Windows 10: NVIDIA to acquire Arm for $40 billion

Discus and support NVIDIA to acquire Arm for $40 billion in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Unites NVIDIA’s leadership in artificial intelligence with Arm’s vast computing ecosystem to drive innovation for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

NVIDIA to acquire Arm for $40 billion

Source: NVIDIA to Acquire Arm for $40 Billion, Creating World’s Premier Computing Company for the Age of AI | NVIDIA Newsroom

See also:

:)

Brink, Sep 14, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Softbank Acquires ARM for $32 Billion

Japanese conglomerate Softbank acquired British CPU architecture designer ARM in a USD $32 billion deal on Monday. Softbank's bid of $32 billion is a 43 percent premium over ARM's current valuation of $22.3 billion, and the Cambridge-based firm will recommend its shareholders to approve of its acquisition. Shares of ARM surged 45% on the LSE, adding £7.56 billion to its market value. The company reported revenues of $1.49 billion in 2015. ARM founder Herman Hauser, however, isn't happy with the board's decision. "This is a sad day for me and a sad day for technology in Britain," he stated.

ARM designs CPU architectures, which it then licenses to other processor and SoC manufacturers, many of which are fabless themselves, making it an intellectual property giant. None of ARM's products are "tangible" or physical. While Intel, for example, designs CPU architectures (eg: x86), implements it (eg: Core i7, Celeron), and manufactures it (at its Costa Rica and Malaysia fabs) ARM's product is not tangible. It has a CPU architecture, which clients such as Samsung, Huawei, and Qualcomm license, implement (eg: Exynos, Kylin, Snapdragon), and contract-manufacture, through fabs such as GlobalFoundries, TSMC, and ST Microelectronics.

NVIDIA to acquire Arm for  billion 53a_thm.jpg

Source: BBC

btarunr, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Aquinus Win User
    Softbank Acquires ARM for $32 Billion

The article says nothing about the shareholders voting to do it. The article merely said:
    Maybe they're already for it and approval is merely a formality?

Edit: Not to make this about politics again but, the decreasing value of the pound versus the yen might have something to do with it. It has been looking that way for the last year and it kind of accelerated after leaving the EU. The high bid might be a way of saying, "Here is your chance to jump ship after the fact."

Aquinus, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Cliff S Win User

Microsoft to acquire GitHub for $7.5 billion

Linux stuff in the Store too but for BASH users.

NVIDIA to acquire Arm for  billion [​IMG]

Cliff S, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

1. NVIDIA to acquire Arm for $40 billion - Similar Threads - NVIDIA acquire Arm

2. Acquiring Licence

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Acquiring Licence: Hello I had the same problem with my old pc My downloads says clipSVC stopped or Acquiring Licence https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acquiring-licence/54db15fb-9ee2-473d-90bc-ae05460e6d45
  3. Acquiring license error

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Acquiring license error: About a year ago I bought Minecraft Dungeons on Microsoft Store and since then I reinstalled Windows. I own a legit copy of Windows 10 Home. I recently reinstalled the game but couldn't open it. The error said "Check the Windows Store for more info about Minecraft Dungeons."....
  4. Billions upon billions of OpenWith.exe processes...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Billions upon billions of OpenWith.exe processes...: OK, not really billions, but probably like 100+ "OpenWith.exe" processes keep popping up over time. This has been happening since I built my new machine. I don't recall this happening with my previous build and I am at a loss as to why this is happening at all. I've scanned...
  5. Microsoft acquires Zenimax

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft acquires Zenimax: BBC news link Microsoft buys Fallout creator Bethesda for $7.5bn - BBC News 164915
  6. Google acquires Pointy

in Windows 10 News
    Google acquires Pointy: Google has long been committed to helping small businesses grow and thrive in the online world. One of the challenges small merchants face is getting their in-store inventory information online in a way that is easy to manage and reliably up to date. Since organizing the...
  7. Facebook Designing Security for Billions

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook Designing Security for Billions: [ATTACH] By Collin Greene, Manager of Product Security Billions of people use Facebook to connect with the people who matter to them. We have a responsibility to build secure services that help keep people safe. At Facebook we take what’s called a “defense-in-depth”...
  8. Microsoft to acquire GitHub for $7.5 billion

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to acquire GitHub for $7.5 billion: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter[/quote] [quote] Today, we announced an agreement to acquire GitHub, the world’s leading software development platform. I want to share what this acquisition will mean for our industry and for developers. The era of the...
  9. If Windows on Arm is a success, will nvidia come out with new Tegras?

in Windows 10 Support
    If Windows on Arm is a success, will nvidia come out with new Tegras?: A laptop with nothing but Nvidia inside would be pretty sweet. 97718
  10. Three Billion Visitors to Windows Store

in Windows 10 News
    Three Billion Visitors to Windows Store: Three Billion Visitors to Windows Store Whatever the fuss over apps for Windows 10, users are still coming to the Windows Store. Microsoft’s latest trends report for developers about all things app celebrates the three billionth visits. That’s from the base of 200...