Windows 10: NVIDIA GPU + AMD CPU on W10

Discus and support NVIDIA GPU + AMD CPU on W10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello.Is there anything what you need to know if you using windows 10 with nvi gpu and amd cpu ? I got Gainward GTX 1060 6Gb GPU and AMD Ryzen 7 2700x... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DEXUBEASTOLOGY, Sep 24, 2018.

1. NVIDIA GPU + AMD CPU on W10

Hello.Is there anything what you need to know if you using windows 10 with nvi gpu and amd cpu ?

I got Gainward GTX 1060 6Gb GPU and AMD Ryzen 7 2700x CPU on mobo TUF X470-Plus Gaming.

I got some issues with .. starting maybe blue death when starting pc to problems with drivers to smooth in game.I'm not installing anymore drivers from Asus ofc web for this mobo,cuz windows defaults from windows update seems to be better.

Dunno what I am doing wrong.I'm unhappy with it.
    Can you try to help me with some way? I would be grateful.
    Have a nice day,peaceNVIDIA GPU + AMD CPU on W10 :)

:)

DEXUBEASTOLOGY, Sep 24, 2018
  2. kenalbus Win User

Windows 10 CPU usage 100% when Nvidia GPU enabled

I've had the same problem, and have exactly the same GPU model. I was able to set the drivers back to factory default, but any update I've tried (including the most recent) causes the massive cpu usage. I've contacted tech support for both Nvidia and Asus,
    and followed all the steps they suggested, with no luck.

kenalbus, Sep 24, 2018
  3. kyajibhai Win User
    Please Help.. How to combine AMD & NVIDIA GPUs in windows 10.. ??

Dear Santosh,

I have been asked to pose my query here as my question involves the steps to be taken to enable "Explicit Multi-Adapter" config in Windows 10..

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/F...ows-10-?forum=windowsgeneraldevelopmentissues

If anybody can help me to configure a simultaneous combination of both AMD & NVIDIA GPUs, I would be very grateful..

Thanks in Advance..

kyajibhai, Sep 24, 2018
  4. essenbe Win User

NVIDIA GPU + AMD CPU on W10

Intel Is Developing A Desktop Gaming GPU To Fight Nvidia, AMD

Sounds much like a normal progression for Intel. They have to have a Licensing agreement to provide graphics in their CPUs. They had one with Nvidia until it expired last year. Due to the fact that Nvidia won a lawsuit against Intel for 1.5 Billion a while back, they are not renewing that license. Next they hired AMDs lead Radeon GPU designer. They announced CPus with Radeon graphics for small form factors several months ago New 8th Gen Intel Core Processors with Radeon RX Vega M Graphics - Windows 10 Forums

They also announced a new technology with AMD graphics for laptops supposedly aimed at gamers and content creators.
    Intel and AMD team up for New 8th Gen EMIB CPU for laptop - Windows 10 Forums

This may just be the next step in the progression. I suspect Intel really wants to compete with nvidia in the AI arena, which Nvidia has done quite well in. AMD needs money, which Intel has plenty of. Intel is looking for new markets to expand to.

With all the cut throat competition between AMD and Intel, this cooperation may look rather strange. But, when big money is involved differences can be overlooked.

essenbe, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

NVIDIA GPU + AMD CPU on W10

1. NVIDIA GPU + AMD CPU on W10 - Similar Threads - NVIDIA GPU AMD

2. Purge PC of AMD Drivers for New NVidia GPU?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Purge PC of AMD Drivers for New NVidia GPU?: I'm about to replace my AMD R9 280X GPU with a new NVidia RTX 2060 Super GPU. I'll uninstall the AMD drivers first. Is it advisable to use any other utilities such as AMD's Cleanup Utility? https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601 147147
  3. Nvidia to AMD GPU, crashing frequently now

Nvidia to AMD GPU, crashing frequently now: So I just got a new GPU and for the most part it's been fine. With BL3 I crashed a couple times but tonight I was trying to play Battlefront 2 and it's just unceremoniously rebooting my PC and pushing my blood pressure a little higher each time. I thought it might be because...
  4. Nvidia to AMD GPU, crashing frequently now

in Windows 10 Support
    Nvidia to AMD GPU, crashing frequently now: So I just got a new GPU and for the most part it's been fine. With BL3 I crashed a couple times but tonight I was trying to play Battlefront 2 and it's just unceremoniously rebooting my PC and pushing my blood pressure a little higher each time. I thought it might be because...
  5. AMD GPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD GPU: So when I recently got a RX570, I couldn't set it as my default GPU. Instead, my Ryzen 3 3200g onboard graphics was my default GPU. Can anyone tell me how I can make my RX570 the default GPU? Thanks in advance Please reply ASAP...
  6. AMD Unleashes New AMD Radeon RX 5700 GPU and AMD Ryzen 3000 CPU

in Windows 10 News
    AMD Unleashes New AMD Radeon RX 5700 GPU and AMD Ryzen 3000 CPU: Today, AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) announced the global availability of its new leadership PC gaming platform based on AMD Radeon™ RX 5700 series graphics cards and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processors, as well as AMD Ryzen™ 3000 Series Processors with Radeon™ Graphics (APUs)....
  7. Switching between discrete NVIDIA GPU and integrated Intel CPU/GPU (?)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Switching between discrete NVIDIA GPU and integrated Intel CPU/GPU (?): Virtual greetings. I recently upgraded my ancient Windows 7 computer to a new and very potent desktop Windows 10 PC. This new PC will be connected via HDMI to a 4K QLED TV as the display monitor. I wanted to use my new PC to watch commercial 4K Blu-ray movies (amongst...
  8. Install both Amd (for graphics) and Nvidia (for compute) gpu

Install both Amd (for graphics) and Nvidia (for compute) gpu: Receiving soon the components for my new PC I will use the disk with Win10 installation from the old PC. Interested to know if it's possible also to use my old AMD gpu for the graphics (drivers are already installed in the boot disk I will shift from the old and soon unused...
  9. Nvidia & AMD

Nvidia & AMD: Since I have been on Radeon for some time now, and had zero problems, I was wondering how Nvidia is getting along, or not -as it had loads of driver problems when I left it? Is it still as bad ............................ 55249
  10. Intel Is Developing A Desktop Gaming GPU To Fight Nvidia, AMD

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Is Developing A Desktop Gaming GPU To Fight Nvidia, AMD: It would be really great to see what optimizations they can implement with their processors! Read more: Intel Is Developing A Desktop Gaming GPU To Fight Nvidia, AMD

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 amd and nvidia gpus