibility mode
      and select previous
      the version of Windows from the drop down list.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Mar 20, 2020
  4. twiggs462 Win User

Nvidia driver update causes start button to not work.

Start Button Not Working?

What steps should be taken to diagnose a Windows 10 start button not working?

twiggs462, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

Nvidia driver update causes start button to not work.

1. Nvidia driver update causes start button to not work. - Similar Threads - Nvidia driver update

2. Nvidia graphics driver update caused a BSOD loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia graphics driver update caused a BSOD loop: I attempted to update my Nvidia gpu drivers and as soon as they finished updating I received a BSoD with code PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA listing what failed as nviddmkm.sys I know this is an issue with the latest Nvidia driver but I performed a clean install. I cannot load...
  3. Nvidia graphics driver update caused a BSOD loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia graphics driver update caused a BSOD loop: I attempted to update my Nvidia gpu drivers and as soon as they finished updating I received a BSoD with code PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA listing what failed as nviddmkm.sys I know this is an issue with the latest Nvidia driver but I performed a clean install. I cannot load...
  4. Nvidia graphics driver update caused a BSOD loop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. nvidia driver updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nvidia driver updates: Today, I attempted to run X-Plane 11 on a windows laptop with a Nvidia Geforce GTX graphics card for the workload. This was working fine a week ago. Now it says my driver needs to be updated. The Vulkan page is confusion. The Nvidia page says that the OEM should put the...
  6. nvidia driver updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    nvidia driver updates: Today, I attempted to run X-Plane 11 on a windows laptop with a Nvidia Geforce GTX graphics card for the workload. This was working fine a week ago. Now it says my driver needs to be updated. The Vulkan page is confusion. The Nvidia page says that the OEM should put the...
  7. nvidia driver updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. BSOD caused by NVIDIA Driver?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD caused by NVIDIA Driver?: So i was playing vrchat and a couple weeks ago i updated my driver to 457.09 not important now but later.So i was playing VRChat for the first time since updating my driver and i went into the game and ran straight into a BSOD.Now this kinda scared me, since the last time i...
  9. Nvidia drivers causing BSoD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nvidia drivers causing BSoD?: I just installed the game readyNvidia drivers for gtx 1070 on my PC. I played Some games after, but suddenly, my PC froze and i restarted it often, but it just stopped while loading Windows 10. After Some restarts BSoD "Critical process died" appeared. I cant Start in...
  10. updating nvidia drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    updating nvidia drivers: my laptop is alienware 17 r5 i9 and it has nvidia geforce gtx 1080 graphics card. i am currently on windows 10 build 1809 is having the latest windows build a requirement to install new drivers? i asked a nvidia support agent about that. he said that the new drivers are...