Windows 10: Nvidia gtx260, after every boot, fails to find Sharp TV HDMI plug

Discus and support Nvidia gtx260, after every boot, fails to find Sharp TV HDMI plug in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; ged in. Unless I physically unplug back of cable, and plug it back in. Turn off tv, turn on does not help. So every time PC boots up, Sharp TV is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by sdowney717, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Nvidia gtx260, after every boot, fails to find Sharp TV HDMI plug

ged in.
    Unless I physically unplug back of cable, and plug it back in.
    Turn off tv, turn on does not help.
    So every time PC boots up, Sharp TV is not displaying HDMI image, its black screen.

You know its clearly unacceptable to have to unplug the hdmi cable from back of TV and plug back in just to see the PC screen. Clearly that wears out plugs, and got to rotate TV to do that and I doubt that is the expected behavior. I am not complaining without good reasons. Since the westinghouse always works, and the sharp does not, I blame Sharp for making a cruddy TV.

I have 2 HDTV plugged into 2 HDMI ports on back of card. The westinghouse TV always works.
    If I load up nvidia control panel, only the westinghouse TV is there.
    If I unplug the Sharp TV, then plug it in, then then both TV are there.
    WHY does it do this, who would want to plug and unplug on every boot.

IS there a solution?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...6-cb91bfd8d96f
    MS people had some worthless ideas, but I can try this on next reboot, which I think is a foobar fix...
    I have read bout HDMI issues before, but this is the first time for me.
    Maybe will work for boot too. BUT I should not have to do anything, now notes have to be left to workaround this problem.
    Another site suggest using only 2 foot HDMI cables, get real people, who can use such a short cable.
    - - - Updated - - -

I suppose buying an HDMI switch to disconnect and reconnect, and another cable would work, but I should not have to do spend such cash on that.

Write note and say when no signal to TV, 'toggle HDMI switch back and forth' because its junk TV or junk PC or junk software.
    Either that or its going into the trash, the PC, and the big Sharp TV.

:)

sdowney717, Sep 24, 2019

2. Nvidia gtx260, after every boot, fails to find Sharp TV HDMI plug

ged in.
    Unless I physically unplug back of cable, and plug it back in.
    Turn off tv, turn on does not help.
    So every time PC boots up, Sharp TV is not displaying HDMI image, its black screen.

You know its clearly unacceptable to have to unplug the hdmi cable from back of TV and plug back in just to see the PC screen. Clearly that wears out plugs, and got to rotate TV to do that and I doubt that is the expected behavior. I am not complaining without good reasons. Since the westinghouse always works, and the sharp does not, I blame Sharp for making a cruddy TV.

I have 2 HDTV plugged into 2 HDMI ports on back of card. The westinghouse TV always works.
    If I load up nvidia control panel, only the westinghouse TV is there.
    If I unplug the Sharp TV, then plug it in, then then both TV are there.
    WHY does it do this, who would want to plug and unplug on every boot.

IS there a solution?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...6-cb91bfd8d96f
    MS people had some worthless ideas, but I can try this on next reboot, which I think is a foobar fix...
    I have read bout HDMI issues before, but this is the first time for me.
    Maybe will work for boot too. BUT I should not have to do anything, now notes have to be left to workaround this problem.
    Another site suggest using only 2 foot HDMI cables, get real people, who can use such a short cable.
    - - - Updated - - -

I suppose buying an HDMI switch to disconnect and reconnect, and another cable would work, but I should not have to do spend such cash on that.

Write note and say when no signal to TV, 'toggle HDMI switch back and forth' because its junk TV or junk PC or junk software.
    Either that or its going into the trash, the PC, and the big Sharp TV.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, MS web site had worthless idea about simply using windows key + P as I thought, it did nothing after reboot.
    Only fix so far, replug HDMI.

You cant do that + P unless the HDMI is recognized, as far as windows is concerned, nothing is plugged in, even though it is.
    I will try a 25 foot new Amazon HDMI cable instead of this 6 foot cable later.

