Windows 10: Nvidia Error & Crash when updating drivers

Discus and support Nvidia Error & Crash when updating drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey there everyone! I was recently installing new drivers for my 1050ti, and my laptop keeps crashing to the blue screen, then I get a NVIDIA Web... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by OmarSaib, Apr 13, 2021.

1. OmarSaib Win User

Nvidia Error & Crash when updating drivers

Hey there everyone! I was recently installing new drivers for my 1050ti, and my laptop keeps crashing to the blue screen, then I get a NVIDIA Web Helper error Bad Image, saying that nvapi.dll is either not designed to run on windows or contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation. Error status 0xc000012f.

What should I do here? Please help so I can update my drivers.

:)

OmarSaib, Apr 13, 2021

2. Nvidia Driver Crashing - Two Display - Tried Multiple Solutions

Hello, I recently updated to windows 10 and since have been having problems with my Nvidia graphics drivers crashing when I try to put anything in full screen mode on my second monitor. The computer would crash and eventually give me an error that graphics driver had crashed and recovered or that only the Microsoft basics driver is now being used. If I try to put anything in full screen on my primary monitor, the monitor goes black until I exit fullscreen.

I have read through multiple similar posts about this problem for others who seem to have found solutions. I tried to follow all of these different solutions but the problem persists.

What I've done:

• I installed Display Driver Uninstaller
    • did a safe mode clean install restarted
    • downloaded the newest Nvidia driver updater (364.51-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql)
    • installed a custom install with a clean install (currently have driver version 364.51 for my GeForce GTX 660)
    • told windows not to auto update
    • told Nvidia not to auto update.

I am thinking that perhaps I need a legacy driver...? Any suggestions? Thanks!

doctasarge, Apr 13, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Error: The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28) for NVidia MX250 Graphics card

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The error code indicates, "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)". We need to reinstall the device driver manually. I suggest you to refer the steps for
    Code 28 mentioned in the article
    Error codes in Device Manager in Windows
    and see if that helps.

You can try to run NVidia Auto-Detect and see if that helps you in installing the NVidia drivers. You can run NVidia Auto-Detect from
    NVidia website. You can also check for the pending updates on the computer and install them. Please refer the section
    How do I manually update my PC? from the article
    Windows Update: FAQ

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try the steps mentioned below to install the drivers:

1. Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
    2. Right click on the NVidia driver and select
      Update Driver.
    3. Click on Browser my computer for driver software.
    4. Now, click on Let me pick from a list.
    5. Select the NVidia MX250 driver and click on
      Next.
    6. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
    7. Restart the computer once the driver is installed.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

Nvidia Error & Crash when updating drivers

1. Nvidia Error & Crash when updating drivers - Similar Threads - Nvidia Error Crash

2. nvidia driver updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nvidia driver updates: Today, I attempted to run X-Plane 11 on a windows laptop with a Nvidia Geforce GTX graphics card for the workload. This was working fine a week ago. Now it says my driver needs to be updated. The Vulkan page is confusion. The Nvidia page says that the OEM should put the...
  3. Nvidia 940M driver crashes when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia 940M driver crashes when playing games: Hi. I recently opened my old laptop to see my old memories and play some gamesUnfortunately whenever i try to play anything the computer will either blue screen or it will remove the NVIDIA driver until i restart my computer.I've tried reinstalling and uninstalling the...
  4. Nvidia 940M driver crashes when playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia 940M driver crashes when playing games: Hi. I recently opened my old laptop to see my old memories and play some gamesUnfortunately whenever i try to play anything the computer will either blue screen or it will remove the NVIDIA driver until i restart my computer.I've tried reinstalling and uninstalling the...
  5. Nvidia OpenGL Driver crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia OpenGL Driver crashing: Hello,I've been getting crashes constantly while playing games due to the Nvidia drivers crashing.I have tried many drivers using DDU but the crashes stayed. So, it is not a heating problem and not a driver issue.Any Help?Here are the Event Viewer error logs:1* The...
  6. Nvidia Error & Win10 Crash when installing Nvidia Drivers...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Nvidia Error & Win10 Crash when installing Nvidia Drivers...: Hey there everyone! I recently had an unexpected shutdown while playing, then I had to uninstall my gpu drivers. Afterwards, I wasn't able to download them back since I am getting a BSOD everytime halfway through the download... The blue screen displays the error: PAGE...
  7. Nvidia Driver Crashed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia Driver Crashed: My Nvidia Graphics Card Driver crashed when i playing games and Device Manager show code43,some game showing out of video memory and some showing DirectX error tried at another computer also same.Then i restart my pc and its back to normal,also working normally if i doesn't...
  8. updating nvidia drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    updating nvidia drivers: my laptop is alienware 17 r5 i9 and it has nvidia geforce gtx 1080 graphics card. i am currently on windows 10 build 1809 is having the latest windows build a requirement to install new drivers? i asked a nvidia support agent about that. he said that the new drivers are...
  9. Blackscreen when updating Nvidia Driver

Blackscreen when updating Nvidia Driver: Hi, - So I closed a game and my screen went black and wouldn't come back until I restarted the computer. - Screen would remain on until I logged into windows (put in password and pressed enter) - Repeated several times with same outcome -Then tried booting in safe mode,...
  10. NVIDIA driver update error

NVIDIA driver update error: [img] What is the cause of this error? Any light? 33003