Windows 10: Nvidia Laptop Screen Hertz Changing when being Plugged.

Discus and support Nvidia Laptop Screen Hertz Changing when being Plugged. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My laptop screen has 2 hertz options, 60 and 144, my problem is that whenever it goes onto 144 Hertz the screen begins messing up and is unusable, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MagmaWeb_, Sep 2, 2021.

1. MagmaWeb_ Win User

Nvidia Laptop Screen Hertz Changing when being Plugged.

My laptop screen has 2 hertz options, 60 and 144, my problem is that whenever it goes onto 144 Hertz the screen begins messing up and is unusable, the laptop is being replaced in a couple months but I still need to use it. The hertz changes whenever it is plugged in. there is nothing on the internet on how to stop this from changing especially on a Nvidia & AMD laptop, is there a way to stop it and how?

:)

MagmaWeb_, Sep 2, 2021

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Sep 2, 2021
  3. Increasing Screen hertz automatically reduces resolution

Hi Abd,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. Don’t worry. We will assist to resolve this issue.

By default the hertz in Windows 10 is 60.
    I would suggest you to update your graphic card drivers and check if it helps.

You can update drivers from the Device Manager.

• Right click on start button and click on Device manager.
      • Select Display Drivers.
      • Right click on the Display drivers and select
        Properties.
      • Click on the device tab and select Update driver.

Try the above step and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 2, 2021
  4. Geethu B Win User

Laptop Screen goes dark when I Plug in or plug out.

Hi Haifz,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that your laptop screen goes black while plugging the charger.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know what is the model number of the laptop?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Outdated or corrupt driver.
    • Missing Windows Updates.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install all the latest device drivers including graphics and chipset driver from the computer manufacturer website.

http://support.asus.com/download/Options.aspx?SLanguage=en&type=1

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Sep 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Nvidia Laptop Screen Hertz Changing when being Plugged. - Similar Threads - Nvidia Laptop Screen

2. Do changing the Hertz affect my 60 hertz laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do changing the Hertz affect my 60 hertz laptop?: I have a 60 hertz laptop, and i play games that depending on the hertz, they get a HUGE advantage when changing the hertz. Is this good for my laptop or will it end up breaking my laptop?...
  3. Do changing the Hertz affect my 60 hertz laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do changing the Hertz affect my 60 hertz laptop?: I have a 60 hertz laptop, and i play games that depending on the hertz, they get a HUGE advantage when changing the hertz. Is this good for my laptop or will it end up breaking my laptop?...
  4. Why does half of my screen turn black when I open my laptop or change the hertz?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does half of my screen turn black when I open my laptop or change the hertz?: Hello,Newly when I close or turn off my laptop and reopen it, half of my screen turn black and slowly reverts back. I noticed a yellow tone on the area that wasn't black. This also happens when I change the hertz of the laptop too. I have tried factory resetting the laptop...
  5. Why does half of my screen turn black when I open my laptop or change the hertz?

Why does half of my screen turn black when I open my laptop or change the hertz?: Hello,Newly when I close or turn off my laptop and reopen it, half of my screen turn black and slowly reverts back. I noticed a yellow tone on the area that wasn't black. This also happens when I change the hertz of the laptop too. I have tried factory resetting the laptop...
  6. Laptop screen brightness keeps changing randomly when not plugged in to power.

Laptop screen brightness keeps changing randomly when not plugged in to power.: Dell Inspiron 3520 Windows 10 Screen brightness dims suddenly & briefly every few seconds, but only when on battery. No problem when plugged in to mains. Have just got a new battery as old one completely dead.Any suggestions how to resolve this welcome! Many thanks...
  7. Laptop screen brightness keeps changing randomly when not plugged in to power.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop screen brightness keeps changing randomly when not plugged in to power.: Dell Inspiron 3520 Windows 10 Screen brightness dims suddenly & briefly every few seconds, but only when on battery. No problem when plugged in to mains. Have just got a new battery as old one completely dead.Any suggestions how to resolve this welcome! Many thanks...
  8. mouse hertz

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse hertz: hi, i was wondering if it is possible to change the hertz on a mousepad and if so, how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-hertz/9b592b1e-7ba5-46e5-9d60-36259d040fdb
  9. The screen refresh rate of my laptop gets changed when the laptop is not plugged in.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The screen refresh rate of my laptop gets changed when the laptop is not plugged in.: Hello. I've just reinstalled windows on my current machine, and I've noticed that whenever the power is not plugged in, the screen refresh rate gets changed the screen gets turned off, and then when it turns on the refresh rate is changed. I didn't have this problem before...
  10. Headset not being recognized when plugged into laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset not being recognized when plugged into laptop: I've been having an issue for a couple of weeks now, where I can't seem to get my headset to work properly. Whenever I plug it into my computer, the sound will work fine (audio comes out of the headset instead of the laptop speakers), but the mic doesn't get used (mic on the...