Windows 10: NVIDIA Installer cannot continue

Discus and support NVIDIA Installer cannot continue in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello, I download and I try install a driver for my new video-card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 Xtreme Gaming 6G. NVIDIA Graphics Driver Version 373.06... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Pheno Oharra, Oct 10, 2016.

1. NVIDIA Installer cannot continue

Hello,
    I download and I try install a driver for my new video-card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 Xtreme Gaming 6G.
    NVIDIA Graphics Driver Version 373.06 for Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, from official NVIDIA site.
    I give this message:
    This NVIDIA graphics driver is not compatibile with this version of Windows.
    I don;t can install this driver.

:)

Pheno Oharra, Oct 10, 2016
  2. BulldogXX Win User

NVIDIA Installer cannot continue; cannot find compatible graphics hardware

What is a graphics card

What is
    a device driver

If you think a reset is "the lazy way", you are in for quite a surprise.

BulldogXX, Oct 10, 2016
  3. NVIDIA Installer cannot continue; cannot find compatible graphics hardware

It says NVIDIA GTX970M directly on my laptop, guessing it is nvidia but I really have no clue what any of these words mean and what a graphics card or driver is. I went through support and we did all troubleshooting steps and still could not find a solution
    so I am just going to go the lazy way and reset my PC and hope at it works. Thank you for your reply though

sunnylenoir, Oct 10, 2016
  4. Wullail Win User

NVIDIA Installer cannot continue

Have you tried the NVIDIA Geforce Experience app? , let it choose which version to download.

Wullail, Oct 10, 2016
  5. Hello, yes, i try the new version for GeForce Experience 3.0.7.34 and dont work

Pheno Oharra, Oct 10, 2016
  6. bobkn Win User
    I don't know what your problem might be. I am running 373.06.

GTX Titan X (Maxwell).
    Windows 10 X64 1607 (build 14303.223)
    US English

bobkn, Oct 10, 2016
  7. eLPuSHeR Win User
    I think OP must have downloaded wrong version for his system.

eLPuSHeR, Oct 10, 2016
  8. bobkn Win User

That's plausible, but he (she) wrote otherwise.

bobkn, Oct 11, 2016
  9. Yes thank you, i upgrade my OP with Windows 10 X64 1607 and now all work ok*Smile

Pheno Oharra, Oct 11, 2016
  10. I had same issue with two versions of Win10 and running the NVidia update again after a restart worked the 2nd time I tried it. I bet you chose "clean install" as well.

John Pombrio, Oct 14, 2016
  11. Yes, thank you, i uninstall with IObit Uninstaller and i try the last upgrade for Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. After restart i can download, install and use GeForce Experience and i can find my specific GeForce nVidia GTX 1060 Xtreme Gaming driver. After download, install and restart, all work good.
    Thank you all for help *Smile

Pheno Oharra, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. NVIDIA Installer cannot continue - Similar Threads - NVIDIA Installer cannot

2. Installation cannot continue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installation cannot continue: The keyboard DLL file supporting Nepali Unicode Traditional Layout named trad.dll already exists on this machine in the system directory. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-cannot-continue/6690739f-fa9c-4430-a851-dec1d366787c
  3. Installation cannot continue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installation cannot continue: The keyboard DLL file supporting Nepali Unicode Traditional Layout named trad.dll already exists on this machine in the system directory. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-cannot-continue/6690739f-fa9c-4430-a851-dec1d366787c
  4. Installation cannot continue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Continuous crashes after a failed NVIDIA Driver installation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Continuous crashes after a failed NVIDIA Driver installation.: After restarting the Laptop by force during Nvidia driver update, windows seem to crash into a Blue Screen.While finishing up the Nvidia driver update through Geforce Experience my laptop froze. I restarted it with the power button. However, now the Laptop crashes after a...
  6. Continuous crashes after a failed NVIDIA Driver installation.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Continuous crashes after a failed NVIDIA Driver installation.: After restarting the Laptop by force during Nvidia driver update, windows seem to crash into a Blue Screen.While finishing up the Nvidia driver update through Geforce Experience my laptop froze. I restarted it with the power button. However, now the Laptop crashes after a...
  7. After Windows Update, Nvidia Installer cannot continue...This graphics driver could not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Windows Update, Nvidia Installer cannot continue...This graphics driver could not...: Hello,My Gaming LaptopAcer Predator Helios 300 is new and barely 7 months old. When I'm working inside of Unity or Maya or Connect an external display, the computer kept crashing into Blue Screen of Death. The last time it happened I checked the problem details under Windows...
  8. After Windows Update, Nvidia Installer cannot continue...This graphics driver could not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After Windows Update, Nvidia Installer cannot continue...This graphics driver could not...: Hello,My Gaming LaptopAcer Predator Helios 300 is new and barely 7 months old. When I'm working inside of Unity or Maya or Connect an external display, the computer kept crashing into Blue Screen of Death. The last time it happened I checked the problem details under Windows...
  9. NVIDIA Installer cannot continue on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA Installer cannot continue on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Some users may encounter the NVIDIA Installer cannot continue issue with NVIDIA graphics drivers while they are carrying out a fresh install of Windows 10. […] This article NVIDIA Installer cannot continue on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. Nvidia Installer Cannot Continue/Driver Installation Failed Win 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia Installer Cannot Continue/Driver Installation Failed Win 10: Hello. I am on Windows 10 1607 (not a Windows upgrade problem because I've been on the same version with this gfx card for a several months with no issues) I had an update for Nvidia GTX 950 drivers that failed to auto update. I tried to do a manual update and that failed...