Windows 10: Nvidia GeForce Driver 441.87 lets you limit frame rate

Discus and support Nvidia GeForce Driver 441.87 lets you limit frame rate in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Nvidia has rolled out new GeForce driver 441.87 for Windows that bring support for setting the max frame rate for games or 3D apps. According to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jan 7, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Nvidia GeForce Driver 441.87 lets you limit frame rate

Nvidia has rolled out new GeForce driver 441.87 for Windows that bring support for setting the max frame rate for games or 3D apps.

According to Nvidia, this is the number one user-requested feature and users can limit the frame rate of their computers to save power or reduce system latency.

Frame rate is the ‘frequency’ in which a series of frames can appear on a display panel and it applies to media contents as well. Frame rate (frequency) is measured by frames per second (fps). If the frame rate is low or it fluctuates frequently, movement within 3D apps or games will appear jagged.

Nvidia GeForce driver 441.87 adds support for limiting the frame rate of 3D games. This feature can help users save power and also reduce system latency. Users can customize the frame rate preferences and improve the overall performance of the games.

How to limit the frame rate (FPS) on Windows

1. Open Nvidia Control Panel via search or select Nvidia Control Panel from the desktop’s right-click context menu.
    2. Under 3D Settings, navigate to Manage 3D Settings.
    3. In the next screen, you will find two sections – Global settings and Program Settings.
    4. Under Global settings, you can limit FPS globally and changes are applied to all programs.
    5. Under Program settings, you can limit FPS for a particular game or app.
    6. After double-clicking on ‘Max frame rate’ entry, you can access a slider and set the desired FPS.
    7. Click ‘OK’ to apply changes.
    GeForce Driver 441.87

GeForce Driver 441.87 is a WHQL certified driver for 64-bit versions of Windows 10 and as well as Windows 7. The driver is not available for 32-bit system as Nvidia stopped creating 32-bit versions in 2019.

The update comes with two additional improvements. It introduces a new setting for Virtual Reality games and you can now toggle GPU scaling independently for desktop games.

You can download the driver from here.

The post Nvidia GeForce Driver 441.87 lets you limit frame rate appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jan 7, 2020

2. Windows 10 - Nvidia GeForce - Update needed but Program doesn't open (Nvidia GeForce Experience)

Hi Barbara,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.

I'd be glad to help you.

Please answer the query, mentioned below:

• What is the error code or error message?
    I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Nvidia GeForce graphic card
    driver from the manufacturer website and check, if it works. Refer to the following steps to uninstall the
    Nvidia GeForce graphic card driver from the Device Manager.

a. Click on Windows key + X key and then, select Device Manager.

b. Locate and expand “Display Adaptor” in the Device Manager Window.

c. Right-click on the “Display Adaptor” and click on “uninstall" the
    Nvidia GeForce graphic card driver.

d. Restart the computer and check, if it works.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Jan 7, 2020
  3. Frame Rate Drop or Nvidia cards.

Frame Rate Drop or Nvidia cards.

I have noticed that since Microsoft pushed the creators update my graphic card performance suffered drastically. I have Nvidia 950 which prior to sordid chunk of code was peaking out at about 120fps win frame rate drop whatsoever. After the update on rare
    occasions it hits 80 for about second and then drops to 30 or bellow. Quite a few users suffer from this issue but you seem to be in no hurry to push it through.

Microsoft confirms Windows 10 Creators Update stuttering-game bugs | bit-tech.net

Microsoft finally gets around to fixing Windows 10 Creators Update gaming performance issues - MSPoweruser

OlegBochkis, Jan 7, 2020
  4. nchaumont Win User

Preventing GPU-bound application frame rate to drop when window is out of focus

I'm trying to run 2 instances of the same GPU-bound application (OpenPose 1.5.1) on a relatively high-end system and I need each instance to run at the same speed. However, the performance varies greatly whether an instance is in focus or not. Here are the numbers (frame rate) I observed running 2 instances at a time:

