Windows 10: nVidia video card is missing in Device Manager after 2004 update

Discus and support nVidia video card is missing in Device Manager after 2004 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! I have a Dell Inspiron 7720 laptop with two graphics cards Intel Graphics 4000 and GeForce 650M Two weeks ago Windows is updated to 2004... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EnderNick, Sep 30, 2020.

1. EnderNick Win User

nVidia video card is missing in Device Manager after 2004 update

Hello!

I have a Dell Inspiron 7720 laptop with two graphics cards Intel Graphics 4000 and GeForce 650M

Two weeks ago Windows is updated to 2004 automaticly. But after restrating GeForce video card is missing in the device manager. Latest drivers from nVidia site are not installed as incompatible.

A rollback to the previous version is inpossible because more than 10 days have passed.

I use this laptop for working in grafic editors and performance of Intel Graphics 4000 not enougth.

What do you recommend?

:)

EnderNick, Sep 30, 2020

2. 2004 Update and Nvidia video cards

How long until PCs with NVIDIA video cards can get the 2004 update. My laptop updated fine but my desktop has an NVIDIA video card and won't pull in the update - even the update assistant won't get it. I read there was a compatibility problem.

golddust5364, Sep 30, 2020
  3. 2004 Update and Nvidia video cards

Hi,

Windows 10, version 2004 and Windows Server, version 2004 - Windows Release Information

Issue with older drivers for Nvidia display adapters (GPU)

Nvidia and Microsoft have found incompatibility issues with certain versions of Nvidia display adapter drivers and Windows 10, version 2004 (the Windows 10 May 2020 Update). Windows 10 devices with affected Nvidia display driver versions might receive
    a stop error with a blue screen or other issues during or after installing the update to Windows 10, version 2004. The affected drivers are any version lower than 358.00.

To safeguard your update experience, we have applied a compatibility hold on Windows 10 devices with affected Nvidia display drivers drivers installed from being offered Windows 10, version 2004 or Windows Server, version 2004 until the driver has
    been updated.

Affected platforms:
    • Client: Windows 10, version 2004
    • Server: Windows Server, version 2004
    Workaround: To mitigate this issue, you will need to check with your device manufacturer (OEM) to see if an updated driver is available and install it.

Next steps: Microsoft and Nvidia are working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release.

Note We recommend that you do not attempt to manually update using the Update now button or the Media Creation Tool until this issue has been resolved.

Back to topN/A

Investigating

Last updated:

May 27, 2020

10:07 AM PT

Opened:

May 27, 2020

12:09 AM PT

Sumit - Insider MVP, Sep 30, 2020
  4. neilpzz Win User

2004 Update and Nvidia video cards

Depends what Nvidia graphics you have, if older then you will have to wait. Mine updated to 2004 without issue last week via windows update but as stated the updates are in stages so perhaps it just not your devices turn yet.

I have a Nvidia GT710, not the newest card but still supported by Nvidia in Windows 10. If you don't have the latest driver from Nvidia then go to their website and update it. https://www.nvidia.com/

neilpzz, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

1. nVidia video card is missing in Device Manager after 2004 update - Similar Threads - nVidia video card

2. NVIDIA Graphics Card Not Being Detected in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NVIDIA Graphics Card Not Being Detected in Device Manager: I've recently purchased a ASUS TUF Gaming A15 laptop. It has got two GPUs: an AMD Radeon integrated GPU, and a NVIDIA GTX 1650.AMD GPU works just fine, but recently when I started a game, i came to know that the NVIDIA GPU had got disabled. Things I've tried:1. Went to Device...
  3. NVIDIA Graphics Card Not Being Detected in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA Graphics Card Not Being Detected in Device Manager: I've recently purchased a ASUS TUF Gaming A15 laptop. It has got two GPUs: an AMD Radeon integrated GPU, and a NVIDIA GTX 1650.AMD GPU works just fine, but recently when I started a game, i came to know that the NVIDIA GPU had got disabled. Things I've tried:1. Went to Device...
  4. NVIDIA Graphics Card not showing up in device manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA Graphics Card not showing up in device manager.: I recently purchased an ASUS Laptop with an RTX 3050 TI and for the first day it worked fine, but the drivers on GeForce experience were really outdated so I tried updating them to the latest version, but after that, it disappeared from the device manager and just stopped...
  5. NVIDIA Graphics Card not showing up in device manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NVIDIA Graphics Card not showing up in device manager.: I recently purchased an ASUS Laptop with an RTX 3050 TI and for the first day it worked fine, but the drivers on GeForce experience were really outdated so I tried updating them to the latest version, but after that, it disappeared from the device manager and just stopped...
  6. NVIDIA Graphics Card not showing up in device manager.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. NVIDIA graphics card not being recognized by Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA graphics card not being recognized by Device Manager: Hi I have an Alienware 14 with a stock NVIDIA GeForce 750M GPU and I'm running Windows 10 Pro, Version 20H2, OS Build: 19042.746. When I first installed Windows, I remember I checked the Device Manager and the GPU showed up in Device Manager, but then it disappeared and now...
  8. Duplicate device instances on Device Manager after 2004 update

Duplicate device instances on Device Manager after 2004 update: Hi, I noticed weird things on my Device Manger. There are many device instances than before and it seems like many instances are duplicated. I suppose themigration of device drivers from previous version was not processed properlyupon 2004 update. So far, I do not see any...
  9. 2004 Update and Nvidia video cards

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2004 Update and Nvidia video cards: How long until PCs with NVIDIA video cards can get the 2004 update. My laptop updated fine but my desktop has an NVIDIA video card and won't pull in the update - even the update assistant won't get it. I read there was a compatibility problem....
  10. Graphics card missing from device manager after Windows Update

Graphics card missing from device manager after Windows Update: Hello, I have recently noticed that my NVIDIA GPU icon is missing from the taskbar. When I inspected the issue, I noticed that nothing showed up when searching for NVIDIA via the Start Menu and that the only item under Display adaptors in the Device Manager is Intel HD...