- - - Updated - - -

After a reboot and after a while of me doing nothing except repowering the Sharp TV, NVidia panel starts showing a second HDMI nothing monitor called 'digital display' plugged in, had no settings configured, and nothing can make it activate.

- - - Updated - - -

https://social.technet.microsoft.com...0itprohardware
    Tried theses 2 ideas, cntrl shift windows + B, blip off my main monitor, does not activate the other TV
    And tried the disable fast startup, (which was no faster)
    Took another screen shot shows just one detected.
    If I replug, other one will appear.
    About to try linux mint...

- - - Updated - - -

I solved it!
    I went to Nvidia and downloaded most recent driver for card, version 342, windows said driver was up to date, and frankly I did not care to look at the version installed, waste of my time.
    I replugged TV so it would show up, then did the driver install..

I installed without uninstalling anything, on a reboot the TV appeared when the desktop appeared on the main monitor.

sdowney717, Sep 24, 2019
  3. erocker Win User
    Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Sep 24, 2019
  4. DrPepper Win User

Nvidia gtx260, after every boot, fails to find Sharp TV HDMI plug

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

Sound works fine only issue with me is underscan when connecting to my tv.

DrPepper, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

Nvidia gtx260, after every boot, fails to find Sharp TV HDMI plug

1. Nvidia gtx260, after every boot, fails to find Sharp TV HDMI plug - Similar Threads - Nvidia gtx260 every

2. hdmi tv

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hdmi tv: I had hdmi for two years. I cleaned my laptop and now on my tv screen only shows image of my laptop back ground. It will not let me use my tv as a screen, but I do have sound that comes from my tv that is from the laptop. Can anybody explain to me what happen or how to fix...
  3. hdmi tv

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hdmi tv: I had hdmi for two years. I cleaned my laptop and now on my tv screen only shows image of my laptop back ground. It will not let me use my tv as a screen, but I do have sound that comes from my tv that is from the laptop. Can anybody explain to me what happen or how to fix...
  4. hdmi tv

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. hdmi to tv

in Windows 10 Customization
    hdmi to tv: i cant see all of my screen it seem that it is streched both top and bottem cant see the bottem half of my task bare https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-to-tv/17330edf-3ace-49fa-8d45-1a831895338b
  6. sound from HDMI for an GTX260 Nvidia card with 2 heads

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sound from HDMI for an GTX260 Nvidia card with 2 heads: On this PC, with this video card, I cant produce any sound to the monitors. I connected 2 HDTV on this cad, and video is ok, but no sound. But the nvidia driver shows the 2 sound destinations (tv) When you open up playback properties, the only one I can use is speakers, there...
  7. HDMI: Not plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI: Not plugged in: So from day one, my second HDMI port hasn't been working. I plugged in my monitor. Nothing happened. So I switched to the second port. Booted up my PC and the monitor worked. I thought it was a bug. A few years later, I want a second monitor. HDMI port still not working. So I...
  8. Hooked up PC to Sharp Aquos TV (through HDMI), resolution too large

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Hooked up PC to Sharp Aquos TV (through HDMI), resolution too large: When I connected my computer to my TV (again, a Sharp Aquos) and I turned on my TV, the screen resolution is too large. I thought I could just change the resolution through my main monitor, but none of them fit. Right now when I look at my TV, the toolbar is half shown,...
  9. 4K TV Win 10 Secure boot -no signal-nvidia HDMI output

4K TV Win 10 Secure boot -no signal-nvidia HDMI output: LG 4K tv 43uh610v i get no signal from hdmi output until login screen.Blank screen means i cant get into my bios or boot to disks.To do this i have to connect to my old 1080p TV which works .My card is Nvidia gtx 950. By accident discovered that turning off secure boot...
  10. HDMI TV becomes primary monitor when plugged in.

HDMI TV becomes primary monitor when plugged in.: Hello, I have been searching all over for the following problem: I have a normal dekstop-pc setup with a 24" monitor hooked up to the graphics card with a DVI cable. To be able to watch a movie on a bigger screen, I hooked up a standard 40" TV to the graphics card via...