Windows 10: NVIDIA GeForce won't open. Getting "Something went wrong...ERROR CODE: 0x0001"

Discus and support NVIDIA GeForce won't open. Getting "Something went wrong...ERROR CODE: 0x0001" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; First timer, here, so my apologies if I inadvertently break any rules, or for any slight breach of etiquette. Anyway, I got this message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by xtlhogciao, Mar 13, 2019.

1. NVIDIA GeForce won't open. Getting "Something went wrong...ERROR CODE: 0x0001"

First timer, here, so my apologies if I inadvertently break any rules, or for any slight breach of etiquette.

Anyway, I got this message (specifically, "Something went wrong. Try rebooting your PC and then launch GeForce Experience. ERROR CODE: 0x0001") after powering on my PC yesterday, for the first time in a couple weeks. And the reason I bring up the time-frame is because I didn't want to say something like, "this stopped working after my last Windows Update," because I figured it'd be unfair and/or misleading, considering there were obviously going to be plenty of updates when I turned it on, no matter what, and, even if it was caused by one, I have no idea whether it's from 2 days or 2 weeks ago.

But other than that, I'm not really sure what else I can add, that might be considered somewhat "useful," aside from...

1. Yes, I tried "rebooting [my] PC and then [launching] GeForce Experience"...and
    2. My computer is now "completely" up to date (based on checking for updates in both Windows Update Settings and HP Support Assistant) And it still isn't working (I'd been checking whenever the computer restarted to install an update, hoping it would fix it).

So, thanks a lot for any help!

(Oh, and one last etiquette-related thing...Would it be okay if I listed the specific updates from my computer, as well as its specs? I thought it might be helpful information, but I wanted to make sure it was okay, first...and figured I could just add it later. Thanks again!)

:)

xtlhogciao, Mar 13, 2019

2. Windows 10 - Nvidia GeForce - Update needed but Program doesn't open (Nvidia GeForce Experience)

Hi Barbara,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.

I'd be glad to help you.

Please answer the query, mentioned below:

• What is the error code or error message?
    I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Nvidia GeForce graphic card
    driver from the manufacturer website and check, if it works. Refer to the following steps to uninstall the
    Nvidia GeForce graphic card driver from the Device Manager.

a. Click on Windows key + X key and then, select Device Manager.

b. Locate and expand “Display Adaptor” in the Device Manager Window.

c. Right-click on the “Display Adaptor” and click on “uninstall" the
    Nvidia GeForce graphic card driver.

d. Restart the computer and check, if it works.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Mar 13, 2019
  3. NGeo Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance

4. NVIDIA GeForce won't open. Getting "Something went wrong...ERROR CODE: 0x0001"

Nvidia geforce 940mx with the error code 31

My system crashed after the update and I had to reinstall Windows 10. However my PC stopped indicating
    the Nvidia display adapter but only the integrated one, that is
    Intel HD graphics 620.

Then I found an unknown device after the last update and decided to install
    the drivers on the Nvidia. But I had to disable the integrated display adapters.

My current problem is that the device is recognized as Nvidia GeForce 940mx with the error code 31 "Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API." What is it? I use Acer aspire f5-573g
    running Windows 10.

MariettaPopham, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

NVIDIA GeForce won't open. Getting "Something went wrong...ERROR CODE: 0x0001"

1. NVIDIA GeForce won't open. Getting "Something went wrong...ERROR CODE: 0x0001" - Similar Threads - NVIDIA GeForce won't

2. Something went wrong

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Something went wrong: Something went wrong error 0x800706D9 in my Store. Please someone check it. I have Windows 10 21h1. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-went-wrong/ad459315-11e0-47e1-9a99-10d6800a11cf
  3. Something went wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something went wrong: I've had my PIN set up for quite some time and all the sudden I received a message that said my organization requires me to update my pin. This is a personal computer, it does not belong to any organization. Under the sign in options, Windows Hello Pin, I see a message that...
  4. something went wrong

something went wrong: Trying to update all apps in MS Store, however, I keep getting error something went wrong. I check for Windows update to see if it will fix the issue but my Windows says up to date....
  5. Something went wrong.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something went wrong.: Hey guys i need help. What can i do if my pc keeps on saying something went wrong when trying to set up or change my pc pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-went-wrong/6ddb134d-ff79-4f73-8bf8-9b0fac361fc0
  6. "Something went wrong"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Something went wrong": Hello,I'm trying to enter insider programme I've registered already for insider program.But when I go and click get started it shows this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-went-wrong/569df1e6-3ce2-4630-9e33-00ff156b8e2d
  7. Something went wrong?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Something went wrong?: hey i can't use windows insider program. before appeared to me "To manage the Windows Insider Program...you'll need to turn on optional diagnostic data" but i searched on google and found this solution...
  8. Error: Something went wrong

Error: Something went wrong: I can't upload photos from my iphone 10 into the photos app on windows 10. Half of the time it can't find anything on the phone, and then when it does it starts uploading and immediately I get an error message saying "something went wrong"...
  9. NVIDIA GeForce Experience, Something went wrong error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA GeForce Experience, Something went wrong error on Windows 10: [ATTACH] Computers that come with a graphics card from NVIDIA have to install the appropriate drivers for it. And when you get the latest drivers for your NVIDIA GeForce Graphics card, you get NVIDIA GeForce Experience with it. Many times, due [...] This post NVIDIA GeForce...
  10. Something Went Wrong Error on Log in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Something Went Wrong Error on Log in: I am getting this error message: Something Went wrong Error, try again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/something-went-wrong-error-on-log-in/420281dc-e314-4b6b-9510-0223b741776c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nvidia error code 0x0001

2. error code 0x0001 nvidia

3. geforce error 0x0001

4. something went wrong 0x0001 nvidia,
  5. ge force 0x0001,
  6. geforce experience error code 0x0001,
  7. nvidia geforce experience error code 0x0001,
  8. nvidia error 0x0001,
  9. nvidia geforce error code 0x0001,
  10. geforce error 0x0001 fix,
  11. nvidia code erreur 0x0001,