Windows 10: Nvidia Graphics Driver causing mouse to stick in Windows 10

Discus and support Nvidia Graphics Driver causing mouse to stick in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone I have a problem that is driving me insane. For a few weeks now, my mouse would get stuck whenever I open a new program, browser... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by yatiya, Oct 4, 2017.

1. yatiya Win User

Nvidia Graphics Driver causing mouse to stick in Windows 10

Hello everyone

I have a problem that is driving me insane. For a few weeks now, my mouse would get stuck whenever I open a new program, browser window, game etc. I thought it was maybe a problem with windows, and did a clean reset. I noticed it especially when clicking search on the taskbar, at the Login screen on Windows startup, when opening Chrome. It isn't confined to any one program either, affects everything!

The problem went away until I installed the latest Nvidia GPU drivers. To confirm, I uninstalled the driver completely using the Guru3D GPU Driver removal tool, and it was working again, no lag, no freezing!

I don't know what to do. Obviously the driver is important, but my PC is basically unusable with it installed (well, maybe that's exaggerating, but still...) I definitely can't play most games, especially RTS, because it just gets stuck for a few seconds while playing, and that's disastrous in RTS!!

Any thoughts on how to fix this issue?

:)

yatiya, Oct 4, 2017

2. Win 10 BSOD fresh install windows 10

If by anyway, you're using an nvidia graphics card, I recommend visiting nvidia's graphics driver website www.geforce.com/drivers and downloading the latest drivers for your chip. Older Nvidia drivers are sometimes known cause random BSOD's on Windows

Usman Mohammed, Oct 4, 2017
  3. Missing drivers for in windows 10 on my lenovo y50

Hi

Many developers will wait until a later, stable, build of a preview product is released before they develop drivers for that new OS.

I recommend that you check with Nvidia support about their plans to support Windows 10.

Nvidia - Windows 10 Technical Preview Display Driver Thread:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/779136/?comment=4332684

NVIDIA Display Driver Feedback for Windows 10 Technical Preview:

Error

I may be better to simply stick with the Intel Graphics until Nvidia releases the newer Windows 10 drivers.

Regards

Ronnie Vernon, Oct 4, 2017
  4. Nvidia Graphics Driver causing mouse to stick in Windows 10

DeaconFrost, Oct 4, 2017
  5. yatiya Win User
    Thanks, but my problem is a bit different. It's not that the mouse won't focus, but it stops responding completely. Definitely doesn't move. It just sits in the same place for a few seconds, before working again.
    Also, in the latest Nvidia software, there is no share option to disable! I've come across this fix before, but couldn't implement it because of this.

yatiya, Oct 4, 2017
  6. yatiya Win User
    Update: I have now confirmed it is DEFINITELY the driver itself. I removed the Nvidia software completely, using DDU. I then extracted the driver package, and installed the driver ONLY by using device manager's update driver feature, and the problem recurred.
    Is there any way I can notify Nvidia about this?

EDIT: seems I jumped the gun. Installing the driver only did NOT replicate the problem. That means it must be one of the other components of the package.

At least now my card has a proper driver, but I'm still without the Nvidia optimizations.

yatiya, Oct 4, 2017
  7. EdTittel Win User
    Click the "Provide Driver Feedback" link at NVIDIA Driver Feedback|NVIDIA. That should put you in touch with the right people. Hopefully, they'll find a fix for your problem.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Oct 4, 2017
  8. yatiya Win User

Thank you Ed Tittel! I will do that!

yatiya, Oct 4, 2017
  9. larc919 Win User
    Maybe you didn't jump the gun. I've been having the same problem on and off on 2 PCs for awhile now. Both with the latest Nvidia graphics driver only. Also each with a Logitech M510 wireless mouse, BTW.

larc919, Oct 5, 2017
  10. yatiya Win User
    That is interesting. I wondet if there's some sort of conflict with Logitech mice?

yatiya, Oct 5, 2017
  11. Bradner Win User
    I have the same problem, i ve done that and it seems that it is a fix!

Bradner, Oct 5, 2017
  12. yatiya Win User

yatiya, Oct 5, 2017
  13. OldMike65 Win User

Did you try Updating your Logitech M510 driver ??? That might be worth a shot.
    Wireless Mouse M510 - Logitech Support

OldMike65, Oct 5, 2017
  14. yatiya Win User
    Dunno about him, but I'm running the latest driver for my G602. Doesn't make a difference.

yatiya, Oct 5, 2017
  15. OldMike65 Win User
    I have two different logitech mice on two different Windows computers, with latest Nvidia drivers installed, with no issues at all.

OldMike65, Oct 5, 2017
Thema:

1. Nvidia Graphics Driver causing mouse to stick in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Nvidia Graphics Driver

2. Windows not updating Nvidia graphic card/driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows not updating Nvidia graphic card/driver: Hello! So to start, today my computer looked very strange and upon further investigation, I realized that the resolution was set to 800 x 600. When I tried to change it, the max value was 1280 x 1024 for some inexplicable reason. I want to put it back into regular HD, but it...
  3. Nvidia graphics driver update caused a BSOD loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia graphics driver update caused a BSOD loop: I attempted to update my Nvidia gpu drivers and as soon as they finished updating I received a BSoD with code PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA listing what failed as nviddmkm.sys I know this is an issue with the latest Nvidia driver but I performed a clean install. I cannot load...
  4. Nvidia graphics driver update caused a BSOD loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia graphics driver update caused a BSOD loop: I attempted to update my Nvidia gpu drivers and as soon as they finished updating I received a BSoD with code PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA listing what failed as nviddmkm.sys I know this is an issue with the latest Nvidia driver but I performed a clean install. I cannot load...
  5. Nvidia graphics driver update caused a BSOD loop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. BSOD caused by NVIDIA Driver?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD caused by NVIDIA Driver?: So i was playing vrchat and a couple weeks ago i updated my driver to 457.09 not important now but later.So i was playing VRChat for the first time since updating my driver and i went into the game and ran straight into a BSOD.Now this kinda scared me, since the last time i...
  7. NVidia graphics driver

NVidia graphics driver: I have a new computer with Nvidia card. At the beginning everything was fine but then I got the generic error 43. I reinstalled the drivers but it didn’t help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-graphics-driver/c318f02e-9762-418f-b8df-a28777ed67f9
  8. Nvidia drivers causing BSoD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nvidia drivers causing BSoD?: I just installed the game readyNvidia drivers for gtx 1070 on my PC. I played Some games after, but suddenly, my PC froze and i restarted it often, but it just stopped while loading Windows 10. After Some restarts BSoD "Critical process died" appeared. I cant Start in...
  9. Nvidia Graphics Driver problem

Nvidia Graphics Driver problem: Hello there. Recently, I updated my Windows 10 Pro "1803" to "1809". Reason I did that; that my drivers were 7 months old to play WoW's newest expansion. My graphics drivers version were "391.35" and I needed to update it to the newest version, which is "416.94". At first it...
  10. Modded nvidia graphics drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Modded nvidia graphics drivers: Does anyone know where to get modded nvidia graphics drivers ? 117966