Windows 10: NVIDIA GPU NOT BEING RECOGNIZED AFTER UPDATE

Discus and support NVIDIA GPU NOT BEING RECOGNIZED AFTER UPDATE in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; First of all, back in 11th month of 2017, after updating NVDIA drivers through Geforce Experience and receiving an update from Windows Update, I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MelissaSimplício, Sep 7, 2018.

1. NVIDIA GPU NOT BEING RECOGNIZED AFTER UPDATE

First of all, back in 11th month of 2017, after updating NVDIA drivers through Geforce Experience and receiving an update from Windows Update, I was stuck at the blue screen of death (the error was nvlddmkm.sys, after a quick googling I found out that it was dual my NVIDIA update.)
    So I used DDU and tried to install NVIDIA drivers again. Didn't work. My restauration point from Windows Update was gone. Still, it was being recognize in Device Managers, but I couldn't update it from there, it just wouldn't work. So I gave up. Now it won't even show in "Device managers" (not even on "Hidden devices"), I've tried DDU again, Windows Device Diagnostic, "The NVIDIA Installer says " “NVIDIA Installer cannot continue. This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware.", I've also tried Inplace Upgrade but it didn't work either. I don't know if it is being recognized on BIOS or not, 'cause I don't know how to use it at all (all I could find was "Graphics configuration DVMT pre-allocated 32m") Laptop Asus X555LF RAM 8GB BIOS X555LF.504 GPUNVDIA 930M Windows 10 Home Single Language 64bits Intel Core i5 7200U RAM: 8GB

:)

MelissaSimplício, Sep 7, 2018
  2. GrapeJams Win User

Unable to detect NVIDIA GPU after latest windows 10 update

I believe I am having the same issue. The solution that you suggested does not work as I am unable to uninstall the drivers through the Device Manager as my GPU is not being detected and is therefore not listed under Display Adapters.

I have an Nvidia GTX 765M as well as an Intel integrated graphics card. At the moment the machine is only recognizing the inferior Intel card. I booted into the BIOS and noticed that my discrete graphics card was listed as [NOT DETECTED].

This appears to be an issue for several other users and I am quite confident it is an error on the Microsoft side.

GrapeJams, Sep 7, 2018
  3. kenalbus Win User
    Windows 10 CPU usage 100% when Nvidia GPU enabled

I've had the same problem, and have exactly the same GPU model. I was able to set the drivers back to factory default, but any update I've tried (including the most recent) causes the massive cpu usage. I've contacted tech support for both Nvidia and Asus,
    and followed all the steps they suggested, with no luck.

kenalbus, Sep 7, 2018
  4. NVIDIA GPU NOT BEING RECOGNIZED AFTER UPDATE

Nvidia GPU not recognized after Windows 10 anniversary upgrade

Hello,

We regret the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

Please be informed that Windows releases drivers based on manufacturer's release addressing Windows 10 compatible device drivers.

So, the default drivers Microsoft provides are stripped down and a bit older, but they’re written by your device manufacturer and not Microsoft themselves. Hence we recommend you to download the drivers directly from the manufacturer's website, because those
    will be made available via Windows update only at a later date.

I suggest you to refer to the manufacturer's website to look for updated drivers for your graphics device.

Now, next time before you run the Windows Device driver update, I suggest you to run the
    Hardware and Device Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to run the Windows in built troubleshooter. This is a diagnostic which helps to identify any potential driver related issues present in your PC.

a) Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

b) Click on Troubleshooting
    tab.

c) Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

d) Select the Hardware and Device
    option from the list.

e) Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
    Troubleshooter.

If it still does not help, check if rolling back the video driver helps to resolve the issue. Follow the below steps.

• First of all, Press Windows logo + R from keyboard. It will open
      RUN.
    • Now type devmgmt.msc and press Enter to open Device Manager.
    • You will see all the driver list of your PC. Expand Display Adapters

Rollback driver

Double click on your video driver in Device Manager. Then Click on
    Driver tab
    and select Rollback.

Important: If your drive is performing well and there is no error, Rollback driver button will be grayed out as an option.

Also, refer to: Community | GeForce or leave a
    Driver Feedback
    for issues related to Nvidia GPU drivers.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information related to graphics driver performance, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

NVIDIA GPU NOT BEING RECOGNIZED AFTER UPDATE

1. NVIDIA GPU NOT BEING RECOGNIZED AFTER UPDATE - Similar Threads - NVIDIA GPU BEING

2. GPU not being recognized, Nvidia control panel won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU not being recognized, Nvidia control panel won't open: I have a Dell XPS 15 7590 laptop with a Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650 GPU. The GPU is not being used for games and doesn't show up in task manager under processes. Only the integrated GPU 0 is available. In device manager, it occasionally has a yellow arrow and gives error code 43....
  3. GPU not being recognized, Nvidia control panel won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU not being recognized, Nvidia control panel won't open: I have a Dell XPS 15 7590 laptop with a Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650 GPU. The GPU is not being used for games and doesn't show up in task manager under processes. Only the integrated GPU 0 is available. In device manager, it occasionally has a yellow arrow and gives error code 43....
  4. Nvidia GPU not being detected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia GPU not being detected.: My other GPU installed is not being detected in windows 10, So, recently I started using my old laptop again Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series. my GPU stopped working code 45 and showed up under 'hidden devices' in Display Adapters in Device...
  5. Nvidia GPU not being detected.

Nvidia GPU not being detected.: My other GPU installed is not being detected in windows 10, So, recently I started using my old laptop again Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series. my GPU stopped working code 45 and showed up under 'hidden devices' in Display Adapters in Device...
  6. Nvidia GPU not being detected.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Nvidia GPU not being detected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia GPU not being detected.: So, recently I started using my old laptop again Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series. I decided to do a clean wipe of the system, and install drivers again. After a BSOD, my GPU stopped working code 45 and showed up under 'hidden devices' in Display Adapters in Device manager. I...
  8. Nvidia GPU not being detected.

Nvidia GPU not being detected.: So, recently I started using my old laptop again Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series. I decided to do a clean wipe of the system, and install drivers again. After a BSOD, my GPU stopped working code 45 and showed up under 'hidden devices' in Display Adapters in Device manager. I...
  9. Nvidia GPU not being detected.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Latest Windows update doesn't recognize second Nvidia GPU

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows update doesn't recognize second Nvidia GPU: Hello, my laptop is an Acer brand, 6gb ram/i5-2467M @ 1.60GHz, , an intel GPU and an Nvidia GT 640M. I never had any problems with update until some months ago with the latest Win10 Update, everytime I did it it seems like it didnt recognize the Nvidia GPU. I have tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. only 7 gpus recognized after windows update