Windows 10: NVIDIA HD Audio driver "wakes up" monitor

Discus and support NVIDIA HD Audio driver "wakes up" monitor in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; It's been only a few days after a fresh Win10 installation and I realized that my monitor keeps waking up after it powers off. Created a 10 min .etl... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by taraxiah, Mar 15, 2021.

1. taraxiah Win User

NVIDIA HD Audio driver "wakes up" monitor

It's been only a few days after a fresh Win10 installation and I realized that my monitor keeps waking up after it powers off.

Created a 10 min .etl file to observe the Dstates and according to [COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1]Windows Performance Analyzer it seems that NVIDIA HD Audio driver is responsible.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1][/COLOR]
    NVIDIA HD Audio driver "wakes up" monitor 08adf9fc-ddf6-418c-bbef-506077ed94ce?upload=true.jpg [COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1][/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1]Does anyone know how to fix that ?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1]Thanks in advance[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1]P.S. I don't know if am interpreting the information of .etl file correctly [/COLOR]

:)

taraxiah, Mar 15, 2021
  2. Kbird Win User

Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version

The AL1220 is not the Nvidia HD Audio. but it looks like your Nvidia HD Audio is also using the Microsoft Driver , not the Nvidia HD Audio Driver, but I also use the M$ Driver as the Nvidia Driver causes my BenQ Monitor not to wake properly from sleep.

You are correct the Realtek 1220 HD Chip should be showing in DM even if you don't do anything , Win10 would install Drivers even if you didn't .....if it found a Hardware Device......it's not disabled in the Bios is it? is it set to HD Audio or AC97 in the Bios?

Perhaps you should contact AsRock T.S. too ....hopefully it is not a faulty Motherboard.

Kbird, Mar 15, 2021
  3. No sound after waking up from sleep mode when audio is through my monitors.

I have the same issue here. (with the same exact monitor you have) So far cant seem to find a solution for it :/. Before this problem i had the issue where when my monitor goes to sleep it wouldnt wake up at all until i restarted the computer.

I ended up fixing that by changing wake up settings on my bios that allows usb devices to wake up computer instead of pressing the power button to wake up.

but now same thing, no audio after sleep unless i restart the computer entirely.

Power cycling the monitor doesnt work either.

What is weird to me is that my computer still recognizes my monitor as a proper sound device and even shows the little audio graph as if audio was playing.

(im also using external speakers using the rear AUX on the monitor)

EDIT:

So i tried reverting my nvidia sound driver to and older one. Uninstalling the Nvidia HD audio via device manager. then click on check for hardware changes. then right click nvidia HD audio and install from my local files instead of automatically online.

This allowed my speakers to play without restarting the computer.

Hopefully this still works after monitor goes to sleep. will update my reply after my monitor sleeps later today.

EDIT#2: further update. reverting nvidia drivers DOES work . after computer fell asleep and i woke it back up the speakers still played audio. i guess something is wrong with the newest nvidia driver and specifically wonks out with this monitor.

Rabbitwings, Mar 15, 2021
  4. erpster4 Win User

Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version

I answered this question in Station drivers forum.

I kinda had this problem with an old proprietary HP M2N68-LA Narra board for an HP computer where the Realtek HD Audio device sometimes won't show up in Device Manager. when that happens the "High Definition Audio Controller" device in System Devices section of Device Manager may have also disappeared as well, taking the Realtek audio device with it. Eventually it turned out to be a faulty board and had to be replaced.

There should be two instances of High Definition Audio Controller device in the System Devices section of Device Manager for the ASRock board, bisko; one for nVidia HD audio and the other for Realtek audio. It was like this with my Gigaybte 78LMT-USB3-R2 board that has AMD HD Audio & Realtek ALC892 audio and has two instances of High Definition Audio Controller devices listed in Device Manager.

erpster4, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

1. NVIDIA HD Audio driver "wakes up" monitor - Similar Threads - NVIDIA Audio driver

2. Solution: Nvidia HD Audio Driver will not install ASUS Z790

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Solution: Nvidia HD Audio Driver will not install ASUS Z790: Credit to Ma2002rio on the ASUS forums for investigating and providing this information to the community:https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/gaming-graphics-cards/nvidia-hd-audio-driver-installation-fails/td-p/975283Having trouble with your NVIDIA HD Audio Driver? For whatever...
  3. Solution: Nvidia HD Audio Driver will not install ASUS Z790

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Solution: Nvidia HD Audio Driver will not install ASUS Z790: Credit to Ma2002rio on the ASUS forums for investigating and providing this information to the community:https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/gaming-graphics-cards/nvidia-hd-audio-driver-installation-fails/td-p/975283Having trouble with your NVIDIA HD Audio Driver? For whatever...
  4. HD audio driver install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HD audio driver install: Hi, I have a Lenovo Idea pad S340-15API, and I'm trying to get my HD audio driver to work, its currently hidden, and my audio is crackling horribly, anytime i try to play a game. how do i install the HD driver? I tried and failed to find it on Realtek's website....
  5. HD audio driver install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HD audio driver install: Hi, I have a Lenovo Idea pad S340-15API, and I'm trying to get my HD audio driver to work, its currently hidden, and my audio is crackling horribly, anytime i try to play a game. how do i install the HD driver? I tried and failed to find it on Realtek's website....
  6. monitor waking up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    monitor waking up: So this has been happing a for a while now. My monitor keeps waking up as if someone moved the mouse. I just built a new pc but this problem was also happening on my old pc too. Is there any way view what caused this? I checked event viewer but found nothing. The computer is...
  7. Monitor will not wake up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor will not wake up: Win10 to latest update. My desktop is set to turn off display after 1 hr but the PC stays running cameras on PC. Before latest updates the display would turn off and with a wiggle of mouse, would wake up. Not anymore. I have to force shutdown of PC because it won't wake...
  8. Nvidia HD audio device

Nvidia HD audio device: I recently reinstalled windows 10 (20H2) with an internet connection present. After the installation and running windows update, I saw that I has the Nvidia HD audio device. I guess that means I had the Nvidia HD audio driver on my PC that Windows automatically provided. I...
  9. No realtek HD audio Driver

No realtek HD audio Driver: Hi, my new predator laptop running windows 10 pro doesnt have realtek hd audio, just Realtek audio. i cannot find realtek in my control panel. Even thou my headphones work in this laptop, they are not detected as headphones, just speakers....
  10. HD Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HD Audio Drivers: Hello, I posted something regarding Realtek Drivers having audio problems due to Audio Enhancements and after hours of installing, reinstalling, uninstalling drivers, it never really got fixed and I just gave up so I just went with the HD Audio Driver where the sound is fine....