• one on focus: ~21fps
    • one out of focus: ~4fps
    • both out of focus: ~11fps

Here is my configuration:

• CPU: Intel I9-7920X@2.9GHz
    • RAM: 64GB
    • GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080Ti
    • CUDA 10.1/CUDNN 7.6.3.30
    • Nvidia Driver 436.48 (release date 10/01/2019)
    • OpenPose 1.5.1
    • OpenCV 4.1.1
    • python 3.6.8
    • Video source: 2 USB cameras, 1920x1080 @ 30fps

Clicking on a window to bring it in focus used to not change its frame rate, but somehow it now does. The previous config I had (that worked) differed from the above setup as follows:

• GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti
    • CUDA 8/CUDNN 7.2.1
    • Nvidia Driver 430.xx
    • OpenPose 1.4
    • OpenCV 3.10

I think the solution might have something to do with the OS or the driver. Is there a way to have both instances run at the same speed regardless of whether they're in focus or not? Thank you in advance!

nchaumont, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Nvidia GeForce Driver 441.87 lets you limit frame rate - Similar Threads - Nvidia GeForce Driver

2. How to limit default frame rate of external monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to limit default frame rate of external monitor?: I have a notebook that I want to connect to an external monitor on second screen only option more info below. The problem is when I connect an 1.4 HDMI cable between them, the notebook tries to output a 4k 60Hz signal through its 1.4 HDMI port and as a result, both screens...
  3. How to limit default frame rate of external monitor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to limit default frame rate of external monitor?: I have a notebook that I want to connect to an external monitor on second screen only option more info below. The problem is when I connect an 1.4 HDMI cable between them, the notebook tries to output a 4k 60Hz signal through its 1.4 HDMI port and as a result, both screens...
  4. frame rate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    frame rate: I kindly ask you a question about frame rate of streaming movies with the os win11. As you know ex. on Prime video or Netflix or Disney+, some movies are played at 24hz, 23hz and some others at 50hz. Every time I have to select manually the correct frame rate in the setting....
  5. frame rate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    frame rate: I kindly ask you a question about frame rate of streaming movies with the os win11. As you know ex. on Prime video or Netflix or Disney+, some movies are played at 24hz, 23hz and some others at 50hz. Every time I have to select manually the correct frame rate in the setting....
  6. Nvidia geforce 525m custom drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia geforce 525m custom drivers: Hey everyone, I just recently updated my old laptops OS from Win 7 to Win 10. Here are my specs: Laptop: Dell XPS L502X OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit(10.0, Build 19042.867) Memory: 8Gb I successfully managed to install custom drivers for my Intel HD Graphics 3000 from this...
  7. Frame rate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Frame rate: How do i make my frame rate faster when playing games or doing work? mostly its games what can I do to make it better? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/frame-rate/1cb0d1e6-7340-4850-9ddf-a518d510098f
  8. NVIDIA limiting hash rate of GeForce RTX 3060 GPUs and launching CMP

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA limiting hash rate of GeForce RTX 3060 GPUs and launching CMP: We are gamers, through and through. We obsess about new gaming features, new architectures, new games and tech. We designed GeForce GPUs for gamers, and gamers are clamoring for more. Yet NVIDIA GPUs are programmable. And users are constantly discovering new applications for...
  9. Frame rate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frame rate: I have a strange problem. problems I have playing Battlefield 4 sometimes the computer will buzz and then blue screen and sometimes it will buzz and I just lose sound, also playing Star Wars Battlefront frame rates will drop to 12 I can double-click the Windows button on the...
  10. Alternative driver to Nvidia GeForce

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Alternative driver to Nvidia GeForce: I have a Sony Vaio using a Nvidia GeForce 310M graphics driver. I run Windows 7. It is not compatible with Windows 10 and I can't upgrade. Sony are going to take forever to update the Windows 8 drivers so I'm not holding my breath for an early update on Windows 7 (if at...