Windows 10: NVIDIA GT 240 not holding his settings

Discus and support NVIDIA GT 240 not holding his settings in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; NVIDIA GT 240 Is not holding his settings in Windows 10 after reboot. Latest drivers are installed 28522 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Robbie, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Robbie Win User

NVIDIA GT 240 not holding his settings

NVIDIA GT 240 Is not holding his settings in Windows 10 after reboot.

Latest drivers are installed

:)

Robbie, Nov 1, 2015

2. NVIDIA driver update for NVIDIA GeForce GT 240 - Error 0x80246002

UPDATE: turns out after updating my motherboard, the updates installed and the system detected the card, but while i was trying to install the driver for it, the screen blanked. Now whenever i turn it on it shows a black screen, with my mouse still being
    visible and movable on the screen. Thats a separate issue though, thanks for the reply

JasonMontalvo, Nov 1, 2015
  3. NVIDIA driver update for NVIDIA GeForce GT 240 - Error 0x80246002

Hi Jason,

One of the possible reasons why you are experiencing issues with installing an update for your graphics card is due to some software conflicts. To address this concern, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for devices and drivers in Windows 10. To
    do so, visit this link, click
    Find and fix problems with devices and hardware and then follow the prompts. This tool will automatically repair the software issues with the drivers in your device.

If you'll encounter the same issue after running the automated troubleshooter, we suggest booting your device to safe mode before you try to install the update for the graphics card. This
    link provides information about how to boot Windows 10 device
    to safe mode.

If further assistance is needed, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Nov 1, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

What settings are you talking about? Resolution? Try installing latest driver from nVidia's site and it should work. If you have an old driver Windows Update will try to replace it and restore the default settings. This also affects resolution.

spapakons, Nov 3, 2015
  5. Robbie Win User
    Color settings in NVIDIA control panel will not be saved after reboot.

Latest NVIDIA drivers are installed

Robbie, Nov 4, 2015
  6. Max001 Win User
    Have exactly same problem. Been in contact with Nvidia Customer Care, followed their instructions to the letter... by uninstalling using Nvidia Display Driver Uninstaller in safe boot, then installed latest driver using “Perform Clean Installation” No change… display screen colour settings resets to default. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Max001, Nov 4, 2015
  7. spapakons Win User
    Are you sure the driver is not replaced by Windows Update? If it is replaced, all settings go to default. To prevent that you must install latest driver again and then use this trick to hide the driver updates so they do not install.

spapakons, Nov 4, 2015
  8. Max001 Win User

Thanks for reply Spapakons. I'm 100% sure that Windows did not replace driver as my PC was disconnected from internet when installing latest Nvidia driver which I downloaded from their site.

Max001, Nov 4, 2015
  9. Max001 Win User
    Any suggestions would be most welcomed, or if you guys know of a gamma setting program that I can use NVIDIA GT 240 not holding his settings :)

Max001, Nov 9, 2015
  10. spapakons Win User
    Gamma and other color settings can be adjusted from nVidia Control Panel in the Display section, Adjust Desktop color settings.

spapakons, Nov 9, 2015
  11. Max001 Win User
    That's the problem the nVidia Control panel does not save new settings even when applying change. That is why I've asked if there are any programs that I could use to adjust gamma.

Max001, Nov 9, 2015
  12. spapakons Win User
    In the past I have used PowerStrip, but I don't know if it works with modern graphics cards and if it is compatible with Windows 10.

Also in nVidia Control Panel, all color settings are applied automatically, you just click save to keep them. If save doesn't work for you, try reinstalling the driver or manually running the Control Panel as Administrator.

spapakons, Nov 9, 2015
  13. Max001 Win User

nVidia have now released new drivers for GT240 version 341.92, Clean installed, had same problem. However problem solved by going to Colour Management, check "use my settings" then go to advanced and removing check "use windows setting". NVIDIA GT 240 not holding his settings :)

Max001, Nov 10, 2015
  14. spapakons Win User
    Yes, I never set a color profile in Windows, I prefer tweaking colors manually...

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. NVIDIA GT 240 not holding his settings - Similar Threads - NVIDIA 240 holding

2. Saplos Nvidia GT 730 Graphics on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saplos Nvidia GT 730 Graphics on: I have an older Windows 10 computer. It is refurbished, but I bought an older model new graphics card for it just to increase its capabilities a little more. When I run dxdiag it says I have Direct X 12 on a 64bit system. I keep getting two errors when trying to play a game...
  3. Saplos Nvidia GT 730 Graphics on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Saplos Nvidia GT 730 Graphics on: I have an older Windows 10 computer. It is refurbished, but I bought an older model new graphics card for it just to increase its capabilities a little more. When I run dxdiag it says I have Direct X 12 on a 64bit system. I keep getting two errors when trying to play a game...
  4. NVIDIA GeForce GT 240 support Windows 10

NVIDIA GeForce GT 240 support Windows 10: Hi all, I'm about to build a custom pc where my cpu 3600x don't have a i-GPU with a MSI B450 mobo, so I ordered a GeForce GT240. I don't know whether windows 10 can support this card. Is it like I install it in the PCI-e and connect the hdmi to monitor from gpu, it works ?...
  5. Nvidia GT 730

Nvidia GT 730: i cannot install the latest driver from nvidia... it says , this Nvidia graphics driver is not compatible with this version of windows.... windows 10 version 190..... pls help me...
  6. NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT compatibility

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT compatibility: I'm currently using W7 Home Premium and would like to upgrade to W10 but I'm concerned my Nvidia graphics card is incompatible. W7 has offered an update for it but it screwed up my display so I rolled back to the previous version, driver 7.15.11.7620 dated 19 July 2008. My...
  7. NVIDIA GT 630 with Windows 10

NVIDIA GT 630 with Windows 10: I have a NVIDIA GT 630. Nothing works. Still code 43 in Device Manager, with the new 355.83!!! I am thinking to go back to Windows 7... 20357
  8. Nvidia gt 980

Nvidia gt 980: Just installed NVidia gt 980 in pc powers up fine but sends no DVI or HDMI signal to the monitor. Any ideas? 37341
  9. A problem with NVIDIA GeForce GT 220

A problem with NVIDIA GeForce GT 220: Hey guys, I got a new PC yesterday (well, for me it's new) but it has problem with the video card. Windows 10 isn't detecting the Display Driver, which is pretty bad because all my games are lagging because of this. When I start the computer, sometimes (not every time)...
  10. NVIDIA control panel not holding his settings after reboot

NVIDIA control panel not holding his settings after reboot: Does anyone knows a solution for NVIDIA control panel not holding his color settings after reboot. Robby 58878