Windows 10: Nvidia Laptop users using NVSlimmer beware - Hell Corner

Discus and support Nvidia Laptop users using NVSlimmer beware - Hell Corner in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; So this fine day I woke up to my laptop's second GPU being recognized as not working 3D Video Card , everything surrounding the case seemed like it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Nvidia Laptop users using NVSlimmer beware - Hell Corner

So this fine day I woke up to my laptop's second GPU being recognized as not working 3D Video Card , everything surrounding the case seemed like it went busted , it wouldn't update driver , attempting to remove the driver worked , but re-installing it using official stock package failed , attempting to uninstalling it via DDU seemed useless since even DDU wouldn't recognize it as an NVIDIA GPU .

So to cut it short after further tinkering it turns out that since I have been using NVSlimmer for a while now (a bloatware remover for NVIDIA drivers) I was accustomed to using it in its most default settings (Core Display Driver / Install Core / PhysX) so I noticed that there was an option I always overlooked which was "Optimus Support" , I added it to the defaults and to my surprise the driver managed to install smoothly and GPU went back online while the stock package wouldn't .

So I've always known that "Optimus" technology was essential for laptops to allow "Dual GPU Setups" where if absent it may be required to turn off the Intel GPU from desktop's motherboard bios to allow the NVIDIA to enable . But I never even bothered paying attention to what NVSlimmer does I just had it do what it do in defaults for well over a year of use now .

What I still can't find an answer to yet is why did windows allow me for this whole time to work in "Dual GPU Setup" in absence of "Optimus" but yet waking up this fine day to "Hey , this doesn't seem right !" ...

So anyways this is a heads up solution if it ever came up to this to any of you .

Cheers

*Cool

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Dec 22, 2019
  2. Cr00zng Win User

On upgrading your system beware of 16+ GBs RAM - Hell Corner

I was just curious... With an Ivy Bridge i5 CPU and 2x8GBs DDRs memory as shown in the CPU ID:

Nvidia Laptop users using NVSlimmer beware - Hell Corner [​IMG]

This is what "winsat" shows:

With a Coffee Lake i5 system, with 2x8GB DDR4 memory as shown in the CPU ID:

This is what "winsat" shows:

Why would a six years old system have better memory performance, than less than a year old system? At least according to "winsat"...

Cr00zng, Dec 22, 2019
  3. ap1978 Win User
    ap1978, Dec 22, 2019
  4. Nvidia Laptop users using NVSlimmer beware - Hell Corner

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

Nvidia Laptop users using NVSlimmer beware - Hell Corner

1. Nvidia Laptop users using NVSlimmer beware - Hell Corner - Similar Threads - Nvidia Laptop users

2. KB5000802 is the Demon from Hell of an Update, BEWARE!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB5000802 is the Demon from Hell of an Update, BEWARE!: Hello there Y'all, Why in Gods good name would you come out with this one hell of a troublesome update to us all?! - It messes up with all our office printing capabilities with lots of issues involve in printing from your default print app built in Windows itself!...
  3. Users Who Post In The Community BEWARE!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Users Who Post In The Community BEWARE!: Guys Beware About What You Post Because Today I Found A Website That Copys The Question You Just Asked And Any Question Related To It. I May Know A Lot A Lot About Tech But I Dont Know How They Are Doing This But Dont Put Any Personal Info The Website is flagged by...
  4. On upgrading your system beware of 16+ GBs RAM - Hell Corner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    On upgrading your system beware of 16+ GBs RAM - Hell Corner: So basically I am writing this (Frequently Asked Yet Wrongly Answered Question) after realizing that there are minimal knowledge available about RAMs and their optimizations : Q - I have 8 GBs of RAM would buying 16 GBs make my system run faster ? A - A tech would answer...
  5. Laptop keyboards broken/double key after Windows updates - Hell Corner

Laptop keyboards broken/double key after Windows updates - Hell Corner: I have had a problem losing 2 laptop keyboards to 2 consecutive windows updates where I attempted to tackle the issue and here are my findings since I am starting to see this problem escalating to so many users of the forum and online : 1 - If you are like me with the habit...
  6. NVSlimmer 0.3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NVSlimmer 0.3: NVIDIA driver slimming utility. Added option to apply pending modifications when repackaging. Better filename collision resolution when repackaging. Download: https://www.guru3d.com/files-details...g-utility.html Forum: https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/nv...tility.423072/...
  7. Gamepad / Joypad Hell Corner

Gamepad / Joypad Hell Corner: **This is an informative post , you can skip it if you are just here to help** I have been caught up with an issue with few gamepads i had that worked just fine in the past but been giving me hell lately one windows 10 , the issue lead me to realize few facts that i want to...
  8. On buying new or used Laptop / PC beware of Conexant chips

On buying new or used Laptop / PC beware of Conexant chips: Like most of you know most laptops used to ship with audio chips from either Realtek or Conexant up till a year back . The funny thing is Conexant had went bankrupt on 2014 after achieving a revenue less than 190 million usd through out the year 2013 handing the lead to...
  9. Windows 10 Automatic Driver Updates Hell Corner

Windows 10 Automatic Driver Updates Hell Corner: So it's been a month that i have been having a glitching windows that i have been clueless at first of why it is doing that , been having "Stub" errors on running anything that requires administrative rights from first go then works from the second go , at first received...
  10. Microsoft Store Hell Corner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store Hell Corner: I have 2 laptops running windows 10 version 1709 that managed to develop issues almost the same time : Laptop 1 : Lately managed to hide a lot of store apps icons and tiles from start menu but I can still run them from store itself also leaving at the bottom of start...