Windows 10: NVIDIA GTX 1060 Max Q won't show up in Device Manager

Discus and support NVIDIA GTX 1060 Max Q won't show up in Device Manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [Inspiron 7577 i5 GTX 1060] I got this laptop a few days ago, at first it ran amazing. I could play most games at ultra. Then I updated to a newer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kraugel, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Kraugel Win User

NVIDIA GTX 1060 Max Q won't show up in Device Manager

[Inspiron 7577 i5 GTX 1060]

I got this laptop a few days ago, at first it ran amazing. I could play most games at ultra.

Then I updated to a newer version of Windows 10[1803] since I still had the factory version of it.

Anyway, after the update I noticed that my games started running slower: 15-20 FPS on 90% of games.​

I checked if my Nvidia drivers were updated. Well, they weren't up to date so I updated them.​

After the update, it told me "Nvidia is incompatible with this version of Windows".​

I started looking for answers online.​

Eventually, I resorted to using DDU and uninstalling all my Nvidia drivers. ​

I tried installing the new Nvidia drivers again, but it still gave me that same "Incompatible" message.​

Then I looked at [Device Manager] and checked my [Display Adapters]: Nvidia wasn't anywhere in this list.​

I ticked the "Show hidden devices" option and I found it greyed out under [Display Adapters].​

I clicked on Properties and it said, "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. {Code 45}"​

I did a factory reset on my laptop to see if that could fix it, it didn't work.​

I panicked and thought, maybe something is broken inside my laptop? Maybe they sent me a faulty version of it?​

Honestly, I don't know what to do. I'm on the verge of just sending it back and having it replaced. It was working great until I decided to update. Please help, I just want to get on with my life. Any solutions or advice is much appreciated.​

:)

Kraugel, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Glushe Win User

Two Drivers in Device Manager (Microsoft Basic Display Adapter + Nvidia Gtx 1060 driver)

I have NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1060 3gb

I5 - 8600k

8gb ram

TUF Gaming h310-plus motherboard.

In other devices PCI Device, PCI Simple Communications Controller, SM Bus Controller it says that drivers are not installed.

Glushe, Sep 8, 2018
  3. My GTX 980ti won`t let me upgrade to Windows 10?

Still says my Nvidia GTX 980Ti won`t work with Windows 10, so I can`t upgrade!!

RichardH754, Sep 8, 2018
  4. NVIDIA GTX 1060 Max Q won't show up in Device Manager

Nvidia GPU not showing up on Device Manager

I have just built a new computer, and have installed windows 10 on it.

I just today (8/8/2018) have put in a Nvidia GTX 1060 6 gb Graphics Card, and I plugged it in correctly, and power is running to it, but it is not showing up on my device manager,

I have tried doing the command prompt thing, show hidden devices, everything.

Please help me out.

Thanks,

Daniel Viola

DanielViola_377, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

NVIDIA GTX 1060 Max Q won't show up in Device Manager

1. NVIDIA GTX 1060 Max Q won't show up in Device Manager - Similar Threads - NVIDIA GTX 1060

2. Nvidia GPU GTX 1060 6gb not detected by system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia GPU GTX 1060 6gb not detected by system: Around about a week ago I purchased a new laptop Microsoft Surface Book 2. Upon opening the laptop, I straight away installed GeForce experience and downloaded the new game ready drivers for my GTX 1060 6gb dedicated gpu. However halfway through installation I accidentally...
  3. Nvidia GPU GTX 1060 6gb not detected by system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia GPU GTX 1060 6gb not detected by system: Around about a week ago I purchased a new laptop Microsoft Surface Book 2. Upon opening the laptop, I straight away installed GeForce experience and downloaded the new game ready drivers for my GTX 1060 6gb dedicated gpu. However halfway through installation I accidentally...
  4. Dell G7 7588 i7 8750h gtx 1060 max q 60hz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell G7 7588 i7 8750h gtx 1060 max q 60hz: I have a dell g7 7588 that is set to 60hz, i recently bought a msi optix g242 gaming monitor at 144hz and was wondering, since the dell g7 7588 has a thunderbolt 3 portwhich should be connected to the nvidia gpu can i get the monitor to work from laptop to monitor using a...
  5. Dell G7 7588 i7 8750H and gtx 1060 max-q design

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell G7 7588 i7 8750H and gtx 1060 max-q design: I recently got this computer a while back sometime november of 2020 and i noticed a few slight changes in how it would run, a few games i would test on this gamin laptop where i would have major fps drops in games, that i never got before ever, i did some research it said to...
  6. Gtx 1060 artifacts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gtx 1060 artifacts: Hello I'm a newbee to pc gaming and bought a 2nd hand pc a few months ago with a 4th gen i5 k processor oc to 4.3ghz, a gtx 1060 6gb and 12gb ddr3 ram. When i first got the pc i was gaming on ultra at 1080p playing far cry 5. In the past week or so I can't seem to game at...
  7. Best way to update NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 drivers?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Best way to update NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 drivers?: I have a Surface Book 2 and it uses the GTX 1060 and Intel UHD Graphics 620. When I look at the drivers on the NVIDIA website and my own drivers for the 1060, it seems I'm out of date. I'm wondering if I need the NVIDIA app or if I can update these drivers through Device...
  8. Best way to update NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Best way to update NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 drivers?: I have a Surface Book 2 and it uses the GTX 1060 and Intel UHD Graphics 620. When I look at the drivers on the NVIDIA website and my own drivers for the 1060, it seems I'm out of date. I'm wondering if I need the NVIDIA app or if I can update these drivers through Device...
  9. Nvidia GPU not showing up on Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nvidia GPU not showing up on Device Manager: I have just built a new computer, and have installed windows 10 on it. I just today (8/8/2018) have put in a Nvidia GTX 1060 6 gb Graphics Card, and I plugged it in correctly, and power is running to it, but it is not showing up on my device manager, I have tried doing...
  10. Nvidia gtx 1060 6gb Digital Vibrance

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia gtx 1060 6gb Digital Vibrance: No matter what I do it will not save my setting on startup. I have to tweak the Digital Vibrance slider to get it to be right?. Does the new update fix this? Is there a work around to get the setting to save right. Don't want to tweak the slider every time I boot up. Is it a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nvidia 1060 not showing

2. GeForce GTX 1060 Max-Q GPUnot showing

3. gtx 1060 not showing up in device manager

4. evga gtx 1060 not showing up,
  5. device manager does not show new GTX 1060,
  6. nvidia 1060 not showing up in device,
  7. device manager nvidia max q,
  8. geForce gyx 1060 wind force not showing in device manager,
  9. GTX 1060 wont show,
  10. nvidia 1060 wont show up