Windows 10: NVIDIA RTX 2080 GPU not working / Device manager shows that it has problem.

Discus and support NVIDIA RTX 2080 GPU not working / Device manager shows that it has problem. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an MSI GE75 8SG laptop with windows 10. A few days back my GPU stopped working out of nowhere. The problem is: I am not able to open nvidia... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ashish421, Dec 6, 2020.

1. NVIDIA RTX 2080 GPU not working / Device manager shows that it has problem.

I have an MSI GE75 8SG laptop with windows 10. A few days back my GPU stopped working out of nowhere. The problem is:

I am not able to open nvidia control panel. Whenever I try to open it, nothing happens at all. I have tried updating the nvidia driver it didn't help. I have the Nvidia geforce experience app as well, when i open that app, it shows that an update to the driver is available, but when I update it, it still just shows an update is available even though the update was successful. I know that my GPU isn't working because tensorflow (a machine learning library) isn't detecting any GPU, also, the games I used to play are all showing worse than ever graphics.

I have tried everything that's available on the internet. I tried to contact NVIDIA guys on their online chat, waited for 30 mins, noone came. I raised a ticket and emailed them, their response was that "they can't help me in this regard" and gave me a link to the community forum and asked me to post my problem there (which I did and got no response). I know this problem is not directly related to this sub, but if someone has faced this issue and knows how this can be fixed, it'd be a great help.

Additional info: I have a dual boot ubuntu.. the nvidia-smi command has started showing "No devices were found", but it used to work a few days back.

Please let me know if I can provide any other information, I'll edit the post and add that.

submitted by /u/ashish421
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ashish421, Dec 6, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Introducing NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, RTX 2080, and RTX 2070

Read more:

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter

Brink, Dec 6, 2020
  3. Brink Win User

Read more:

Brink, Dec 6, 2020
  4. Faith Win User

NVIDIA RTX 2080 GPU not working / Device manager shows that it has problem.

NVIDIA says the RTX 2080 GPU is twice as fast as the GTX 1080

Ok this sounds good. Games utilizing DLSS (Deep Learning Super-Sampling) from the Turing tensor cores will run games x2 (100%) faster, and games who don't will run x1.5 (50%) faster. A good margin over the assumptions. Still though, It's from Nvidia's hypetrain so it's better to wait and see real benchmarks. This also doesn't explain if enabling RT will have a major negative impact on performance on weaker GPUs in the series.

Addendum: I just found out the answer to my question… and it's not looking good for the performance on RT, at least not at the moment. Nvidia's Flagship RTX 2080 Ti Can't Hit 1080p 60FPS In New 'Tomb Raider' . Should be noted that it's uncertain this is with or without DLSS and any form of optimized drivers. But the game is out in a month (the game's gone gold) and if a 2080Ti can't do this properly even at 1080p then I'm not so sure a 2070 with 6 GR/s can maintain 60 either. Looks like RT will be a big hit even for the 20 series.

Faith, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

NVIDIA RTX 2080 GPU not working / Device manager shows that it has problem.

1. NVIDIA RTX 2080 GPU not working / Device manager shows that it has problem. - Similar Threads - NVIDIA RTX 2080

2. VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR NVIDIA RTX 2080

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR NVIDIA RTX 2080: I experienced a crash in my system. The drivers are up to date and I do not experience any error when playing games, etc. I as using Premiere with CUDA rendering when this happened. Here are the Dump files...
  3. NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti - Graphics Card Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti - Graphics Card Error: I recently bought a prebuilt ABS Mage computer with the NVIDIA Graphics card included. I set up the computer and downloaded a few games to play. Initially the first hour of game play was fine. I turned computer off went to bed, came back the next day and Windows is...
  4. RTX 2080 TI Help

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    RTX 2080 TI Help: I bought it used and I'm using it right now but I am a little concerned about the LEDs. When I power on the tower I see two LEDs 1 for each 8pin and then the GIGABYTE logo flickers. Upon installation I forgot to flip the PSU to the OFF position and when I plugged the card...
  5. RTX 2080 - MSI or EVGA?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    RTX 2080 - MSI or EVGA?: Question guys, would you go with this MSI (on sale for $720) or with this EVGA for 70 bucks more? The only significant difference I see in the specs is the boost clocks...1710 MHz on the MSI vs 1800 MHz on the EVGA. Is that worth paying the extra $70? Also, the EVGA black...
  6. Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti graphics cards are dying in alarming numbers

in Windows 10 News
    Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti graphics cards are dying in alarming numbers: Concerns are mounting over the failure rate of Nvidia’s RTX 2080 Ti graphics card, with increasing numbers of reports of dead and dying cards from early adopters. Some display issues involve artifacting and instability immediately after being installed, while others begin to...
  7. NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 is now available

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 is now available: The GeForce RTX™ 2080 is powered by the all-new NVIDIA Turing™ architecture to give you incredible new levels of gaming realism, speed, power efficiency, and immersion. This is graphics reinvented. GeForce RTX 2080 Founders Edition GeForce RTX 2080 GeForce GTX 1080 GPU...
  8. Introducing NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, RTX 2080, and RTX 2070

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, RTX 2080, and RTX 2070: NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ delivers the ultimate PC gaming experience. Powered by the new NVIDIA Turing™ GPU architecture and the revolutionary RTX platform, RTX graphics cards bring together real-time ray tracing, artificial intelligence, and programmable shading. This is a whole...
  9. Nvidia GPU not showing up on Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nvidia GPU not showing up on Device Manager: I have just built a new computer, and have installed windows 10 on it. I just today (8/8/2018) have put in a Nvidia GTX 1060 6 gb Graphics Card, and I plugged it in correctly, and power is running to it, but it is not showing up on my device manager, I have tried doing...
  10. NVIDIA GPU uninstalled in device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVIDIA GPU uninstalled in device Manager: I accidentally uninstalled my NVIDIA GPU from device manager and now I want to reinstall it but when I try reinstalling it with NIVDIA installer it says, "The graphic driver could not find compatible Graphic Hardware.". Help me on how to get my graphic hardware back and use...