Windows 10: Nvidia GFX Card No Longer Recognised

Discus and support Nvidia GFX Card No Longer Recognised in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys, turned my PC on this morning to find that the resolution has changed and I could no longer change it back. Quick investigation shows that my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PlikkyDee, Nov 11, 2020.

1. PlikkyDee Win User

Nvidia GFX Card No Longer Recognised

Hi guys, turned my PC on this morning to find that the resolution has changed and I could no longer change it back.

Quick investigation shows that my computer no longer recognises completely that I have a graphics card installed. It's an old 660ti but it's been doing the work.

Dxdiag recognises that the Chip Type is NVIDIA and that the Total Memory is the same, but the name is Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

When going into Device Manager and looking under Display Adapters, it no longer appears on the list, only giving me the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter and IntelR HD Graphics 4000.

I looked up all the drivers for the NVIDIA card in Apps and deleted them and tried a fresh install, but the NVIDIA driver says that it's not compatible with this version of windows AND that it cannot find the appropriate hardware.

I'm not really sure what to do moving forward as the internet seems to want me to fiddle around in the BIOS, which is always a scary proposition. Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated. I'm not particularly tech savvy so I've just been following instructions I've read online.

Thank you for your time.

:)

PlikkyDee, Nov 11, 2020

2. GFX Card keeps crashing even after replacing it

every 2-15 mins, My monitor flashes, saying that my graphics card has stopped responding, then it comes back on again.

I went to device manager and i have noticed that it switches from the gfx card to the motherboards integrated graphics, and repeats.

my card refuses to update, everything fails on install. Tried updating via Nvidia driver download, Nvidia Experience and Windows Update.

This is not a faulty card, as I thought this was the case and upgraded from a GTX460 to a GTX950, same issue.

I'm not sure if this is a motherboard or power supply issue, i wanted to try anything else before i spent more money on upgrades.

Reinstalling windows 10 hasn't helped, and performing a clean install of my Nvidia Driver only causes more problems, as it removes the files and i'm unable to update them back unless i reinstall the OS.

Hope to hear back from someone soon!

Original title:GFX Card keeps crashing, refuses to update *NOTHING TO DO WITH GFX CARD, BOUGHT A NEW ONE*

Super Iain, Nov 11, 2020
  3. TimKaris Win User
    Windows 10 freezes on start when dedicated gfx card is enabled

Hi

System specs are

Gigabyte u2442 Laptop

Windows 10 64 bit

Processor: Intel core i5-3230M 2.50 GHz

RAM: 8G DDR3

dedicated gfx: Nvidia GeForce GT 730M /2G

integerated gfx: Intel HD Graphics 4000

After upgrading from Win 8.1 64-bit to Win 10 64-bit, Windows would crash whenever I started up. After starting in Safe Mode, I disabled the dedicated graphics card on a whim, and that worked.

So, right now, I can start up normally with the GeForce GT 730M disabled, but whenever I enable it, Windows will freeze, and not start up unless in safe mode.

I have upgraded the 730M to 353.62 (Driver version 10.18.13.5362) from the Nvidia website, which is the latest windows driver for win10 (non game ready version).

Any help would be great, as it is really poor that I cannot use my dedicated gfx card.

TimKaris, Nov 11, 2020
  4. Nvidia GFX Card No Longer Recognised

PCIe GFX card issues

Hi all,

I have a desktop pc that I scrtch built with a Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S24 mobo. It has an AMD processor with ATI (AMD) integrated graphics. I just bought an nVidia 240 GT gfx card in the hopes of boosing the gfx, but when I plugged it in, the computer just opened a can of whoopass on me.

First I only plugged the monitor into the 240, and the computer booted with no beep codes, just a blank, black screen. I let it run, but nothing happened so I had to do a hard shutdown.

Next step, I plugged the monitor into both, the integrted ATI gfx and the nVidia 240, the monitor chose the ATI input and booted fine, Win XP recognized new hardware, installed drivers and restarted. During boot, the computer froze up. I tried on/off power cycling but it stayed frozen on boot. I opened up the case and tried turning it on again after letting the comp cool a bit, and found that the CPU fan was not spinning.

I removed the GFX card, still no spinning. Tried the fan with another computer, and it worked, placed the fan back into my pc and it ran smooth. Inserted the GFX card, cpu fan stopped spinning, unplugged the cpu fan and plugged it back in, and it started spinning again. Booted with two inputs into monitor, it chose mobo gfx, and XP finished installing a couple more drivers.

Now the only true issue left is why the computer refuses to give video input to the nVidia 240 GT but still recognises its presence. It seems like a waste to have gone through so much trouble only to return the gfx card *Bang Head :banghead:

I would normally attribute this to incompatibiity, but there are no beep codes, and XP recognises the presence of the gfx card.

Misha

Haha, FAIL! I forgot to tell bios to bypass the mobo GFX and go straight to PCI. Cheers!

MishaParem, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

Nvidia GFX Card No Longer Recognised

1. Nvidia GFX Card No Longer Recognised - Similar Threads - Nvidia GFX Card

2. GFX card install.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    GFX card install.: Last week I got my hands on a EVGA 3070. My question is this and I don't want to mess anything up. That card has (2) 8 pin connections. My EVG cable coming off the 850 watt PSU has (1) 8pin connections along with an 6pin with a detached 2pin. Like I said , I don't want to...
  3. GFX card install.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    GFX card install.: Last week I got my hands on a EVGA 3070. My question is this and I don't want to mess anything up. That card has (2) 8 pin connections. My EVG cable coming off the 850 watt PSU has (1) 8pin connections along with an 6pin with a detached 2pin. Like I said , I don't want to...
  4. gfx card driver version problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    gfx card driver version problems: i have an nvidia gtx650 gfx card and i'm using driver version 391.xx, which runs like it should. but when ever i use a driver update software or the windows built in update software, even the geforce experience app they all tell that there's an update for my card. i've...
  5. Bluetooth No Longer Recognised

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth No Longer Recognised: I don't use Bluetooth often, the last time I used it on my PC was in August. Unfortunately I have since updated to version 20H2 since then and the option to turn on Bluetooth no longer appears. I have tried pretty much every trouble shooting step, from updating drivers to...
  6. SD card not recognised

SD card not recognised: There was a similar thread a couple of years ago but this is now locked and I'm still looking for a solution. I'm using an SD card in a Lenovo MIIX 320 to extend storage. 9 times out of 10 the card is unrecognised. Disabling the Storage Controller and then re-enabling it...
  7. sd card not recognised

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sd card not recognised: have a new asus laptop with windows 10 its not recognising that i insert any sd card. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-not-recognised/552b5094-5f9a-4e6a-8489-85088a376087
  8. SD Card not recognised.

SD Card not recognised.: Dell, Ultrabook, Latitude E7470, Window s 10 My SD card reader does not recognise any of my SD cards. They all work when plugged into my card reader, when using USB slots. Any experience of similar issue on Dell laptop?...
  9. TomTom is no longer recognised

TomTom is no longer recognised: Hi, My TomTom is no longer recognized to enable me to update the maps - it is charging via the laptop though. Tried a reset and it is still not recognized. * Original title: my tomtom is no longer recognised...
  10. Nvidia Graphics card not being recognised?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia Graphics card not being recognised?: Please help! I recently performed a clean re-install of Windows 10 (64/Home) on my PC. I have an Nvidia 1060 6GB graphics card, which seems to be causing some issues. I have installed the drivers via GeForce experience, rebooted, removed the display adapter from device...