Windows 10: NVIDIA extends external monitor instead of GPU

Discus and support NVIDIA extends external monitor instead of GPU in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Ms, I would be really happy if you can give me some tip how to solve such kind of issue as I am troubleshooting it more than 4 hours. It is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Glsar, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Glsar Win User

NVIDIA extends external monitor instead of GPU

Hi Ms,

I would be really happy if you can give me some tip how to solve such kind of issue as I am troubleshooting it more than 4 hours.

It is about HP ZBook 15 G5. Until now I was working with the Intel graphic card while solving some things and not working with my 3D software. If I have to work with 3D then I am enabling the NVIDIA. Since yesterday, once I disable my NVIDIA Quadro P2000 the connection between my laptop and 1 external monitor is not possible. It seems that the connection to the external monitor is recognized only while using the NVIDIA. As I noticed, it did work in the past without any issues. I am not able to leave the NVIDIA as default and enabled as laptop`s performance is awful and cannot work on this way. Connection from monitor DP to Thunderbolt adapter. What I did until now:

Checked all hardware

Tried with different cables

Searched for hardware changes in Device Manager.

Uninstalled the both graphic card`s drivers and restarted PC.

Updated both drivers from the Device Manager.

Uninstalled both of them and downloaded the drivers - Intel 630 and NVIDIA Quadro P2000 from official website

BIOS updated.

Searched for windows update.

BIOS set up - Advanced - Built-In Device Options - Graphics set to all possible options.

CPU is using NVIDA and GPU but I want to disable the NVIDIA while not working with 3D software so the CPI can be occupied only from the GPU.

NO GO!!!

:)

Glsar, Oct 1, 2020
  2. Qumar_-_ Win User

External monitors extending issue.

I am trying to connect 6 external monitors to my laptop running on windows 10. I am using DVI-D dual-link to HDMI cable to connect the monitors to the HDMI splitter and HDMI to HDMI cable to connect the splitter to the laptop. There
    is just one problem when I am extending the screens, the external monitors seem to duplicate themselves rather than extend. So instead of 1 to 7 for all monitors combined, all my laptop only detects 1 and 2. 1 being my laptop and 2 being all the other external
    6 monitors. That means that all the external monitors showing me the same thing as in they duplicate and not extend. Any suggestion on it can be fixed so all the external monitors become the extension of my main laptop and do not duplicate?

Qumar_-_, Oct 1, 2020
  3. Dorad Win User
    Manage external monitor with GeForce GPU instead of Intel GPU

I bought a new external touch monitor for my laptop.

It works fine (display and touch). However, the image is a bit pixelated. I noticed that Windows is managing both laptop monitor and external monitor with the built-in Intel GPU instead of the GeForce one. I am OK with this configuration for the laptop GPU, as i barely use any graphically heavy operation, and it's better for battery life. However, for the external monitor, i need to compensate the pixelated image, so i want to manage it via GeForce GPU. Also, the laptop is always plugged in to an AC adapter power source while using the external monitor.

Laptop details:

• Brand&Model: Lenovo Yoga 720
    • Built in Intel(R) HD Graphics 630
    • internal GeForce GTX 1050 GPU

Screen details:

• Acer UT241Y
    • Connected via Type-C to Type-C adapter

NVIDIA extends external monitor instead of GPU Qt1Gb.png

Dorad, Oct 1, 2020
  4. Swapna S Win User

Desktop shortcuts appear on external monitor instead of pc

Hi,

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing in getting
    desktop shortcuts on your PC from External monitor.

This issue might occur due to default settings where you are not able to view the desktop shortcuts on the PC, you are looking for.

Before proceeding further, I would like to ask few questions for better assistance:

• Which edition of Windows are you working with?
    Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

• Plug in the second monitor which physically sits to the left of your primary screen

• Right click the desktop, choose
      Graphic Options>Output To>Extended Desktop> Built-in display + Monitor.

• Extended desktop enabled, but screen 2 (on the left) can only be accessed by moving the cursor to the right.

• Right click the desktop and choose
      Graphic Properties - choose 'Multiple Displays' from the side menu.

• Move monitor 2 from its default
      'Right' side to the left – all the icons go with it
      to screen 2 but the taskbar stays on the primary monitor.

• Click 'Apply' to accept this (temporarily) - close the
      'properties' window.

• Right Click the desktop, but this time choose
      'Screen Resolution'. Ensure that screen 2 is to the left - if not, move it.

