Windows 10: NVidia introduces Max Frame Rate setting marking an end to V & G Sync

Discus and support NVidia introduces Max Frame Rate setting marking an end to V & G Sync in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; So basically for a decade now people were given riddles about why their high end rigs are "Tearing" (Lite or heavy stuttering on monitors on movement... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Jan 12, 2020.

1. NVidia introduces Max Frame Rate setting marking an end to V & G Sync

So basically for a decade now people were given riddles about why their high end rigs are "Tearing" (Lite or heavy stuttering on monitors on movement or sometimes standing still) .

The offered solution was always to direct them to activate what is called V-Sync option for those with monitors with refresh rates of 60 Hz and G-Sync option for those with 120+ Hz monitors .

It was slowly belt that apparently recent GPUs come now more powerful than monitors' capabilities (Back in the 2k era if we could render a game at 30 fps (Frames Per Second) we would feel blessed that our eyes wont strain any more but now we take games to the edge by selecting ultra graphics settings profile and yet a modern GPU like an NVidia 2070+ may well render it still at close to 200 fps) .

A rule of thumb was established , 60 Hz monitors (Almost all laptops' monitors and the majority of the HD/FHD monitors in circulation) were capable of displaying up to 60 fps , if more frames were given it would start to tear , on the other hand 120+ Hz monitors were capable of displaying equivalent number of frames to Hz capability of the monitor (i.e 120 fps on 120 Hz monitors , 144 fps on 144 Hz monitors and so forth) and tearing would still happen if given more fps .

Now to remedy that tearing effect technologies like V-Sync & G-Sync were introduced where people (even techs) knew little about how they work or were given odd theoretical explanations about what they do , but basically what these cuties officially did was discarding the extra fps above what the monitor can handle .

Now if you come to think of it this had never been the optimum solution , basically because the GPU was working harder than needed consuming power and producing heat and shortening its life span .

Now finally with the introduction of "Max Frame Rate" starting driver version 441.87 you can put an end to all these blahs . With the GPU working at core to produce frames to the ceiling of your display , no more tearing , no more extra power , no more heat , longer life , optimization baby .

So setting it up is pretty simple :

1 - Identify your screen Hz *

2 - Right click your Desktop then choose "NVIDIA Control Panel"

NVidia introduces Max Frame Rate setting marking an end to V & G Sync [​IMG]

3 - On left panel choose "3D Settings" then "Manage 3D Settings"

4 - On the right side head to "Global Settings" then scroll till you find "Max Frame Rate"

5 - Set its value to 2 frames less than your Hz value **

6 - Apply and you are done for good !

#GPU_Optimization

Cheers

*Cool

P.S This thing is brand new , so I am expecting some glitching for some so be ready to re-activate Sync back if it doesn't work its wonders for you until the option is solid .

* Right click your Desktop and select "Display Settings" then "Display" then "Advanced display settings" then "Display Adapter Properties For Display 1" , from window that opens select the "Monitor" tab then click on the dropdown box called "Screen Refresh Rate" (Largest value of Hertz you see will be your monitor's maximum Hz capability) .

** The 2 frames less is a recommendation by NVidia probably a safety margin for glitching

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Jan 12, 2020

2. NVidia introduces Max Frame Rate setting marking an end to V & G Sync

So basically for a decade now people were given riddles about why their high end rigs are "Tearing" (Lite or heavy stuttering on monitors on movement or sometimes standing still) .

The offered solution was always to direct them to activate what is called V-Sync option for those with monitors with refresh rates of 60 Hz and G-Sync option for those with 120+ Hz monitors .

It was slowly belt that apparently recent GPUs come now more powerful than monitors' capabilities (Back in the 2k era if we could render a game at 30 fps (Frames Per Second) we would feel blessed that our eyes wont strain any more but now we take games to the edge by selecting ultra graphics settings profile and yet a modern GPU like an NVidia 2070+ may well render it still at close to 200 fps) .

A rule of thumb was established , 60 Hz monitors (Almost all laptops' monitors and the majority of the HD/FHD monitors in circulation) were capable of displaying up to 60 fps , if more frames were given it would start to tear , on the other hand 120+ Hz monitors were capable of displaying equivalent number of frames to Hz capability of the monitor (i.e 120 fps on 120 Hz monitors , 144 fps on 144 Hz monitors and so forth) and tearing would still happen if given more fps .

Now to remedy that tearing effect technologies like V-Sync & G-Sync were introduced where people (even techs) knew little about how they work or were given odd theoretical explanations about what they do , but basically what these cuties officially did was discarding the extra fps above what the monitor can handle .

Now if you come to think of it this had never been the optimum solution , basically because the GPU was working harder than needed consuming power and producing heat and shortening its life span .

Now finally with the introduction of "Max Frame Rate" starting driver version 441.87 you can put an end to all these blahs . With the GPU working at core to produce frames to the ceiling of your display , no more tearing , no more extra power , no more heat , longer life , optimization baby .

