Windows 10: Nvidia framework and controller driver error code 31

Discus and support Nvidia framework and controller driver error code 31 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; hey, I recently bought Acer Swift X but got to know that it has a driver error with code 31 for Nvidia Framework and Controller. I did format the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RITESH PRADHAN, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Nvidia framework and controller driver error code 31

hey, I recently bought Acer Swift X but got to know that it has a driver error with code 31 for Nvidia Framework and Controller. I did format the system once and saw that the problem was resolved but, just the other day I saw the same driver error again. please help me with this.

:)

RITESH PRADHAN, Dec 3, 2021
  2. _asia_ Win User

nvidia display adapters error (code 31)

Good evening, I have a problem with my Nvidia display adapters Geforce 940mx.

I have an Acer aspire f5-573g with windows 10.

After reinstalling the OS due to a crash caused by un update I noticed that the pc doesn't seen the Nvidia display adapter, but only the integrated one (Intel HD graphics 620). With the last update an unknown device appears, but I needed to disabled the
    integrated display adapters to be able to install the drivers on the Nvidia one.

The problem now is that the device is recognised as Nvidia geforce 940mx but with the error code 31 "Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API."

What can I do? I will be very grateful for any help.

edit: trying to install the last driver version directly from Nvidia site the error remain "code 31" but the message become "Object name not found". Now I've reinstalled the driver from the acer site (VGA_nVidia_10.18.13.6203_W10x64).

_asia_, Dec 3, 2021
  3. nvidia display adapters error (code 31)

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The Code 31 error can be caused due to Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device.

I see that for Acer Aspire F5-573G, the NVIDIA Graphics Card which is installed on your laptop is
    GeForce® GTX 940MX, so follow the steps to install the correct graphics drivers for your laptop.

Step 1: Click on the Start Menu and search for
    Device Manager > Expand Display adapter and look for NVIDIA drivers that you installed (VGA_nVidia_10.18.13.6203_W10x64) >
    Right-click on the driver and click on Uninstall.

Step 2: Once you uninstall the NVIDIA drivers, go to
    NVIDIA
    and click on Graphics Drivers button beside to Automatically find drivers for my NVIDIA products and it will automatically detect the graphics card, which is installed on your laptop and downloads the driver onto
    your laptop. Else, you can search for GeForce GTX 940MX manually and download the driver by keying in the following information in the NVIDIA website.

Product Type: GeForce.

Product Series: GeForce 900M Series (Notebooks).

Product: GeForce 940MX.

Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit or Windows 10 32-bit (it depends on your laptop architecture).

Step 3: Once you download the driver from the NVIDIA website, install the driver onto your laptop and check for the issue.

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes.

Shafeeq_Khan, Dec 3, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Nvidia framework and controller driver error code 31

Error: The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28) for NVidia MX250 Graphics card

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The error code indicates, "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)". We need to reinstall the device driver manually. I suggest you to refer the steps for
    Code 28 mentioned in the article
    Error codes in Device Manager in Windows
    and see if that helps.

You can try to run NVidia Auto-Detect and see if that helps you in installing the NVidia drivers. You can run NVidia Auto-Detect from
    NVidia website. You can also check for the pending updates on the computer and install them. Please refer the section
    How do I manually update my PC? from the article
    Windows Update: FAQ

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try the steps mentioned below to install the drivers:

1. Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
    2. Right click on the NVidia driver and select
      Update Driver.
    3. Click on Browser my computer for driver software.
    4. Now, click on Let me pick from a list.
    5. Select the NVidia MX250 driver and click on
      Next.
    6. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
    7. Restart the computer once the driver is installed.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 3, 2021
Thema:

Nvidia framework and controller driver error code 31

1. Nvidia framework and controller driver error code 31 - Similar Threads - Nvidia framework controller

2. NVIDIA Platform Controllers and Framework error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVIDIA Platform Controllers and Framework error: Hey I could use some helpI have a new laptop that worked completely fine until while ago when it started freezing and crashing, it turned out to be a driver issue that seems to have been fixed now but for some reason there's still an error in device manager at NVIDIA Platform...
  3. NVIDIA Platform Controllers and Framework error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA Platform Controllers and Framework error: Hey I could use some helpI have a new laptop that worked completely fine until while ago when it started freezing and crashing, it turned out to be a driver issue that seems to have been fixed now but for some reason there's still an error in device manager at NVIDIA Platform...
  4. NVIDIA Platform Controllers and Framework error?

NVIDIA Platform Controllers and Framework error?: Under software devices, one of the drivers there has an exclamation point next to it indicating an issue. I'm not sure what it means or what it's related to, but I'll leave an image of the error below so that it could possibly be deciphered. Any help is appreciated.Here's the...
  5. NVIDIA Platform Controllers and Framework error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA Platform Controllers and Framework error?: Under software devices, one of the drivers there has an exclamation point next to it indicating an issue. I'm not sure what it means or what it's related to, but I'll leave an image of the error below so that it could possibly be deciphered. Any help is appreciated.Here's the...
  6. NVIDIA Platform Controllers and Framework error?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Nvidia Platform Controllers And Framework Code 31

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia Platform Controllers And Framework Code 31: I have no idea what to do with this problem, i reinstalled Windows 3 times and then downloaded Windows 11, it helped maybe for few hours. After few hours it disappeared again and i cant find any information how to download this driver. I tried full reinstalling Nvidia drivers...
  8. Nvidia Platform Controllers And Framework Code 31

Nvidia Platform Controllers And Framework Code 31: I have no idea what to do with this problem, i reinstalled Windows 3 times and then downloaded Windows 11, it helped maybe for few hours. After few hours it disappeared again and i cant find any information how to download this driver. I tried full reinstalling Nvidia drivers...
  9. Nvidia framework and controller driver error code 31

Nvidia framework and controller driver error code 31: hey, I recently bought Acer Swift X but got to know that it has a driver error with code 31 for Nvidia Framework and Controller. I did format the system once and saw that the problem was resolved but, just the other day I saw the same driver error again. please help me with...
  10. Nvidia framework and controller driver error code 31

Nvidia framework and controller driver error code 31: hey, I recently bought Acer Swift X but got to know that it has a driver error with code 31 for Nvidia Framework and Controller. I did format the system once and saw that the problem was resolved but, just the other day I saw the same driver error again. please help me with...