Windows 10: NVIDIA Introduces GeForce GTX 1080

Discus and support NVIDIA Introduces GeForce GTX 1080 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [MEDIA] [IMG] Powered by Pascal Architecture, Delivers up to 2x Performance and 3X Efficiency of GeForce GTX TITAN X NVIDIA today... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 6, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

NVIDIA Introduces GeForce GTX 1080

Source: A Quantum Leap in Gaming: NVIDIA Introduces GeForce GTX 1080 | NVIDIA Newsroom

See also:

:)

Brink, May 6, 2016

2. Windows 10 - installing video card drivers fails

I would like to locate Windows 10 update for NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1070 / 1080 GPU drivers?

Herman Smith 2058, May 6, 2016
  3. DukeAmin Win User
    Displays

Hey man

Which driver do i select i have 2 options

Intel(R) HD Graphics 630

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

Thanks

DukeAmin, May 6, 2016
  4. essenbe Win User

If it gives the performance it claims, the price is very reasonable.

essenbe, May 6, 2016
  5. swarfega Win User
    I'm definitely upgrading to the 1070.

swarfega, May 7, 2016
  6. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    That's cool.
    It's been a LONG time since the last series upgrade!

7. If benchmarks line up with what they're claiming, the 1080 may be a day 1 purchase for me, assuming I can find it in stock.

blackroseMD1, May 7, 2016
  8. NVIDIA Introduces GeForce GTX 1080

I guess that depends on which Pascal card (1070-1080, 1080 Founders Edition), whether you have U.S. dollars to spend (I don't) and a consideration of what the price/performance might be for newer technology (a 1080TI or Volta/Vega) which should be available early next year.

Seems there is now a $100 U.S. premium on an overclockable Pascal. So looking at the 1080 Founders Edition that $699 U.S. is $900 Canadian. I have never seen CDN prices as a straight conversion, always seem to be priced higher. It wouldn't surprise me if that overclockable 1080 goes o the market for $1,200 CDN, after 16% sales taxes.

The 1080 standard edition is expected to be no faster than an overclocked 980TI. The overclocked 1080 is expected to be 15% faster than an overclocked 980TI. We will have to wait for the real game benchmarks but see these comments from the guru 3D forums:

NVIDIA Introduces GeForce GTX 1080 [​IMG]

Used 980TI's will soon be flooding the market at very reasonable prices. That's also something to consider especially since a 1080TI or Volta should be coming next year. As one member on the Guru forums put it:

For me, that's $1,200 on a card that might age like milk! I find the purchase of a video card a very personal decision. There is no right or wrong, it's what your needs are and what makes you happy. I would simply suggest to anyone to do their research, knowing what's available and what may be coming, if you can wait. Additionally, I haven't seen much about how the 1070-1080 is handling Async Compute or any additional Direct X 12 feature level. The 1080 Founders Edition did, however, perform very well in Tomb Raider (DX12) from Nvidia's presentation.

Smart move for me would likely be a used 980Ti, a 1070 or even a Polaris 10 and/or to wait to see what's available in 2017. Not saying I'll do that because gaming is about fun.*Smile

Generally, however, I find $1,200 for even a high end video card a bit much. My winter car cost me less than that and causes me no problems whatsoever, no stutters no driver crashes and no blank windows 10 start screens*Wink

specialkone, May 7, 2016
  9. I had money earmarked for a new GPU anyway this month, so I'm at the point of deciding between getting a second 980Ti for SLI or going with the 1080. There's so much unknown right now, since reviewers are under NDA, that anything like those Guru3D posts are really just educated guesses. Rumor is that the NDA lifts on the 17th, so hopefully we'll know for sure soon. Personally, I'm leaning towards just selling my current 980Ti and going with the single 1080, just because of all the funkiness I've had with SLI in the past.

10. Ya, no way I will be going with a multi gpu configuration. Not clear to me how many DX12 games will support it and I certainly won't pay $1,200 times two.

Indeed we need to see real world gaming benchmarks. This slide, however, from Nvidia was impressive. That's benching the founder edition.

Did you see the 1080 founder edition running Epic's Paragon demo? It was running at 2.1GHZ and the 5X memory was running at 5.5GHZ. All this at 67 degrees celcius. That's insane.

I assume if you move from a 980TI it will be the 1080 Founders Edition. Nice. I have to see numbers and reviews as well. Who knows, maybe I'll join you. Don't you think going with a second 980TI is a little boring *Sleepy. Besides, based on recent history, that second card will be sound asleep in most DX12 titles.

specialkone, May 7, 2016
  11. I'm looking at the Founder's Edition, but I've never been a big fan of the reference model style. I may hold out for a nice EVGA 1080 with an ACX cooling system on it. Yeah, another 980Ti would be a bit boring. It's pretty funny that Nvidia chose this month, right when I'm getting ready for another GPU, to release their new cards. It's almost serendipitous. hahaha

