Windows 10: NVIDIA Graphics driver automatically uninstalls after reboot on Windows 10

Discus and support NVIDIA Graphics driver automatically uninstalls after reboot on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Some PC users are reporting an issue whereby the NVIDIA graphics driver automatically uninstalls after rebooting their Windows 10 device. If you’re... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 7, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

NVIDIA Graphics driver automatically uninstalls after reboot on Windows 10

Some PC users are reporting an issue whereby the NVIDIA graphics driver automatically uninstalls after rebooting their Windows 10 device. If you’re affected by a similar issue, you can try the solutions provided in this post to successfully resolve the issue. When you encounter this issue, you might also notice that the NVIDIA Control Panel is missing.

NVIDIA Graphics driver automatically uninstalls after reboot on Windows 10 NVIDIA-Graphics-driver-automatically-uninstalls-after-reboot.jpg

NVIDIA Graphics driver automatically uninstalls after reboot

If the NVIDIA graphics driver automatically uninstalls after reboot on your Windows 10 device, follow our instructions below carefully to resolve the issue.

First, download the NVIDIA graphics driver to your desktop from the NVIDIA website.

Next, temporarily disable your internet. You can easily do this by turning on Airplane/Flight Mode on your Windows 10 device. The reason why you have to disable the internet is because the minute you uninstall your old NVIDIA driver, Windows will automatically install it again and we need to prevent that from happening as you want a clean installation of the newest graphics driver.

Now, uninstall the graphics driver via Device Manager or better still use the Display Driver Uninstaller.

Now, open Control Panel > Programs and Features.

Uninstall every entry that has NVIDIA mentioned in the name.

Exit Control Panel when done.

Next, open Task Manager and make sure no NVIDIA processes are running.

After killing all NVIDIA running processes (if any) in Task Manager, restart your computer.

On boot, locate the new driver that you downloaded earlier.

Run the driver installer and choose Custom Install.

Select GPU Driver, PhysX and GeForce Experience.

Select Clean Install at the bottom of the wizard.

If you receive any prompt, just click skip or ignore and run the installation.

Once the driver installation completes successfully, turn off Flight mode and restart your computer. The computer should boot and the graphics driver won’t be uninstalled.

To check if you have the correct graphics driver version, right-click on the desktop and click NVIDIA Control Panel the driver version will be listed.

That’s it!

Use this routine every time you update your GPU driver and experience the uninstall after Windows 10 reboots.

NVIDIA Graphics driver automatically uninstalls after reboot on Windows 10 NVIDIA-Graphics-driver-automatically-uninstalls-after-reboot.jpg
    This article NVIDIA Graphics driver automatically uninstalls after reboot on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 7, 2021
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows 7 automatically installs drivers...

I've got another issue with Windows 7. It automatically installs drivers. I was uninstalling my Nvidia drivers and when I rebooted to reinstall, the operating system found the driver package and installed it on it's own. Can I shut this off?

3. Graphic Driver is not Uninstall

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please provide us the following information:

• How are you trying to uninstall the driver?

• When you are trying to uninstall the graphics driver, do you get any error message or error code?

• What is the make of graphics driver?
    Step 1: Let us try to uninstall the driver in Safe mode, and check if it helps.

Safe mode starts Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. It can help you troubleshoot problems on your PC.

Refer to the following article:

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Step 2: Follow the below steps to uninstall the driver.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager

• Search for Display Adapters.

• Right-click on the Graphics Card and click on
      Uninstall.

Hope it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, May 7, 2021
  4. Ramzi. H Win User

Nvidia driver doesn't detect the graphic hardware

Did you notice that on Device Manager the Display adapter doesn't appear ?

And I tried installing the latest driver from Nvidia site and it didn't detect any compatible graphic hardware

Ramzi. H, May 7, 2021
Thema:

1. NVIDIA Graphics driver automatically uninstalls after reboot on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - NVIDIA Graphics driver

2. I accidentally uninstalled my Nvidia graphics driver.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally uninstalled my Nvidia graphics driver.: Hello.I was trying to solve an issue I had with my driver with it not being detected in the system and I thought it'd be a good idea to uninstall it to reinstall it afterwards.Needless to say I couldn't find I way to install it back so now I'm trying to find a way to get it...
  3. I accidentally uninstalled my Nvidia graphics driver.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally uninstalled my Nvidia graphics driver.: Hello.I was trying to solve an issue I had with my driver with it not being detected in the system and I thought it'd be a good idea to uninstall it to reinstall it afterwards.Needless to say I couldn't find I way to install it back so now I'm trying to find a way to get it...
  4. I accidentally uninstalled my Nvidia graphics driver.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Graphics driver will not reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics driver will not reboot: So I was signing in to windows 11 when I saw a black screen with my cursor. I thought it had something to do with the graphics driver so I presses windows key+ctrl+shift+b to restart but now I'm on a black screen with no cursor and I have not heard a beeping noise. Can you...
  6. Graphics driver will not reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphics driver will not reboot: So I was signing in to windows 11 when I saw a black screen with my cursor. I thought it had something to do with the graphics driver so I presses windows key+ctrl+shift+b to restart but now I'm on a black screen with no cursor and I have not heard a beeping noise. Can you...
  7. NVidia graphics driver

NVidia graphics driver: I have a new computer with Nvidia card. At the beginning everything was fine but then I got the generic error 43. I reinstalled the drivers but it didn’t help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-graphics-driver/c318f02e-9762-418f-b8df-a28777ed67f9
  8. Nvidia Graphics Driver problem

Nvidia Graphics Driver problem: Hello there. Recently, I updated my Windows 10 Pro "1803" to "1809". Reason I did that; that my drivers were 7 months old to play WoW's newest expansion. My graphics drivers version were "391.35" and I needed to update it to the newest version, which is "416.94". At first it...
  9. Nvidia drivers automatically uninstall after updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia drivers automatically uninstall after updating: I just update my dell g7 windows yesterday and then the next morning my Nvidia drivers automatically uninstall and i want to know what is happening. After i reinstall my driver from Nvidia website, i notice that when i game my fps kinda choking pretty bad, i need explanation....
  10. Modded nvidia graphics drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Modded nvidia graphics drivers: Does anyone know where to get modded nvidia graphics drivers ? 117966