So setting it up is pretty simple :

1 - Identify your screen Hz *

2 - Right click your Desktop then choose "NVIDIA Control Panel"

3 - On left panel choose "3D Settings" then "Manage 3D Settings"

4 - On the right side head to "Global Settings" then scroll till you find "Max Frame Rate"

5 - Set its value to 2 frames less than your Hz value **

6 - Apply and you are done for good !

#GPU_Optimization

Cheers

*Cool

P.S This thing is brand new , so I am expecting some glitching for some so be ready to re-activate Sync back if it doesn't work its wonders for you until the option is solid .

* Right click your Desktop and select "Display Settings" then "Display" then "Advanced display settings" then "Display Adapter Properties For Display 1" , from window that opens select the "Monitor" tab then click on the dropdown box called "Screen Refresh Rate" (Largest value of Hertz you see will be your monitor's maximum Hz capability) .

** The 2 frames less is a recommendation by NVidia probably a safety margin for glitching

nIGHTmAYOR, Jan 12, 2020
  3. NVidia introduces Max Frame Rate setting marking an end to V & G Sync

As mentioned in post :
    - V & G Sync is like making the GPU work at its maximum potential then discarding what the screen can't display .

- Frame limiting is making the GPU work to as much as the screen can display .

Hence :

* Removing some of the workload off the GPU should theoretically introduce more stability as a result of less generated heat and demand for power .

* For laptops this may come handy as a power saving option too *Cool

nIGHTmAYOR, Jan 12, 2020
  4. NVidia introduces Max Frame Rate setting marking an end to V & G Sync

NVidia introduces Max Frame Rate setting marking an end to V & G Sync

Thanks for the compliment , and as for why the 2 frames , is more like probably they expect minor ups and downs in fps in whatever method they came up with to control frame rates weather caused by bus lag or a minor mathematical glitch in algorithm , so they leave up to 2 frames as an error margin in case fps slips higher than limit so not to cause random artification .

nIGHTmAYOR, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

NVidia introduces Max Frame Rate setting marking an end to V & G Sync

1. NVidia introduces Max Frame Rate setting marking an end to V & G Sync - Similar Threads - NVidia introduces Max

2. frame rate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    frame rate: I kindly ask you a question about frame rate of streaming movies with the os win11. As you know ex. on Prime video or Netflix or Disney+, some movies are played at 24hz, 23hz and some others at 50hz. Every time I have to select manually the correct frame rate in the setting....
  3. frame rate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    frame rate: I kindly ask you a question about frame rate of streaming movies with the os win11. As you know ex. on Prime video or Netflix or Disney+, some movies are played at 24hz, 23hz and some others at 50hz. Every time I have to select manually the correct frame rate in the setting....
  4. max frame rate of microsoft photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    max frame rate of microsoft photos app: Is the max frame rate of the microsoft photos app still 30 fps or has it been increased to 60 fps?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/max-frame-rate-of-microsoft-photos-app/11956982-eae7-46ed-9795-22ac49109446
  5. max frame rate of microsoft photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    max frame rate of microsoft photos app: Is the max frame rate of the microsoft photos app still 30 fps or has it been increased to 60 fps?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/max-frame-rate-of-microsoft-photos-app/11956982-eae7-46ed-9795-22ac49109446
  6. Frame rate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Frame rate: How do i make my frame rate faster when playing games or doing work? mostly its games what can I do to make it better? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/frame-rate/1cb0d1e6-7340-4850-9ddf-a518d510098f
  7. Best settings for gaming (NVIDIA/G-Sync/etc)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Best settings for gaming (NVIDIA/G-Sync/etc): Hi, I have a GTX 1060 6GB and an AOC Agon AG271QG which is 1440p, G-Sync and 165 Hz refresh rate. Now.. I know my 1060 is not able to take advantage of that monitor, but to get the most out of my GPU I want to know what game settings I should be choosing. I would like to...
  8. Nvidia's G-Sync finally supporting A sync monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia's G-Sync finally supporting A sync monitors: Pretty stoked that Nvidia are finally going to support adaptive sync Monitors to use G-Sync features. More can be found here on it: NVIDIA to certify Adaptive-Sync monitors to support G-Sync - VideoCardz.com 124923
  9. Frame rate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frame rate: I have a strange problem. problems I have playing Battlefield 4 sometimes the computer will buzz and then blue screen and sometimes it will buzz and I just lose sound, also playing Star Wars Battlefront frame rates will drop to 12 I can double-click the Windows button on the...
  10. Introducing NVIDIA TITAN V (Volta)

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing NVIDIA TITAN V (Volta): NVIDIA today introduced TITAN V, the world’s most powerful GPU for the PC, driven by the world’s most advanced GPU architecture, NVIDIA Volta.Announced by NVIDIA founder and CEO Jensen Huang at the annual NIPS conference, TITAN V excels at computational processing for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. max frame rate setting g sync

2. max v-sync rate