12. essenbe Win User
    If you are going by performance and the 1080 is twice as fast as a Titan X at roughly $500 less money, that's a good deal. Whether it is, in fact, twice as fast as the Titan, time will tell. The Titan X is around $1150 (US) right now. The reference model 1080 is supposed to be around $650 from what I've seen. So, the 1080 sounds like a good deal to me. I am not saying I intend to buy one. I am going to wait and see, and also may just wait for the 1080 TI and see what it's like. I'm in no hurry, and doubt I would buy the reference model anyway. My 980 Classified does everything I need right now anyway. I'm not in a hurry and can tell you I won't be a day 1 purchaser. But, if I can get twice the performance for close to half the price, I consider that a good deal.

essenbe, May 8, 2016
  13. NVIDIA Introduces GeForce GTX 1080

It's just wonderful when you hear something like this that basically dumps all over the £2000 desktop scrimped and saved for over a couple years and still only a few months old - it all moves too fast and unfortunately the wallet cannot keep pace. Whether it be PCs, iPhones, iPads, TVs etc - I know things have to move forward but shame it's so quick!

Scottyboy99, May 8, 2016
  14. So that will mean it will be around 750-800? Well... I will be impressed!

UltraTechnic446, May 8, 2016
  15. Pendaws Win User
    Just a straight conversion from USD to AUD is $960.00 as of today. Then, if the Australia tax is added, I can see this BIG card being WELL over $1000.00

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2016/05/yo...-in-australia/

Eventually, people here in OZ will give up on wanting one of these cards, far too much to spend on them and they have a life expectancy of about 1 year before the NEWER one comes, what ever that be. *Sad

Pendaws, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. NVIDIA Introduces GeForce GTX 1080 - Similar Threads - NVIDIA Introduces GeForce

2. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Code 43

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Code 43: I was working and all of a sudden the resolution on my computer went down. Looking at the device manager I found my graphics card with the code 43. I've updated the driversthe one below is the latest one but, nothing gets fixed is there anything that could fix this?...
  3. NVIDIA introduces new GeForce GTX 1660 and 1650 Super GPUs

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA introduces new GeForce GTX 1660 and 1650 Super GPUs: [ATTACH] SANTA CLARA, Calif., Oct. 29, 2019 In the latest addition to its GeForce® GTX® family of gaming GPUs, NVIDIA today unveiled the GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER -- the successor to its most successful GPU ever -- as well as the GeForce 1650 SUPER. [img] [img] Designed to...
  4. NVIDIA introduces GeForce GTX 1650 Turing GPUs

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA introduces GeForce GTX 1650 Turing GPUs: Welcome to GeForce GTX PC gaming. NVIDIA today launched worldwide the GeForce GTX 1650, giving you smooth performance on the latest games. With the arrival of the GTX 1650, our acclaimed Turing family of GeForce GTX GPUs now starts at $149. The GTX 1650 is the perfect...
  5. NVIDIA introduces new GeForce GTX 1660 Ti gaming GPU

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA introduces new GeForce GTX 1660 Ti gaming GPU: [img] Powered by 12th-Gen Turing Architecture, GTX 1660 Ti up to 3x Faster Than GTX 960, 1.5x Than GTX 1060; Available Today NVIDIA today introduced the GeForce® GTX® 1660 Ti, a new gaming GPU that delivers a big step up in performance and power efficiency for today’s most...
  6. Possible conflict: Epson Perfection V850, Windows 10, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Possible conflict: Epson Perfection V850, Windows 10, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics...: I have a brand new Epson Perfection V850 scanner. A fairly high-end scanner for 35 mm film. It scans in 3 modes and the more advanced modes (Home & Pro) are producing inferior results to the Auto mode. Epson tech support does not seem to want to consider that this is a driver...
  7. Cannot Update NVIDIA GeForce 1080 Drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Cannot Update NVIDIA GeForce 1080 Drivers: Curious to know where to go from here as far as installing drivers. I wanted to reinstall the most current driver I had for this card due to some weird performance issues i was noticing and most of my research online was pointing to a possible corruption of drivers. So,... i...
  8. Introducing NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 and 1050 Ti for laptops

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 and 1050 Ti for laptops: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Unleash your gaming dominance with the revolutionary new GPUs that turn your mobile rig into a sleek, powerful gaming weapon. GeForce® GTX 10-Series GPUs have now come to laptops, powered by the game-changing NVIDIA Pascal™...
  9. NVIDIA Introduces GeForce GTX 1050 and 1050 Ti

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA Introduces GeForce GTX 1050 and 1050 Ti: We’re adding two new gaming GPUs to our award-winning lineup of NVIDIA-Pascal based GPUs — the GeForce GTX 1050, starting at $109, and the GTXD 1050 Ti, starting at $139. Both will let you play your favorite games at a smooth 60 frames-per-second. Built on the same...
  10. NVIDIA GeForce GTX Gaming Celebration Livestream

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX Gaming Celebration Livestream: Watch NVIDIA’s Ultimate GeForce GTX Gaming Event and GTX 1080 Ti Announcement / Livestream Here at 6:30 PM from GDC 2017. [MEDIA] Also view on Facebook: NVIDIA Unveils GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, World’s Fastest Gaming GPU “Are you ready?” NVIDIA CEO Jen-Hsun...