Windows 10: nVidia folder being created at c:\ after every reboot

Discus and support nVidia folder being created at c:\ after every reboot in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Starting yesterday an empty folder C:\nVidia Corporation\umdlogs gets created every time I start my computer. The driver version is 441.87 which was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Wobitancrawfodi, Jun 29, 2020.

1. nVidia folder being created at c:\ after every reboot

Starting yesterday an empty folder C:\nVidia Corporation\umdlogs gets created every time I start my computer.

The driver version is 441.87 which was installed on 9th February. nVidia drivers no longer show in programs and features (only physx shows). I do not install geforce experience.

Reinstalling the drivers doesn't fix the problem.

How do I stop this folder creation?

:)

Wobitancrawfodi, Jun 29, 2020

2. nVidia folder being created at c:\ after every reboot

I have problems deleting the folder. It just gets recreated every restart. So I assume you're saying that DDU has an option to disable the creation of that folder?

Ok, will do. I have a couple of things running which will take a couple of hours, but once done, I'll do as you suggest.

Interestingly, of the 10 PCs here, all of which are running the same driver version, only mine has this folder being created.

3. nVidia folder being created at c:\ after every reboot

Starting yesterday an empty folder C:\nVidia Corporation\umdlogs gets created every time I start my computer.

The driver version is 441.87 which was installed on 9th February. nVidia drivers no longer show in programs and features (only physx shows). I do not install geforce experience.

Reinstalling the drivers doesn't fix the problem.

How do I stop this folder creation?

4. nVidia folder being created at c:\ after every reboot

nVidia folder being created at c:\ after every reboot

Yes, I read that, but I've not used DDU in a long time, certainly not in the last 24 hours. Nor have I updated the drivers since Feb.
    So, I'm not sure what you're driving at. DDU is not creating the folder, the nVidia software is. Anyway, I'll uninstall with DDU and reinstall and see what happens.

Thema:

nVidia folder being created at c:\ after every reboot

1. nVidia folder being created at c:\ after every reboot - Similar Threads - nVidia folder being

2. C Drive Creating Download Folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    C Drive Creating Download Folder?: So I changed my default storage from C drive to my own external hard drive for everything. When I download an image it automatically pops up in the hard drive, but when I download a video or anything that i cant "save as", say a video from Google drive for example, it...
  3. .tmp files are being created on my desktop after every downloaded picture

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .tmp files are being created on my desktop after every downloaded picture: My job consists of me uploading lots to an online auction. It requires me to download pictures of the products from the internet and then upload them to the auction later on in the process. However, starting today, my desktop has been creating .tmp files that won't go away...
  4. .tmp files are being created on my desktop after every downloaded picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .tmp files are being created on my desktop after every downloaded picture: My job consists of me uploading lots to an online auction. It requires me to download pictures of the products from the internet and then upload them to the auction later on in the process. However, starting today, my desktop has been creating .tmp files that won't go away...
  5. .tmp files are being created on my desktop after every downloaded picture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows creates a lot of folders in C:

Windows creates a lot of folders in C:: Folders are being created automatically in boot drive. They appear a lot from 00 to FF not all but a lot. What I see is that Windows created the folders. When i get rid of them they are created another time after a day or two. What cause that? How I can get ride of them?sorry...
  7. How to stop folders from being automatically created after restart

How to stop folders from being automatically created after restart: I am trying to keep my PC organized. I have two drives C: and S:. C hold the OS and all program drives while S is dedicated to file storage. There are a few folders in S: that keep being automatically created every time the computer restarts, no matter how many times I delete...
  8. Folders Being Created on Drives. $$$$$$$$

Folders Being Created on Drives. $$$$$$$$: I have recently checked my C and D drive and found that there have been few folders appearing on them starting with "$". I have tried to delete them but can't and due to these I have almost lost all my C drive space 2.65gb free of 110gb even though I have mainly got windows...
  9. Folders Being Created

Folders Being Created: Lately I have noticed that something in (I Think in Windows) is creating 2 folders on my computer. One is called (_CLOUD) and the other is called (ASTRA). I can delete them (and I do). Does anyone know what is causing these folders to be created and if so … How do you turn...
  10. NVIDIA GPU NOT BEING RECOGNIZED AFTER UPDATE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVIDIA GPU NOT BEING RECOGNIZED AFTER UPDATE: First of all, back in 11th month of 2017, after updating NVDIA drivers through Geforce Experience and receiving an update from Windows Update, I was stuck at the blue screen of death (the error was nvlddmkm.sys, after a quick googling I found out that it was dual my NVIDIA...