Windows 10: Nvidia Graphics Card: Error 45

Discus and support Nvidia Graphics Card: Error 45 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My computer worked fantastically. Everything fine, could play most games on medium settings or higher at 1080p with no glitches, dropped frames or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GeorgeOlphin, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Nvidia Graphics Card: Error 45

My computer worked fantastically. Everything fine, could play most games on medium settings or higher at 1080p with no glitches, dropped frames or artefacts.

So about two weeks ago I fired up my computer it had been off for a day or two and I get no display output at all from the motherboard. The fans spin up but nothing coming out of the screen. From this point onwards I have not been able to get any graphics to display from my computer.

I can use on board graphics but the PCIe device is not recognised by 1. bios, 2. device manager shows error 45 and 3. Nvidia

My Computer:

Intel DQ57TM

Intel i5-650/i7-870

8Gb Crucial Ballistix 1600mhz

300w PSU

EVGA Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti /Zotac Nvidia GTX 1650 Both cards do not need a 6-pin power lead

Windows 10 most recent update.

Things I have tried:

1. Physically cleaning the pcie slot and checking for dust or bent pins

2.Changing the graphics adaptor in the bios from Auto to PCIexpress PEG

3. Using DDU to disable and uninstall Nvidia control panel and GeForce experience then reinstall Nvidia and geforce experience with wifi on and with all network adapters disabled and the drivers offline I get an error saying it cannot detect an Nvidia graphics card.

4. Checked that the computer isn't starting in "safe mode" using msconfig

5. Ran a CHKDSK to ensure there isn't an issue with the drives

6. Using command prompt "bcdedit" disabled pciexpress and then tested then reverted back to system defaults

6.1 Cleared CMOS and reset Bios on the motherboard

7. Reinstalled windows from USB using [shift+f10] and Diskpart tool to format drive and clean them.

8. Installed another DQ57TM motherboard incase it was the Pcie slot - The device worked for an hour or so until the computer did a windows update.

8.1 Tested all of the above again on the new motherboard.

9. Rolled back the windows update. no change

10. Tested using another CPU i7-870 don't have inbuilt graphics to try and force the computer into using the GPU - Didn't work just got the diagnostic beep for no video card

11. Tested another GPU GTX 1650 no change.

12. Rinsed and repeated most of these tests but to no avail.

I am getting really fed up with this problem to be honest. I cannot get my head around why something would work perfectly two weeks ago and then just stop. I personally feel that an update caused this problem but that doesn't make much sense when I have uninstalled all the possible updates and wiped the computers back to basics.

:)

GeorgeOlphin, Jun 28, 2020

2. NVIDIA Graphics card has a code 45 in the device manager.

Hi Brandon,

Error Code 45 occurs if a device that was previously connected to the computer is no longer connected. That being said, please try to run a hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps. To do this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key, type "control panel" and select Control Panel.
    • Under the View by: option, select Small icons.
    • Click Troubleshooting> Hardware and sound>
      Hardware and Devices
      > Follow the on-screen instructions.

Also, you can try to uninstall the NVIDIA driver and reinstall or even download the latest driver for your graphics card coming from the manufacturer.

Dennis Mop, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Nvidia Graphics Card

Hello Brian,

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on the Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jun 28, 2020
  4. Nvidia Graphics Card: Error 45

After recent update, graphics card is shown as not connected, error 45 on Windows 10.

Original Title: After Windows 10 update graphics card is shown as not connected

After a routine cumulative update to Windows 10 for x64 systems (as per KB3163018), on restart the the graphics card (Nvidia GE Force GTX 760) is now shown in device manager as not being connected (error 45).

The solutions advised to others that have had the same problem have not worked

- using the hardware troubleshooter.

- Nvidia drivers are current having been updated earlier in June and having worked fine up to this Windows update. Nvidia applications such as diagnostics and driver updater do not run as they cannot identify any Nvidia cards. The Alienware diagnostics
    do not detect the Nvidia graphics card

- BIOS options have been changed so that the default graphics adapter is set to discrete rather than automatic

The one thing I have not yet tried is to dismantle the PC to remove and physically reinstall the graphics card. Any suggestions before I am forced to do this?

Jim McKinven, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

Nvidia Graphics Card: Error 45

1. Nvidia Graphics Card: Error 45 - Similar Threads - Nvidia Graphics Card

2. Error and error of Nvidia graphics card drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error and error of Nvidia graphics card drivers: nvlddmkm service reset for a device instance with PCI ID\VEN_10DE&DEV_25A2&SUBSYS_1363152D&REV_A1\4&3944E46E&0&0008 has been completed with the following status: 0. Reinstalled the drivers , nothing helped the Windows , I ask for help...
  3. Error and error of Nvidia graphics card drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error and error of Nvidia graphics card drivers: nvlddmkm service reset for a device instance with PCI ID\VEN_10DE&DEV_25A2&SUBSYS_1363152D&REV_A1\4&3944E46E&0&0008 has been completed with the following status: 0. Reinstalled the drivers , nothing helped the Windows , I ask for help...
  4. How do I solve a Code 45 error with my Nvidia graphics card?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I solve a Code 45 error with my Nvidia graphics card?: An ongoing issue I've had for the past month or so on my laptop is that - when I have GPU Power Saving set to "optimised" - the system acts as if I do not have a graphics card at all as soon as I unplug my laptop and it switches to battery power. I've reinstalled NVIDIA's...
  5. How do I solve a Code 45 error with my Nvidia graphics card?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I solve a Code 45 error with my Nvidia graphics card?: An ongoing issue I've had for the past month or so on my laptop is that - when I have GPU Power Saving set to "optimised" - the system acts as if I do not have a graphics card at all as soon as I unplug my laptop and it switches to battery power. I've reinstalled NVIDIA's...
  6. Nvidia graphic card

Nvidia graphic card: My laptop broke down a few days ago and it got repaired and after the repair i was left in dust i had to start all over without knowing anything I downloaded my games but then realized that there was no graphic card in my laptop I don't know what to download how to download...
  7. Nvidia Graphic Card Error

Nvidia Graphic Card Error: Dell Inspiron 3420 i5 with nvidia geforce 620m. Windows 10 Single Language. I have download, install, uninstall and reinstall the latest nvidia graphic card but it not working. It keep saying this error "This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. Code...
  8. Nvidia graphics card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia graphics card: Hello! I have a pc with a Gigabyte A320M-S2H motherboard AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Vega 8 graphics. I have purchased a Nvidia GTX1050TI graphics card. When I first installed the graphics card and powered up the screen was 800 x 600. I inserted the driver disk that came with the...
  9. Graphic card nvidia

Graphic card nvidia: I recently did a clean installation of windows 10 and after installing the new os windows wont detect and use my primary graphic card which is nvidia 940mx and i tried installing the latest drivers but it still uses on board graphics what shoud i do? P.S: i tried the nvidia...
  10. NVIDIA Graphic card showing Code 45 error on ASUS ROG GL552JX laptop.

NVIDIA Graphic card showing Code 45 error on ASUS ROG GL552JX laptop.: I have tried everything from uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, performed a system reset and still the problem persists. Although sometimes the graphic card works just fine and sometimes it doesn't. I have been experiencing this issue since the October update of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gtx 1050 windows 10 45