Windows 10: Nvidia Update Causes Black Screen

Discus and support Nvidia Update Causes Black Screen in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This happened to me for the first time yesterday. I checked for updates on my Windiws 10 PC. It wanted to update Nvidia. When everything loaded and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ChelseaRoth, Aug 7, 2022.

1. Nvidia Update Causes Black Screen

This happened to me for the first time yesterday. I checked for updates on my Windiws 10 PC. It wanted to update Nvidia. When everything loaded and I hit install, the screen blanked out for a few seconds. I was listening to a video on another tab, so I could still hear the audio while the screen was black. During this time, my computer made that noise as if I were inserting a flash drive and then removing it before the screen came back up and prompted me to restart the pc.It happened again today during another update I think it was forNvidia again. I guess the last update wasn't the only on

:)

ChelseaRoth, Aug 7, 2022
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Nvidia Update Causes Black Screen

Hi ChelseaRoth

I am Dave, I will help you with this.

Sometimes a slightly older version of the Nvidia driver is more stable than the latest version of the driver, where are you getting the Nvidia updates from, is that from Windows updates, or from a 3rd party driver updater utility?

Is it just in a browser that you are getting a black screen on videos and the audio is still playing, or is Windows itself black screening?

Is your system now stable?

DaveM121, Aug 8, 2022
  3. hazzz Win User
    nvidia geforce 341.02 driver causes black screen

I am also having the same problem, ie. black screen. I am using an alienware M11x laptop and Geforce nvidia 342.01 driver. (Until now I couldnt find a solution)For the past 1 month, I have been looking for a solution in the internet and havent found one, although there are varieties of solutions have been offered and I have tried all those solutions, but none works on my laptop. Most of them suggest to reboot to safe mode, and after that use DDU to uninstall and clean all Nvidia driver related files in the system, and perform a custom install of the driver (Perform Clean Install). I have done that and once it is finished installing the driver, it reboots and there it goes again, BLACK SCREEN. Now I am using the standard Intel HD driver, very standard one.Appreciate any info to solve this. Thanks.

hazzz, Aug 8, 2022
  4. Nvidia Update Causes Black Screen

KB4497935 CAUSING INFINITE BLACK SCREEN WITH SPINNING CIRCLE

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

Please answer these questions to get additional information for clarity:

1. Are you getting a black screen before signing in to Windows 10?
    2. Are you getting a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10?
    3. Are you getting a black screen with spinning dots after restarting the device?

Some of the common scenarios that can cause a black or blank screen to occur are connection problems with your display, display adapter driver update issues, or issues with recent updates or installations.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to check if that works.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14106/windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-or-blank-screen-errors

Let us know the result of the steps performed so that we can help you further.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Aug 8, 2022
Thema:

Nvidia Update Causes Black Screen

1. Nvidia Update Causes Black Screen - Similar Threads - Nvidia Update Causes

2. Update install, restart caused black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update install, restart caused black screen: Once a driver update on my pc was restarting my pc went to black screen that's flashing every few seconds and it won't stop or go any further. How do I get this to stop and actually restart. The computer still hasn't actually restarted...
  3. Nvidia Update Causes Black Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia Update Causes Black Screen: This happened to me for the first time yesterday. I checked for updates on my Windiws 10 PC. It wanted to update Nvidia. When everything loaded and I hit install, the screen blanked out for a few seconds. I was listening to a video on another tab, so I could still hear the...
  4. Nvidia Update Causes Black Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Nvidia Update Causes Black Screen: This happened to me for the first time yesterday. I checked for updates on my Windiws 10 PC. It wanted to update Nvidia. When everything loaded and I hit install, the screen blanked out for a few seconds. I was listening to a video on another tab, so I could still hear the...
  5. Black screen Issue after updating NVIDIA driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen Issue after updating NVIDIA driver: I have Asus TUF A15 FX506II. It happen many times when I using my laptop for over than 4 hours. The screen suddenly go black and the laptop not responding. I tried to ctrl+alt+del but nothing happen, even I trying to turn on/off the keyboard backlight, nothing happen to the...
  6. NVIDIA Driver installation freezing laptop/causing black screen

NVIDIA Driver installation freezing laptop/causing black screen: Hello, I have had my Alienware M15 R2 with 2070 Max Q for over 6 months. But last week, my laptop crashed to a sky blue BSOD while gaming. Since then, I have been unable to completely recover my Laptop. I have tried many many times. The hardware diagnostics is clean and...
  7. updating windows 10 causes black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    updating windows 10 causes black screen: When I try to update Windows 10 my PC never starts up and I get a black screen, if I move my mouse I can see the pointer and a loading symbol next to it. If I go into Safe Mode I can remove the last update and it fixes it. I have manually updated all my drivers and that still...
  8. Latest Windows Update Causes Black Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest Windows Update Causes Black Screen: Hello, i just got the popup for the latest windows windows update and went ahead to update it. I let it run and update, although when i came back, i was greeted by a grey, blank screen. I assumed it was part of the update procedure, but after 30 mintues, I resorted to...
  9. Update to Windows 10 that causes black screen

Update to Windows 10 that causes black screen: The issue with the update to Windows 10 that causes the screen on my Evoo Laptop, has it been fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-to-windows-10-that-causes-black-screen/3258f535-1f59-4f36-97f6-b60f15ae0290
  10. Updated nVidia drivers, screens blacking out

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Updated nVidia drivers, screens blacking out: I"m not getting a BSOD, but the system is recording all sorts of errors and warnings, so hopefully this is the right place... Windows 10 Pro, EVGA Geforce 970 GTX. Winver SAYS it’s running 1803. I GENERALLY try to keep the nvidia drivers current, but that may have been a...