Windows 10: NVIDIA graphic driver updated but device manager shows incorrect version

Discus and support NVIDIA graphic driver updated but device manager shows incorrect version in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The NVIDIA Geforce Experience app alerted me that there is a newer driver. I installed/updated it but the device manager is still showing the previous... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PaulPChou, Oct 30, 2019.

1. PaulPChou Win User

NVIDIA graphic driver updated but device manager shows incorrect version

The NVIDIA Geforce Experience app alerted me that there is a newer driver. I installed/updated it but the device manager is still showing the previous version. It should show the latest version/date. The one in the device manger states: 10/22/2019 but in the app, it states: 10/29/2019. It should say 10/29/2019, not 10/22/2019 in the device manager. I would like to know if there is a bug or something else? Can someone let the engineering team know about it.

Here is the link from the feedback hub. https://aka.ms/AA6fqg4

:)

PaulPChou, Oct 30, 2019

2. Nvidia graphics not found in device manager

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to know whether the monitor plugged into the video card or the motherboard (integrated video).

If you have plugged in the monitor to the integrated video port, I suggest you to connect the plug directly to the video card.

Sometimes, some devices in device manager are hidden due to corrupt or missing drivers.

Follow the steps below to show hidden devices in the device manager and troubleshoot accordingly.

1. Press the Windows key + X

2. Select
    Command Prompt (Admin)

3. Type
    set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1 and hit enter

4. Type
    Start DEVMGMT.MSC and hit enter.

5. Once in Device Manager hit the
    View menu and select show hidden devices.

From here, remove each instance of the Nvidia card you see as well as each
    unknown device. Exit Device Manager and reinstall the latest drivers you can find for your graphics card.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try downloading the latest drivers from manufacturer’s website and check if it helps.

Drivers | GeForce

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 30, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Error: The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28) for NVidia MX250 Graphics card

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The error code indicates, "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)". We need to reinstall the device driver manually. I suggest you to refer the steps for
    Code 28 mentioned in the article
    Error codes in Device Manager in Windows
    and see if that helps.

You can try to run NVidia Auto-Detect and see if that helps you in installing the NVidia drivers. You can run NVidia Auto-Detect from
    NVidia website. You can also check for the pending updates on the computer and install them. Please refer the section
    How do I manually update my PC? from the article
    Windows Update: FAQ

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try the steps mentioned below to install the drivers:

1. Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
    2. Right click on the NVidia driver and select
      Update Driver.
    3. Click on Browser my computer for driver software.
    4. Now, click on Let me pick from a list.
    5. Select the NVidia MX250 driver and click on
      Next.
    6. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
    7. Restart the computer once the driver is installed.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 30, 2019
  4. neilpzz Win User

Nvidia Graphics Driver problem

If your graphics can be updated to version 416.94 then it should have updated even if you were running the latest build of version 1803. It suggests there is something wrong here.

Check your Nvidia graphics model number on the Nvidia website and if their latest software version is showing 416.94 is available for your card then ask this question there.

neilpzz, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

1. NVIDIA graphic driver updated but device manager shows incorrect version - Similar Threads - NVIDIA graphic driver

2. Graphics driver not showing in device manager nor in windows update option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics driver not showing in device manager nor in windows update option: I installed radeon adrenaline software for amd radeon hd 8670m but it stuck on 98 percent so I force shutdown the lap and switche on again but the lap get stuck in loading screen so I entered in safe mode and deleted the amd driver from device adapter I choose the option that...
  3. Graphics driver not showing in device manager nor in windows update option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphics driver not showing in device manager nor in windows update option: I installed radeon adrenaline software for amd radeon hd 8670m but it stuck on 98 percent so I force shutdown the lap and switche on again but the lap get stuck in loading screen so I entered in safe mode and deleted the amd driver from device adapter I choose the option that...
  4. Graphics driver not showing in device manager nor in windows update option

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I've updated my nvidia graphics driver but the device manager displays the incorrect...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I've updated my nvidia graphics driver but the device manager displays the incorrect...: I've looked all over the internet but haven't found a result with an answer to my problem, I've installed the geforce rtx 4090 laptop gpu in the hopes that I wouldn't face a bsod again in the near future, however, the device manager still displays my geforce rtx as 2060, I've...
  6. Nvidia Graphics Driver Not Compatible With This Version of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia Graphics Driver Not Compatible With This Version of Windows: PC Specs•Microsoft OEM System Builder DVD Windоws 10 Home 64-bit Intended use for new systems•Intel i7-6900K Processor 20MB Cache, up to 3.70 GHz FC-LGA 2011-v3,BX80671I76900K•MSI Extreme Gaming Intel X99 LGA 2011 DDR4 USB 3.1 Extended ATX Motherboard X99A Godlike Gaming•EVGA...
  7. Nvidia Graphics Driver Not Compatible With This Version of Windows

Nvidia Graphics Driver Not Compatible With This Version of Windows: PC Specs•Microsoft OEM System Builder DVD Windоws 10 Home 64-bit Intended use for new systems•Intel i7-6900K Processor 20MB Cache, up to 3.70 GHz FC-LGA 2011-v3,BX80671I76900K•MSI Extreme Gaming Intel X99 LGA 2011 DDR4 USB 3.1 Extended ATX Motherboard X99A Godlike Gaming•EVGA...
  8. NVIDIA Graphics Card not showing up in device manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA Graphics Card not showing up in device manager.: I recently purchased an ASUS Laptop with an RTX 3050 TI and for the first day it worked fine, but the drivers on GeForce experience were really outdated so I tried updating them to the latest version, but after that, it disappeared from the device manager and just stopped...
  9. NVIDIA Graphics Card not showing up in device manager.

NVIDIA Graphics Card not showing up in device manager.: I recently purchased an ASUS Laptop with an RTX 3050 TI and for the first day it worked fine, but the drivers on GeForce experience were really outdated so I tried updating them to the latest version, but after that, it disappeared from the device manager and just stopped...
  10. NVIDIA Graphics Card not showing up in device manager.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wrong gpu in device manager nvidia