Windows 10: Nvidia Driver

Discus and support Nvidia Driver in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I'm a bit confused. I have the latest Nvidia driver installed but WU has come up today telling me to install Nvidia driver update for Nvidia High... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by swarfega, Nov 19, 2014.

1. swarfega Win User

Nvidia Driver

I'm a bit confused. I have the latest Nvidia driver installed but WU has come up today telling me to install Nvidia driver update for Nvidia High Definition Audio. At 264Mb I'm not sure if this is the video driver or for audio. I don't use their audio anyway as I have a good sound card.

:)

swarfega, Nov 19, 2014

2. Nvidia Drivers

It seems that the issue is with the driver itself. We highly suggest that you contact Nvidia directly or through their forums for assistance, as they have the tools and information for these kind of issues.

Regards.

Radney Dri, Nov 19, 2014
  3. Nvidia Drivers

Hey Radney,

Thanks for replying so fast!

The issue however happened before I re-installed windows as this was what I resorted to, to try fix it. This whole issue makes almost all my games completely unplayable for more than 15 mins. If it helps, I believe that the driver itself is causing the problem.
    According to certain forums the driver that works with my most troubled game is version 353.54 or something along those lines which means it is at least a year old but i'm sure it is more. I spoke to a Microsoft technician who managed to find somewhere that
    the driver I was using (version 385.28 the latest) was not compatible and helped to find one that was and install that. I think this worked for a while but when I tried to play online with a friend the game crashed after about 30 seconds into the game. I know
    it was not my internet however because I play lots of other games online without fail and have a pretty good internet package which I and my family use constantly.

again thanks for the reply.

JudeChauhan, Nov 19, 2014
  4. davehc Win User

Nvidia Driver

Just hide it. I have the same problem and, as I have no enhanced audio add-ons, I have no need for it. Your sound will be fine, but average quality, without it, on the Windows defaults. I also found it was installed in the "Programs and Settings". I removed it from there, as well.

davehc, Nov 19, 2014
  5. swarfega Win User
    Yea I dont need it since I have a high end sound card that supports 116dB.

swarfega, Nov 19, 2014
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    I get the same thing and I ignore it.
    Just a useless update IMO.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Nov 19, 2014
  7. badrobot Win User
    I am using mostly W10 native drivers even for my multi-monitor setup.

badrobot, Nov 19, 2014
  8. BunnyJ New Member

Nvidia Driver

When I install Win10 I usually get the driver for my video card in a few minutes after booting up. But this last time I installed them manually. Works fine and I didn't perform the update mentioned by the OP.
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Nov 19, 2014
  9. badrobot Win User
    Mine was still automatic after the update to the last build. I haven't manually installed 9879 yet but I already have the ISO ready. Just waiting for a reason to do a reinstall. So far it's ok.

badrobot, Nov 19, 2014
  10. swarfega Win User
    I've just been using Windows 8.1 versions of my drivers.

swarfega, Nov 19, 2014
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    I doubt there will be any true Win10 drivers until next year.
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Nov 19, 2014
  12. badrobot Win User
    Yeah. No hardware manufacturer will waste their time re-writing their drivers for a preview version of an OS. Right now, all drivers are hit or miss for Win 10.

badrobot, Nov 19, 2014
  13. swarfega Win User

Nvidia Driver

The drivers seem to be ok so I'll probably continue to use them.

swarfega, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Nvidia Driver

1. Nvidia Driver - Similar Threads - Nvidia Driver

2. I can’t download NVIDIA drivers on my laptop, it’s a Dell Precision M4800. I tried the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t download NVIDIA drivers on my laptop, it’s a Dell Precision M4800. I tried the...: What I tried to download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-download-nvidia-drivers-on-my-laptop-its-a/7194b9d7-41e7-4dbb-b937-28d1d4a30152
  3. I can’t download NVIDIA drivers on my laptop, it’s a Dell Precision M4800. I tried the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t download NVIDIA drivers on my laptop, it’s a Dell Precision M4800. I tried the...: What I tried to download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-download-nvidia-drivers-on-my-laptop-its-a/7194b9d7-41e7-4dbb-b937-28d1d4a30152
  4. I can’t download NVIDIA drivers on my laptop, it’s a Dell Precision M4800. I tried the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. iqvw64e.sys vulnerable driver, nvidia drivers not updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iqvw64e.sys vulnerable driver, nvidia drivers not updating: I recently switched back to my professional dell laptop from an asus tuf gaming. while i was setting up my dell windows setup asked me for a backup and i mistakenly clicked my asus's backup file. since then it shows that iqvw64e.sys vulnerable driver and is not loading,...
  6. iqvw64e.sys vulnerable driver, nvidia drivers not updating

iqvw64e.sys vulnerable driver, nvidia drivers not updating: I recently switched back to my professional dell laptop from an asus tuf gaming. while i was setting up my dell windows setup asked me for a backup and i mistakenly clicked my asus's backup file. since then it shows that iqvw64e.sys vulnerable driver and is not loading,...
  7. NVIDIA Driver Not Working Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA Driver Not Working Properly: I have the Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super driver, and it usually has code 43 error on it. My Geforce Experience is unable to identify that I have the game ready driver that it wants me to download and so it keeps prompting me to download it over and over again. My Nvidia...
  8. NVIDIA Driver Not Working Properly

NVIDIA Driver Not Working Properly: I have the Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super driver, and it usually has code 43 error on it. My Geforce Experience is unable to identify that I have the game ready driver that it wants me to download and so it keeps prompting me to download it over and over again. My Nvidia...
  9. Error and error of Nvidia graphics card drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error and error of Nvidia graphics card drivers: nvlddmkm service reset for a device instance with PCI ID\VEN_10DE&DEV_25A2&SUBSYS_1363152D&REV_A1\4&3944E46E&0&0008 has been completed with the following status: 0. Reinstalled the drivers , nothing helped the Windows , I ask for help...
  10. Error and error of Nvidia graphics card drivers

Error and error of Nvidia graphics card drivers: nvlddmkm service reset for a device instance with PCI ID\VEN_10DE&DEV_25A2&SUBSYS_1363152D&REV_A1\4&3944E46E&0&0008 has been completed with the following status: 0. Reinstalled the drivers , nothing helped the Windows , I ask for help...