Windows 10: NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver made screen go black.

Discus and support NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver made screen go black. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am running windows 11 and was given a notification that there was an NVIDIA driver update. I proceeded with the update and upon the installation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by David Cincotta, Dec 1, 2022.

1. NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver made screen go black.

I am running windows 11 and was given a notification that there was an NVIDIA driver update. I proceeded with the update and upon the installation finishing my screen went black and would not return to normal. I had to force shut down my computer and the issue was resolved. What happened and how can I ensure it never happens again.

:)

David Cincotta, Dec 1, 2022
  2. hazzz Win User

nvidia geforce 341.02 driver causes black screen

I am also having the same problem, ie. black screen. I am using an alienware M11x laptop and Geforce nvidia 342.01 driver. (Until now I couldnt find a solution)For the past 1 month, I have been looking for a solution in the internet and havent found one, although there are varieties of solutions have been offered and I have tried all those solutions, but none works on my laptop. Most of them suggest to reboot to safe mode, and after that use DDU to uninstall and clean all Nvidia driver related files in the system, and perform a custom install of the driver (Perform Clean Install). I have done that and once it is finished installing the driver, it reboots and there it goes again, BLACK SCREEN. Now I am using the standard Intel HD driver, very standard one.Appreciate any info to solve this. Thanks.

hazzz, Dec 1, 2022
  3. Helmut Win User
    Nvidia Geforce Game Ready Driver Update?

"Then i noticed the gpu 1 nvidia geforce gtx 960m was also being used as well and getting up high in percentage. So both graphic cards were being used at once. That is normal right? "

Depends on the application, some are clever enough to use utilise both graphics chipsets, but most you set the default graphics in the Nvidia Control Panel.

"Someone else suggested you could just make the nvidia geforce as the graphics card for everything... so that way you use a lot of power and laptop would be fast?"

No, this has nothing to do with the speed of your Laptop, it is only applications using 3D graphics mostly games. YouTube is 2D graphics.

"Seen this message on bottom right corner many times and when you bring the mouse to it, it shows nvidia geforce game ready driver update is available."

That is probably because you have Nvidia Geforce Experience installed. You can uninstall this and save some resource usage. It is not needed and is just bloatware for most people, apart from some gamers that might use some it's facilities.

Windows updates takes care of drivers. You don't need the latest driver it does not speed up your Laptop, just fixes some obscure bug in a game you don't have installed.

"Now i did install kaspersky total "

Just uninstall that, personally I will not buy/use any product from that country. There are many alternatives.

Helmut, Dec 1, 2022
  4. FA78 Win User

NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver made screen go black.

NVIDIA Drivers freeze (black screen) WIndows 10 Pro

Hello
    RAJU.MSC,

I've already done this procedure in previous versions of windows 10 (1608 and 1709)
    using DDU utility in the following way:

- Restart the machine in "safe mode", execute DDU checking option to disable automatic drivers download and install from windows update and selecting "clean and restart", this procedure remove completely any driver, config, voice on register etc...,

Once the windows machine has restarted, it starts in low resolution using microsoft based video drivers, so I proceed to download the official drivers from the NVIDIA website.

So I install a version of drivers and try if the system works or not, otherwise I repeat the procedure with another version of drivers.

This method worked well with builds 1608 and 1709 (in 1709 the working drivers were 388.71).

In the new version 1803 unfortunately it seems that no driver can work well on my machine, I tried several times the procedure with different drivers, here the list:

Name Version Release Date

GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL 398.36 26.6.2018 (NOT SUPPORTED)

GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL 398.11 5.6.2018 (NOT SUPPORTED)

GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL 397.93 24.5.2018 (NOT SUPPORTED)

GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL 397.64 9.5.2018 (NOT SUPPORTED)

GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL 391.35 27.3.2018 (FAIL)

GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL 391.24 20.3.2018 (FAIL)

GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL 391.01 26.2.2018 (FAIL)

GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL 390.77 29.1.2018 (FAIL)

GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL 390.65 8.1.2018 (FAIL)

GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL 388.71 20.12.2017 (FAIL)

GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL 388.59 7.12.2017
    (FAIL)

- FAIL: means that the installed version produces the error of the black screen and freezing of the machine (to be noted as also the version 388.71 fully functional in build 1709, causes the block in version 1803)

- NOT SUPPORTED: means that the version fails to install indicating that it is not compatible with my machine.

The latest version of drivers that can be installed for my machine is 391.35, which unfortunately also cause the block.

I hope that some Microsoft developers can see this post and get through these tests and machine hardware information, to get a solution for future windows 10 updates for this problem.

Regards.

FA78, Dec 1, 2022
Thema:

NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver made screen go black.

1. NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver made screen go black. - Similar Threads - NVIDIA GeForce Game

2. Nvidia game ready driver won't install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia game ready driver won't install: Yet another PC problem. The latest Nvidia Game Ready driver won't install. I keep getting the message "installation can't continue; an error occurred". Tried everything I saw online and am wondering if my RTX 2060 is just too outdated. Can someone please help me? Can I even...
  3. Nvidia game ready driver won't install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia game ready driver won't install: Yet another PC problem. The latest Nvidia Game Ready driver won't install. I keep getting the message "installation can't continue; an error occurred". Tried everything I saw online and am wondering if my RTX 2060 is just too outdated. Can someone please help me? Can I even...
  4. Nvidia game ready driver won't install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver made screen go black.

NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver made screen go black.: I am running windows 11 and was given a notification that there was an NVIDIA driver update. I proceeded with the update and upon the installation finishing my screen went black and would not return to normal. I had to force shut down my computer and the issue was resolved....
  6. Runtime error with geforce experince and game ready driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Runtime error with geforce experince and game ready driver: Helloi have a brand new Lenovo legion 5, but i have a problem installing graphics driver, i have rtx 3060 , i dowloaded the lastest version from nvidia website , version 517.48 . AT first i removed my previous version using DDU in safe mode , restarted my laptop, tried to...
  7. Runtime error with geforce experince and game ready driver

Runtime error with geforce experince and game ready driver: Helloi have a brand new Lenovo legion 5, but i have a problem installing graphics driver, i have rtx 3060 , i dowloaded the lastest version from nvidia website , version 517.48 . AT first i removed my previous version using DDU in safe mode , restarted my laptop, tried to...
  8. Runtime error with geforce experince and game ready driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. GeForce Game Ready Drivers will no longer support NVIDIA 3D Vision

in Windows 10 News
    GeForce Game Ready Drivers will no longer support NVIDIA 3D Vision: Following the posting of the final driver from Release 418 in April 2019, GeForce Game Ready Drivers will no longer support NVIDIA 3D Vision. The NVIDIA support team will continue to address critical driver issues for 3D Vision in Release 418 through April, 2020. Those...
  10. Driver for NVidia GeForce Go 7150M Card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Driver for NVidia GeForce Go 7150M Card: I went to the NVidia site, but all the drivers that show are for Linux. I tried searching for Windows, but none turned up. This is for an HP dv9700 laptop PC that's over five years old. Anyone got an URL for the proper site? 4506