Windows 10: Nvidia Geforce GTX 880M not recognized by the device manager or the Nvidia driver setup

Discus and support Nvidia Geforce GTX 880M not recognized by the device manager or the Nvidia driver setup in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone! Recently I started getting frequent BSODs with the error message Video TDR Failureso I looked it up and followed a tutorial that claimed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Yp.6, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Yp.6 Win User

Nvidia Geforce GTX 880M not recognized by the device manager or the Nvidia driver setup

Hi everyone!
    Recently I started getting frequent BSODs with the error message Video TDR Failureso I looked it up and followed a tutorial that claimed to fix the issue.
    https://www.iobit.com/en/knowledge-fix-nvidia-nvlddmkm.sys-blue-screen-error-13.php

After uninstalling my GPU along with the drivers, as mentioned in the tutorial, it disappeared from the device manager. Instead, there is now a hidden device in its place only showing up if you show hidden devices called "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter".
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 880M not recognized by the device manager or the Nvidia driver setup bd8b21fb-0f5e-4df1-8686-a153f1cc216f?upload=true.png
    This is what it looks like in the device manager.

The trouble is that even if I try to do a manual driver setup, the setup does not go beyond the step where it searches for compatible hardware. Instead, I get the following error message:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 880M not recognized by the device manager or the Nvidia driver setup 37881c89-1cac-4af5-b5e3-3ea473c44394?upload=true.png
    Sorry, for German... It says that it can't find any compatible hardware

So basically, my GPU is no longer being recognized by my system or the nvidia setup even though it's still plugged in I'm on aMedion Erazer Laptop and did not open it up or touch any hardware componentswhatsoever.

I thankfully still have my internal Intel GPU so that I can do very basic stuff like posting this but I'd really like to have my GTX back.

So far I have unsuccessfully tried:

• Installing the driver onto the "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" from the Device manager.
      • The result was that it told me that the Geforce GTX 880M got installed but the device still showed up just the same and even after a restart basically nothing changed.I tried doing this both the automatic and the manual way.
    • Going into the BIOS and restoring it to default settings.
      • This did not do anything.
    • Going into the BIOS to look for anything GPU related.
      • I have a limited laptop-BIOS American Megatrends from 2012 and there is no mention of any GPU at all.
    • Unlocking the hidden BIOS settings.
      • I've searched through the internet for a while, trying out any key combinations that were suggested online to get into the hidden settings but so far none of them worked.

The hidden microsoft basic display adapter device does still show me the hardware ID of the Geforce GPU which isPCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1198&SUBSYS_11051462&REV_A1 - maybe there's something I could do with that?

I'd really like to avoid having to do a system reset since this would require a lot of work setting everything up again, finding and installing all programs again, all the windows settings etc...

Is there anything else I could do to get my system or the driver setup to recognize my GPU again? If you have any idea, please tell me!

Thank you for reading.

:)

Yp.6, Feb 4, 2020

2. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 Display Adapter is suddenly hidden in device manager

This graphics card is still installed, and is working (somewhat), because one of my two monitors attached is still working. The card has been installed on my Dell 8700 with Windows 10 since last November. Everything seemed fine until yesterday afternoon,
    when I decided to upgrade my NVIDIA drivers from version 361.43 to 361.91. after that was completed, with no obvious errors, upon rebooting Windows, I had only one monitor working, and the NVIDIA GeForce Experience app no longer recognized that the card is
    installed. That was when I looked at device manager, and found that there was no display adapter listed, until I did a View/show hidden devices.

Oddly, I then saw both a nonexistant NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645 and my NVIDIA GeForce GTX950 were listed. I uninstalled the 645, and restarted Windows hoping that might resolve the issue, but it did not - the GTX 950 is still 'hidden'.

The other thing that happened yesterday, earlier in the morning, was a Windows update KB3140743. Because that was a suspicious coincidence, I uninstalled that as well, and rebooted again, but still no resolution.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I suppose the card may have failed suddenly, but this seems more like a Windows 10 problem.

Thanks, Myles

MylesMcNally, Feb 4, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - Nvidia GeForce - Update needed but Program doesn't open (Nvidia GeForce Experience)

Hi Barbara,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.

I'd be glad to help you.

Please answer the query, mentioned below:

• What is the error code or error message?
    I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Nvidia GeForce graphic card
    driver from the manufacturer website and check, if it works. Refer to the following steps to uninstall the
    Nvidia GeForce graphic card driver from the Device Manager.

a. Click on Windows key + X key and then, select Device Manager.

b. Locate and expand “Display Adaptor” in the Device Manager Window.

c. Right-click on the “Display Adaptor” and click on “uninstall" the
    Nvidia GeForce graphic card driver.

d. Restart the computer and check, if it works.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Feb 4, 2020
  4. Nvidia Geforce GTX 880M not recognized by the device manager or the Nvidia driver setup

NVIDIA HAS DECIDED TO STOP PRODUCING OF NEW GEFORCE DRIVER FOR KEPLER SERIES GEFORCE NOTEBOOKS GPU'S

On 11-03-2019 , Nvdia is updated bad news, for those who are using kepler series Geforce notebooks graphics cards ,

kepler users will get new geforce drivers till march or april 2019 .

