Windows 10: NVidia GeForce 780 Not Displaying at Native Resolution of 2560x1440

Discus and support NVidia GeForce 780 Not Displaying at Native Resolution of 2560x1440 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hey all. For a few months now I've had a minor, but consistently annoying, problem. After a GeForce driver update in the middle of the year or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by CharlotteOfOz, Dec 24, 2016.

1. NVidia GeForce 780 Not Displaying at Native Resolution of 2560x1440

Hey all. For a few months now I've had a minor, but consistently annoying, problem. After a GeForce driver update in the middle of the year or thereabouts, my monitor refuses to display at native resolution.

Whenever I use Driver Cleaner, upon relaunch it's back at native resolution. Upon applying the latest NVidia drivers (376.48 as of this writing) it reverts to 1920 x 1080 and won't even display the option for native resolution.

Attempting to create a custom resolution via the NVidia control panel make everything look fuzzy and smeared, as opposed to the crispness of native resolution, so that doesn't appear to want to work.

A little trial and error seems to indicate that the last update that worked properly was 365.10. I had contented myself with reverting to that, but now newer games don't seem to want to run without newer drivers, putting me in a minor bind.

My monitor is an MG279Q. Its native resolution is 2560 x 1440.

My graphics card is a GeForce 780.

My box is:
    Proc: i5-2500K
    Mobo: P8-P67M PRO
    Ram: 8 GB

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks!

:)

CharlotteOfOz, Dec 24, 2016

2. Print Screen scales image to a lower resolution since installing Creators Edition

I have a Dell monitor with native resolution of 2560x1440. When using a print screen capture program, Windows 10 scales the full screen to 1920x1080 and places the image in the upper left corner (the remainder of the screen is black). I tried 4 or 5 different
    screen capture programs, all with the same result.

Setup/System/Display reports the recommended resolution is 1920x1080 which is incorrect. The cleartype adjuster correctly indicates that when the display is set to 2560x1440 it is at its native resolution. If I set the resolution to a different resolution,
    like 1920x1200, the capture matches exactly that screen. I tried re-installing the driver (Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060).

This started when I upgraded to the Creators Edition, prior to that, everything worked correctly. I use screen capture a lot in writing and teaching so this is a big deal for me.

Larry Weber, Dec 24, 2016
  3. Markus_12 Win User
    Windows 10 missing high resolution

Hi community,

with Windows 8.1 pro, i had no Problem with 2560x1440 on Geforce M650 with HDMI 1.4 on Fujitsu P27T-7.

I just added the resultion in the nvidia control Panel. Everything was fine

after the update to Windows 10 i cannot change the resolution to 2560x1440. Only until 1920x1080. Everytime i tried to add the highest Resolution nvdidia told "That the Display to not Support the Resolution".

Thats is definitely not true. Because it worked with Win8.1Pro

How can told Win10 that my Display can handle 2560x1440?

Markus_12, Dec 24, 2016
  4. bobkn Win User

NVidia GeForce 780 Not Displaying at Native Resolution of 2560x1440

I'm far from sure that this will help, but do you have the "drivers" for the monitor installed? (The quotes are because they aren't really drivers, just a .inf file that identifies the monitor's characteristics to Windows.)

Access Denied

Try the 8.1 drivers. They ought to work fine with 10.

(The link works, even though it displays as "access denied".)

bobkn, Dec 24, 2016
  5. No luck, I'm afraid, even when setting up Windows to not freak out about third-party unsigned installations. Keeps showing back up as Generic PnP monitor in Device Manager, and in NVidia Control Panel it does recognize it as an MG279.

CharlotteOfOz, Dec 24, 2016
  6. Helmut Win User
    Use one from the older drivers, work your way back from the latest. They issue them at the rate of 1-2 per month.
    Going back 10 driver versions or more is OK, no worries.

You don't need the *.INF file anymore, modern monitors send info back to Windows.

You can try Windows updates and/or manufacturer, with my monitor Windows 10 just downloaded the *.INF and *.ICM colour profile. They were the same as from the Monitor manufacturer.

Helmut, Dec 27, 2016
  7. It works - last working version was 365.10. But Windows Update keeps wanting to update it on from that, and even if I figure out how to shut that off, newer games like Civ 6 crash to desktop on older drivers but not newer ones, making this a bit of a pickle.

CharlotteOfOz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

NVidia GeForce 780 Not Displaying at Native Resolution of 2560x1440

1. NVidia GeForce 780 Not Displaying at Native Resolution of 2560x1440 - Similar Threads - NVidia GeForce 780

2. Monitors Native Resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors Native Resolution: Hello. I was wondering if there was a way to change my monitors Native resolution within windows. I know how to change the resolution through the windows settings, but its doesn't change it the way I want it to. The NVIDIA program DSR will upscale your native resolution by...
  3. External monitor won't display native resolution (LAPTOP)

in Windows 10 Support
    External monitor won't display native resolution (LAPTOP): Hi, Firstly, this is my first post so apologies if this has been asked/addressed before (I have searched but to no avail)... The problem: I recently bought an external monitor (ACER KG271G Full HD 27" IPS LED Monitor). When connected to my laptop, the only display resolution...
  4. Lost ability for native 2560x1440 resolution after cumulative updates March 2021

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost ability for native 2560x1440 resolution after cumulative updates March 2021: After new update I've lost ability to use the native maximum resolution of my monitor connected via HDMI. It used to work good with custom resolution added to the Intel HD 4000 settings, and after the update it will not accept a resolution of 2560x1440 at any refresh...
  5. Nvidia's Custom display resolutions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nvidia's Custom display resolutions: [ATTACH] So i have this 39 inch tv i use as a monitor, recently i found out about nvidia's custom display resolutions and got my monitor to display 2560 x 1440, but today i was thinking i would like to set it up as a wide screen monitor but i couldn't get it to work, i'm...
  6. wrong native resolution

in Windows 10 Support
    wrong native resolution: After i formatted pc, i have wrong native resolution in win 10. before formatting everything is good. I have already updated drivers too. I have done everything i could already but nothing works. native resolution is stuck in 1024 x 768 when its supposed to be 1366 x 768 158679
  7. Can't Change The Display Resolution to 2560x1440 144hz

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Change The Display Resolution to 2560x1440 144hz: Hey, i just got the samsung c27hg70 monitor and I want to change my display to fit it. When I click on control panel, it doesn't have a "adjust screen resolution" option. I do have an Nvidia 1080ti with nvidia control panel and tried to change it there, but it wouldn't change...
  8. Frequent Bugcheck 116 (GeForce GTX 780 Ti)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent Bugcheck 116 (GeForce GTX 780 Ti): Having upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 I now get several bugchecks a day which seem to relate to my GPU (GeForce GTX 780 Ti). I had no problems with windows 7 and the problem started the same day I upgraded to Windows 10. Firstly the mouse pointer sticks, then the...
  9. nVidia GeForce 8800GT and GeForce 9500GT

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    nVidia GeForce 8800GT and GeForce 9500GT: I have an older machine I use for backup (Dell OptiPlex 745) fairly well appointed, with an on-the-motherboard graphics adapter (Intel, I think) running one monitor and a plug-in nVidia based adapter, running two monitors. I was running Linux on it until January 2015, when I...
  10. Native Display Resolution Issues

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Native Display Resolution Issues: I've installed Windows 10 10166 on an old laptop that I've converted into a desktop. I've stripped the entire screen/lcd/hinge construction so it's just the bottom of the laptop (sans keyboard) with a cover, running like a mini-desktop with a monitor and external...