Windows 10: nVidia Settings Not Loading

Discus and support nVidia Settings Not Loading in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi. a couple of time now, very randomly, when i boot up the machine doesn't apply my nvid settings. when i first built/set-up the machine, i used the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by wolfie138, Dec 17, 2020.

1. wolfie138 Win User

nVidia Settings Not Loading

Hi.

a couple of time now, very randomly, when i boot up the machine doesn't apply my nvid settings. when i first built/set-up the machine, i used the nVidia Control Panel to set up the gamma etc as the standard load is too bright for what i need, and this usually comes into effect no bother. This time i checked, and although the "use nvid settings" button was selected it was still showing the default bright set-up. i clicked to "use other applications" and back to "use nvid" and it changed fine to what i wanted. can't see anything in the event log that suggests a trip-up, anyone have any ideas?

cheers

:)

wolfie138, Dec 17, 2020
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Dec 17, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 17, 2020
  4. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

1. nVidia Settings Not Loading - Similar Threads - nVidia Settings Loading

2. nvidia display settings missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nvidia display settings missing: nvidia control panel is missing display settings, in my laptop it only shows 3d settings and developer, please help thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-display-settings-missing/ba56fe5e-c634-4b39-8615-3989020c0a5d
  3. nvidia display settings missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    nvidia display settings missing: nvidia control panel is missing display settings, in my laptop it only shows 3d settings and developer, please help thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-display-settings-missing/ba56fe5e-c634-4b39-8615-3989020c0a5d
  4. nvidia display settings missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. NVIDIA Display settings are not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA Display settings are not available: Hello, so I've just made the big jump for my old lap top and old windows and happily upgraded to Win10. The problems started before that also I have no idea when and where exactly I screwed thing up. I wanted to see if my Nvidia control panel is ok since I haven't opened it...
  6. NVIDIA Display settings are not available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NVIDIA Display settings are not available: Hello, so I've just made the big jump for my old lap top and old windows and happily upgraded to Win10. The problems started before that also I have no idea when and where exactly I screwed thing up. I wanted to see if my Nvidia control panel is ok since I haven't opened it...
  7. NVIDIA Display settings are not available

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Nvidia video settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nvidia video settings: When i change nvidia video settings or scaling nothing happens please help submitted by /u/Pouriakh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l4j2m2/nvidia_video_settings/
  9. settings not loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    settings not loading: my setting dont load up for some reason because there is a white line underneath it if anyone knows why pls reply it looks like this: [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-not-loading/1aea367b-3176-4df0-8591-7197aedf2ead
  10. NVIDIA Display settings are not available

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    NVIDIA Display settings are not available: Hi everyone, I know this isn't a Windows problem, but I feel like this is the best forum for me to post in since I got a great and fast response for my problem last time. When I try to open my NVIDIA Control Panel, it always gives me the message: "NVIDIA Display...