Form effective 2019 Critical security updates will be available on systems utilizing mobile Kepler-series GPUs through April 2020.

Here is the complete list of kepler series Notebooks GPU'S

NVIDIA GeForce 710A

NVIDIA GeForce 810M

NVIDIA GeForce 820M

NVIDIA GeForce 825M

NVIDIA GeForce 910M

NVIDIA GeForce 920M

NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M

NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M

NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M LE

NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M LE

NVIDIA GeForce GT 645M

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M

NVIDIA GeForce GT 720M

NVIDIA GeForce GT 730M

NVIDIA GeForce GT 730M

NVIDIA GeForce GT 730M

NVIDIA GeForce GT 735M

NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M

NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M

NVIDIA GeForce GT 745M

NVIDIA GeForce GT 745M

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M

NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M

NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670MX

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760M

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770M

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 870M

for more informations , users can visit below nvidia official websites:

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/ans...-for-kepler-series-geforce-gpus-for-notebooks

List of Kepler series GeForce Notebook GPUs | NVIDIA

Sources are taken from Find Answers | NVIDIA

Thanks for reading my post , If any user found this post is useful means , then give UPVOTES to me

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

Nvidia Geforce GTX 880M not recognized by the device manager or the Nvidia driver setup

1. Nvidia Geforce GTX 880M not recognized by the device manager or the Nvidia driver setup - Similar Threads - Nvidia Geforce GTX

2. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Code 43

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Code 43: I was working and all of a sudden the resolution on my computer went down. Looking at the device manager I found my graphics card with the code 43. I've updated the driversthe one below is the latest one but, nothing gets fixed is there anything that could fix this?...
  3. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Code 43

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Code 43: I was working and all of a sudden the resolution on my computer went down. Looking at the device manager I found my graphics card with the code 43. I've updated the driversthe one below is the latest one but, nothing gets fixed is there anything that could fix this?...
  4. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Code 43

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. NVidia GeForce GTX 960M is disabled by Windows

NVidia GeForce GTX 960M is disabled by Windows: I am having trouble since last 15 days. Tried to revert driver but unfortunately I could not make it. Anyway, Windows 10 May update didnt work too. To sum up, my computer does not recognize my graphic card, when I check by device manager I'm getting this error "Code:43"...
  6. Best way to update NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 drivers?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Best way to update NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 drivers?: I have a Surface Book 2 and it uses the GTX 1060 and Intel UHD Graphics 620. When I look at the drivers on the NVIDIA website and my own drivers for the 1060, it seems I'm out of date. I'm wondering if I need the NVIDIA app or if I can update these drivers through Device...
  7. Best way to update NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 drivers?

Best way to update NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 drivers?: I have a Surface Book 2 and it uses the GTX 1060 and Intel UHD Graphics 620. When I look at the drivers on the NVIDIA website and my own drivers for the 1060, it seems I'm out of date. I'm wondering if I need the NVIDIA app or if I can update these drivers through Device...
  8. Alternative driver to Nvidia GeForce

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Alternative driver to Nvidia GeForce: I have a Sony Vaio using a Nvidia GeForce 310M graphics driver. I run Windows 7. It is not compatible with Windows 10 and I can't upgrade. Sony are going to take forever to update the Windows 8 drivers so I'm not holding my breath for an early update on Windows 7 (if at...
  9. NVIDIA GeForce GTX Gaming Celebration Livestream

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX Gaming Celebration Livestream: Watch NVIDIA’s Ultimate GeForce GTX Gaming Event and GTX 1080 Ti Announcement / Livestream Here at 6:30 PM from GDC 2017. [MEDIA] Also view on Facebook: NVIDIA Unveils GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, World’s Fastest Gaming GPU “Are you ready?” NVIDIA CEO Jen-Hsun...
  10. NVIDIA Introduces GeForce GTX 1080

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA Introduces GeForce GTX 1080: [MEDIA] [IMG] Powered by Pascal Architecture, Delivers up to 2x Performance and 3X Efficiency of GeForce GTX TITAN X NVIDIA today announced the NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 -- the first gaming GPU based on the company's new Pascal™ architecture -- providing up to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot

2. PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1198&SUBSYS_11051462&REV_A1\4&237a503&0&0008