Windows 10: Nvidia’s 436.02 driver reportedly causing performance issues

Discus and support Nvidia’s 436.02 driver reportedly causing performance issues in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Nvidia’s 436.02 GPU driver, which is the most significant GPU driver update in a long time, reportedly causes performance issues when playing games... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Aug 26, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Nvidia’s 436.02 driver reportedly causing performance issues

Nvidia’s 436.02 GPU driver, which is the most significant GPU driver update in a long time, reportedly causes performance issues when playing games like CSGO (Counter-Strike: Global Offensive).

According to posts on Reddit, Nvidia 436.02 GPU driver reportedly reduces the FPS and some users have also benchmarked the before and after results to compare the impact of the update.

According to a user, the FPS benchmark with NVIDIA 431.60 driver was 329.95, but it has reduced to 267.75 FPS with the newest driver and low latency on, while the low latency mode is offering an FPS of just 232.30.

“I’m using an old GT650M laptop which is fine for casual gaming in 1024×768. Right above the comfortable 100fps mark. However one day for some reason my driver updated and performance tanked. Unfortunately I couldn’t remember the exact version I was on before so I had to try lots… one wonders what they do,” a user documented the problem.

“Before update it was average 200 and above (on same server). Very noticable once fps dips on a 240hz monitor, the tearing is super horrible,” another user noted.

It’s not just CSGO

According to other posts on Nvidia’s community forum (1, 2, 3), users are also experiencing performance slowdown when playing other popular titles.

“Theres some as yet unidenfitied performance issues in this new driver that nvidia need to work through, Dx12 has some sort of memory leak and quite a few DX11/9 games are not telling the driver properly what Prerender amount they want to actually use,” a user explained the other performance issues with the update.

The post Nvidia’s 436.02 driver reportedly causing performance issues appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Aug 26, 2019
  2. Apsy Win User

NVIDIA DRIVER 307.83

The issue still the same.

I went to NVIDIA Web site and they suggested to download a new driver

GE force 353.62. I was able to downloaded but was not able to install it due to:

"NVIDIA Installer cannot continue this graphic driver could not find compatible graphic hardware"

I don't know what to do anymore

Any other suggestion?

3. newtekie1 Win User
    SLi causing a reduction in performance!

Ok, I think I have fixed the issue. NeoCrisis was correct, the driver was not installing correctly for the second card, causing the clock speeds to run at 400MHz core and memory.

To fix the issue I followed the steps listed here.

After doing that I re-installed the 177.92 drivers, and both cards are not reported correctling in GPU-z and Nvidia control panel. I'm just running some tests now to confirm that they are actually running correctly. I'll edit this post when the benchmarks are done to let you know if it really did work.

newtekie1, Aug 26, 2019
  4. Nvidia’s 436.02 driver reportedly causing performance issues

NVIDIA DRIVER 307.83

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

Yes, I suggest you to uninstall the NVIDIA driver
    and then reinstall the drivers.

Steps to uninstall the NVIDIA driver 307.83.

1. Press Windows + X key.

2. Click on device manager.

3. Uninstall the NVIDIA driver.

Install the drivers in compatible mode and then restart the system once and check if it issue persists.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

Nvidia’s 436.02 driver reportedly causing performance issues

1. Nvidia’s 436.02 driver reportedly causing performance issues - Similar Threads - Nvidia’s 436 driver

2. KB5028166‎ - is causing performance issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5028166‎ - is causing performance issue: Hi,KB5028166‎ - is causing performance issue.On some Win 10 installation frezees at 90% and it causes app/hardware performance issues.How to avoid installation?Is MS going to do something with that? Or as always they are testing updates on production :...
  3. KB5028166‎ - is causing performance issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB5028166‎ - is causing performance issue: Hi,KB5028166‎ - is causing performance issue.On some Win 10 installation frezees at 90% and it causes app/hardware performance issues.How to avoid installation?Is MS going to do something with that? Or as always they are testing updates on production :...
  4. KB5015807 Causing Performance Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5015807 Causing Performance Issues: Hello,Since Patch Tuesday there have been many machines impacted with this updated. Users having to restart their machines 3+ times a day.Eventually the machine becomes unusable.. This then results in the whole machine freezing up.Everyone in the organisation has downloaded &...
  5. KB5015807 Causing Performance Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5015807 Causing Performance Issues: Hello,Since Patch Tuesday there have been many machines impacted with this updated. Users having to restart their machines 3+ times a day.Eventually the machine becomes unusable.. This then results in the whole machine freezing up.Everyone in the organisation has downloaded &...
  6. KB5015807 Causing Performance Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. BSOD caused by NVIDIA Driver?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD caused by NVIDIA Driver?: So i was playing vrchat and a couple weeks ago i updated my driver to 457.09 not important now but later.So i was playing VRChat for the first time since updating my driver and i went into the game and ran straight into a BSOD.Now this kinda scared me, since the last time i...
  8. Nvidia drivers causing BSoD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nvidia drivers causing BSoD?: I just installed the game readyNvidia drivers for gtx 1070 on my PC. I played Some games after, but suddenly, my PC froze and i restarted it often, but it just stopped while loading Windows 10. After Some restarts BSoD "Critical process died" appeared. I cant Start in...
  9. Windows 10 KB4482887 is reportedly causing gaming performance issues

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB4482887 is reportedly causing gaming performance issues: On March 1, 2019, Microsoft began pushing out Windows 10 KB4482887 to October 2018 Update machines. This cumulative update advances the system to Windows 10 Build 17763.348 and it comes with tons of improvements, including support for Retpoline which will eventually improve...
  10. Windows 10 Device Performance and Health incorrectly reporting driver issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Device Performance and Health incorrectly reporting driver issue: About once a week the "Device performance & health" it reports that I have a "Device driver" issue - see screen capture below. [ATTACH] I click on "Open Troubleshooter" and it identifies "Intel Management Engine Interface has a driver problem" - see screen capture below....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nividia 436.02 causes bsod