Windows 10: Nvidia Issues

Discus and support Nvidia Issues in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hey, I am quite new with W10 (had 10074 in a VM but that doesn't count *Smile), installed 10130 yesterday. I accidentally installed the Win7/8... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by GokAy, Jun 30, 2015.

1. GokAy Win User

Nvidia Issues

Hey,

I am quite new with W10 (had 10074 in a VM but that doesn't count *Smile), installed 10130 yesterday.

I accidentally installed the Win7/8 drivers *Redface and 3d vision is not working (no option in NV CC).
    Also my GTX 480, for dedicated PhysX, shows as "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)".

Unless there is a known issue with such a setup, I guess I need to be doing a clean re-install of GPU drivers. However, I don't know how I can do it in W10. Anyone would like to guide me please? *Smile

:)

GokAy, Jun 30, 2015
  2. kjl1956 Win User

Nvidia 745h Issues

You could have a mix of nvidia drivers from nvidia and microsoft basic display driver.

I would get the nvidia driver from nvidia web page Artificial Intelligence Computing Leadership from NVIDIA

Left top select driver, make sure you pick the right

one and correct os, win 10 is on the very top.

Is the gforce experience icon on your taskbar and if

you right right click the desktop there should be nvidia

control panel listed.

If you do not have both of these then you have the basic drive.

Nvidia geforce experience can optimize your games and

you have to set some of the things in it to your preference.

Nvidia control panel gives you a lot of settings to set

(default ) options and individual game settings.

You cant get the nvidia drivers through windows update or

device manager.

Are you on the home or pro edition of win10 because win10 home

users have no control of updates, be it software or hardware.

Drivers | GeForce

You should be able to get both intel and nvidia drivers from for

your asus directly from them; that is what I would try first.

Nvidia Issues [​IMG]

kjl1956, Jun 30, 2015
  3. Issues with Nvidia SLI

I know exactly how to upgrade my graphics driver I've been working in the computer industry for nearly 20 years. Going to device manager is pointless if I can't even see my screen. It doesn't change the fact that Windows shouldn't be forcing the graphics
    driver on us. Thank you for trying to help but please try and read the questions before responding.

LLOYDFRANKLIN, Jun 30, 2015
  4. Nvidia Issues

I'd recommend using DDU in Safe Mode to uninstall the drivers, and then install the latest Windows 10 drivers. Driver 353.38 is working great for me with my GTX 970s.

You can get DDU here: Wagnard Tools

blackroseMD1, Jun 30, 2015
  5. GokAy Win User
    Alright, here is an update. After uninstalling in Safe Mode with DDU, I installed 353.30 (didn't see any .38 - typo ?). Unfortunately, it didn't change anything. 480 stopped and 3d vision non-existent.

Then I tried installing 352.84 and voila. Both problems are solved. I tried 3d vision too with built-in test. At first I had 2 displays on, and the test app had trouble initializing, screen going funny. Task manager didn't help but I could log off. Then tried with 1 display enabled and it worked as expected.

I guess I will have to be careful with updates for a while.

Now, I have Logitech F710 (I found some instructions online) to be installed. Not tonight though. *Smile

Do I need to do a anything to enable automatic driver installation again? I believe DDU disabled it.

GokAy, Jul 1, 2015
  6. 353.38 is a hotfix driver which you can get here: GeForce Hotfix driver 353.38

If 352.84 is working for you, then I wouldn't worry much right now. Once W10 hits RTM, then I'd look at updating to new drivers.

You shouldn't need to do anything to enable automatic driver installation again. I've never had to.

Glad to hear you got things working right.

blackroseMD1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Nvidia Issues

1. Nvidia Issues - Similar Threads - Nvidia Issues

2. Issue Kernel-Power Error 41 Code 278 NVIDIA Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue Kernel-Power Error 41 Code 278 NVIDIA Drivers: I've just finished do a building and after installing the GPU driver I have this issues.Currently I've try to change the PSU from a Gigabyte 1000W to a Seasonic 850W, this didn't fix the issue.I've managed to get the content of the MEMORY.DMP file from one of the crashes,...
  3. Issue Kernel-Power Error 41 Code 278 NVIDIA Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue Kernel-Power Error 41 Code 278 NVIDIA Drivers: I've just finished do a building and after installing the GPU driver I have this issues.Currently I've try to change the PSU from a Gigabyte 1000W to a Seasonic 850W, this didn't fix the issue.I've managed to get the content of the MEMORY.DMP file from one of the crashes,...
  4. Persistent NVIDIA GPU Issue with Code 43 on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent NVIDIA GPU Issue with Code 43 on Windows 11: Despite the GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Max-Q Design being recognized in the BIOS and listed in Device Manager, it does not appear in Task Manager. As a result, my system defaults to using the integrated IntelR UHD Graphics.In Device Manager, next to the driver, a Code 43...
  5. Persistent NVIDIA GPU Issue with Code 43 on Windows 11

Persistent NVIDIA GPU Issue with Code 43 on Windows 11: Despite the GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Max-Q Design being recognized in the BIOS and listed in Device Manager, it does not appear in Task Manager. As a result, my system defaults to using the integrated IntelR UHD Graphics.In Device Manager, next to the driver, a Code 43...
  6. Pc BSOD and issues with Nvidia gpu drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc BSOD and issues with Nvidia gpu drivers: My pc had issues after a BIOS update, where the GPU no longer outputs to display and Nvidia drivers fail to install or do install and bsod the pc. Even when they do install the gpu outputs still fail to work. I've tried using DDU to remove the Nvidia drivers and download...
  7. Pc BSOD and issues with Nvidia gpu drivers

Pc BSOD and issues with Nvidia gpu drivers: My pc had issues after a BIOS update, where the GPU no longer outputs to display and Nvidia drivers fail to install or do install and bsod the pc. Even when they do install the gpu outputs still fail to work. I've tried using DDU to remove the Nvidia drivers and download...
  8. Pc BSOD and issues with Nvidia gpu drivers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Laptop issue - no nvidia graphics card for gaming after bluescreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop issue - no nvidia graphics card for gaming after bluescreen: Hi,During a gaming session my laptop bluescreened, and after a reboot, it does not detect my NVIDIA graphics card for gaming, only the slower intel card used for other tasks.Attempts to install NVIDIA drivers result in a bluescreen mid-installation. even with clean install...
  10. Laptop issue - no nvidia graphics card for gaming after bluescreen

Laptop issue - no nvidia graphics card for gaming after bluescreen: Hi,During a gaming session my laptop bluescreened, and after a reboot, it does not detect my NVIDIA graphics card for gaming, only the slower intel card used for other tasks.Attempts to install NVIDIA drivers result in a bluescreen mid-installation. even with clean install...