Windows 10: Nvidia Graphics card and HDMI port says "cable Not plugged in"

Discus and support Nvidia Graphics card and HDMI port says "cable Not plugged in" in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I plugged my laptop into an integra 30.4 receiver via HDMI port (multiple ports) and with the receiver on the right device port and connected to a tv... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Wolf32, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Wolf32 Win User

Nvidia Graphics card and HDMI port says "cable Not plugged in"

I plugged my laptop into an integra 30.4 receiver via HDMI port (multiple ports) and with the receiver on the right device port and connected to a tv or a projector and I get no audio out of the HDMI port only Video. Video works great!

The laptop is an alienware laptop on Windows 10 (upgraded from windows 7 purchased November of 2011). The HDMI would transfer audio and video in windows 7 intermittently for a year or two. However, I had to turn the tv, receiver, and computer on in a specific order and eventually, approximately 1 hour of doing this each time I wanted audio I'd get the audio over the HDMI cable until I shut down....

I've been on windows 10 now for a while and never have gotten the HDMI audio to work. I kinda gave up but would like to use my laptop now to play movies to my new epson 4k projector and am unable to get audio to work at all. Video is phenomenal.

The HDMI port shows up in the device manager under sound devices. However, constantly shows "Cable not plugged in" whether the cable is or is not plugged in.

It's an older Geforce card - wanna say it's a Geforce 555. Also has an intel graphics adapter as well. I've done all the nvidia updates, windows updates, I've gone so far as removing the sound adapters and rebooting, removing the graphics adapters and letting them reinstall. The HDMI audio port always comes back with "Cable Not plugged in." It's staring me in the face constantly.

I kinda gave up and switched to broadcasting using Chromecast which works o.k. but it's streaming it over chrome on my home network and I feel a direct connect via HDMI would have less buffering and less latency and best quality audio / video.

Any suggestions?

:)

Wolf32, Oct 12, 2016

2. 640x480 invisible screen Win10 Creators Update

Yes, 1 HDMI on the motherboard, 1 VGA on the motherboard, 1 Mini HDMI on my graphics card, and 1 DVI-D port on my graphics card.

MousepadSam, Oct 12, 2016
  3. IvoKK Win User
    Windows 10 cannot detect my TV as a second monitor! (SOLVED!)

Hi,

There is one.... And I was using that one....... dang!! lol

Honestly, I didn't knew there is another hdmi port at the bottom where the graphic card is, I thought the PC has only one hdmi port (just as my laptop), It's a new PC, bought it few days ago and had no time to examine it in full. So, I saw the upper one hdmi
    port and just plugged the cable in it... Didn't noticed the second hdmi port when plugging in the main monitor.

Oh my.... So much time wasted for something that simple... I should have asked here earlier!! lol

Plugged the hdmi cable in the lower port (between the DVI and VGA) and the second display became visible instantly!

Nvidia Graphics card and HDMI port says "cable Not plugged in" [​IMG]

Thank you very much Richard!! Thank you sir!

Cheers! Nvidia Graphics card and HDMI port says "cable Not plugged in" :)

IvoKK, Oct 12, 2016
  4. Kbird Win User

Wrong version HDMI Cable perhaps ? faulty HDMI cable ? faulty HDMI port ? bent pins ?

Or some incompatibility with the receiver ?

I am no expert on this , just guesses having seen other post similar experiences.....

KB

Kbird, Oct 17, 2016
Thema:

1. Nvidia Graphics card and HDMI port says "cable Not plugged in" - Similar Threads - Nvidia Graphics card

2. Nvidia graphics card not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia graphics card not detected: Hi i have been using a gaming laptop asus tuf gaming a15 For about 5 months its great but when i tried to launch microsoft flight simulator it says i dont meet requirements which i do, And performance is greatly reduced after not finding a answer I re installed windows and it...
  3. NVIDIA graphics card not detecting HDMI on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA graphics card not detecting HDMI on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]If your NVIDIA graphics card is not detecting HDMI monitors, here are some troubleshooting suggestions you can follow to fix the issue. Even if you have already through some basic steps to make it work again, you should follow all the below-mentioned solutions again....
  4. Nvidia graphic card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nvidia graphic card: My laptop broke down a few days ago and it got repaired and after the repair i was left in dust i had to start all over without knowing anything I downloaded my games but then realized that there was no graphic card in my laptop I don't know what to download how to download...
  5. Nvidia Graphics card not detected!!!!

Nvidia Graphics card not detected!!!!: Hello Everybody, I'm using Asus vivobook x556uj Laptop which has 2 GPUs one for intel and the other one is nvidia 920m. I latterly found my laptop crashes a lot even without using a heavy programs so i started to figure the problem and suddenly found the problem that Nvidia...
  6. Hdmi/graphic card? problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Hdmi/graphic card? problem: Hi I recently installed win10 64 on my old Dell laptop. Ram:4gb, Intel core i3 cpu m330, 2,13ghz Graphic: Intel HD graphics I have a problem with connecting my laptop to tv using hdmi cable. First of all: it works if the tv is turned on first then laptop. If I try to do...
  7. Disappearing NVIDIA Graphics Card.

Disappearing NVIDIA Graphics Card.: About a month ago i purchased an HP OMEN 17" Laptop 16 GiG memory, I7 Ninth Gen processor 9750H and NVIDEA RTX-2070 Graphics card, no probs untill 3rd night, switched it off normally next night i switched it on, all icons have changed and enlarged from 100% to 125%, i had...
  8. No Monitor Display when VGA Cable plugged into video card port

No Monitor Display when VGA Cable plugged into video card port: So, when plugging in the VGA cable into my video card's VGA port the monitor shows no display. It isn't an internal problem as the computer turns on and the keyboard and mouse light up after a couple of seconds which I can assume is that the computer is in the OS but does not...
  9. Nvidia graphics card

Nvidia graphics card: Hello! I have a pc with a Gigabyte A320M-S2H motherboard AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Vega 8 graphics. I have purchased a Nvidia GTX1050TI graphics card. When I first installed the graphics card and powered up the screen was 800 x 600. I inserted the driver disk that came with the...
  10. Graphic card nvidia

Graphic card nvidia: I recently did a clean installation of windows 10 and after installing the new os windows wont detect and use my primary graphic card which is nvidia 940mx and i tried installing the latest drivers but it still uses on board graphics what shoud i do? P.S: i tried the nvidia...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. board says hdmi cable that the hdmi cable not pluged in but it is i have video