• Click on screen 1 and ensure it says
      'This is currently your main display'

• Click on screen 2 and tick the box that says
      'Make this my main display' - the taskbar should move to screen 2.

• Finally click on Screen 1 again and tick the box that says
      'Make this my main display' - the taskbar and
      all the icons should move back to screen 1.
    I would like to Inform/suggest, Press the
    Windows key + P, and then choose a way to project:

• PC screen only
      – All your desktop shortcuts will be seen only on primary monitor/Desktop.

• Duplicate- Desktop Shortcuts that is on primary monitor/Desktop will replicate on Secondary monitor too.

• Extend- Primary monitor will be extended to Secondary monitor. But all the desktop shortcuts will appear only on primary monitor. (If you want to have the desktop
      shortcuts that’s on primary monitor on secondary monitor, you can just drag the shortcuts from primary to secondary monitor and check if that helps).

• Second screen only- All your desktop shortcuts will be seen only on Secondary monitor/Desktop.
    Please get back to us, if you still facing issue
    in getting desktop shortcuts on your PC from External monitor.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

1. NVIDIA extends external monitor instead of GPU - Similar Threads - NVIDIA extends external

2. Windows 10 Nvidia Quadro M1000M GPU not working after installing external GPU NVidia...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Nvidia Quadro M1000M GPU not working after installing external GPU NVidia...: I have a Lenovo P50 laptop with an internal Quadro m1000m GPU. I installed recently an external NVidia GeForce RTX 3060 GPU thunderbolt attached, and the internal Quadro m1000m GPU gets a Code 31 in device manager. The NVidia GeForce RTX 3060 GPU driver does not list Quadro...
  3. Windows 10 Nvidia Quadro M1000M GPU not working after installing external GPU NVidia...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Nvidia Quadro M1000M GPU not working after installing external GPU NVidia...: I have a Lenovo P50 laptop with an internal Quadro m1000m GPU. I installed recently an external NVidia GeForce RTX 3060 GPU thunderbolt attached, and the internal Quadro m1000m GPU gets a Code 31 in device manager. The NVidia GeForce RTX 3060 GPU driver does not list Quadro...
  4. Windows 10 Nvidia Quadro M1000M GPU not working after installing external GPU NVidia...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to use intel graphics card instead of nvidia when using external monitor ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use intel graphics card instead of nvidia when using external monitor ?: I have a LG external monitor with GSync and a Acer Nitro Laptop with Nvidia 1060t graphics. Whenever i connect my laptop to the external monitor and close the lid of laptop 2nd display only the monitor and all the apps on Laptop start to run on nvidia gpu instead of intel...
  6. How to use intel graphics card instead of nvidia when using external monitor ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use intel graphics card instead of nvidia when using external monitor ?: I have a LG external monitor with GSync and a Acer Nitro Laptop with Nvidia 1060t graphics. Whenever i connect my laptop to the external monitor and close the lid of laptop 2nd display only the monitor and all the apps on Laptop start to run on nvidia gpu instead of intel...
  7. nvidia gpu needs to be connected to the monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    nvidia gpu needs to be connected to the monitor: I have a question," Does it matter whether the graphics card is connected with the monitor?" Becausemy monitor is plugged into the motherboard and in my device manager it didn't show that there is another graphics card except the intel hd 4600 graphics. A few days ago I saw...
  8. nvidia gpu needs to be connected to the monitor

nvidia gpu needs to be connected to the monitor: I have a question," Does it matter whether the graphics card is connected with the monitor?" Becausemy monitor is plugged into the motherboard and in my device manager it didn't show that there is another graphics card except the intel hd 4600 graphics. A few days ago I saw...
  9. External monitors extending issue.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External monitors extending issue.: I am trying to connect 6 external monitors to my laptop running on windows 10. I am using DVI-D dual-link to HDMI cable to connect the monitors to the HDMI splitter and HDMI to HDMI cable to connect the splitter to the laptop. There is just one problem when I am extending the...
  10. Force Nvidia instead of Onboard Intel GPU

Force Nvidia instead of Onboard Intel GPU: I set everything in the the Nvidia Control Panel to force the system to use my Nvidia Geforce 850M GPU, since I noticed that it wasn't ever switching. I also set it to display on the screen what GPU the Physx engine is using, and it always uses the onboard Intel GPU. I also...