Windows 10: Nvklddmkm error slowing boot times

Discus and support Nvklddmkm error slowing boot times in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For the last couple of weeks I have been noticing that my boot times have gone from 33-35 seconds to 45-70 seconds. I have an NVMe drive and it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Murphcid, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Murphcid Win User

Nvklddmkm error slowing boot times

For the last couple of weeks I have been noticing that my boot times have gone from 33-35 seconds to 45-70 seconds. I have an NVMe drive and it is fast. Windows Event viewer shows error after error. Can any of the folks here point me in the direction of a fix?DESKTOP-KEK9HLU-Fri_02_02_2018_151520_96.zip

:)

Murphcid, Feb 1, 2018

2. Slow boot times

sorry realised the health check was truncated

Nvklddmkm error slowing boot times [​IMG]

AndrewTaylor3, Feb 1, 2018
  3. WinniePC Win User
    Slow boot time

Thanks I made the clean boot and I found that the problem is the AMD graphics driver. Thanks a lot

WinniePC, Feb 1, 2018
  4. philc43 Win User

From 21st Jan onwards you have been getting display driver errors. What changed on that day?

I would make sure your graphics card is working properly, remove all dust and check all connections. Make sure the card is properly inserted.

Please reinstall the NVidia driver. The best way to do this is to uninstall everything of Nvidia using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from your Graphics card manufacturer or from the NVidia website. When you do this be sure the "clean install" box is checked and only install the Graphics driver and the PhysX driver.

philc43, Feb 2, 2018
  5. Murphcid Win User
    I don't know what changed on that day. I have uninstalled, re-installed the drivers twice. I'll check the card and connections today. Thanks.

Murphcid, Feb 2, 2018
  6. Murphcid Win User
    Alrighty then. I did DDU, no discernable effect, re-seated everything, no discernable effect, changed Monitor 2 to HDMI from Display port, computer lost its mind and decided that my main monitor was no longer the main monitor, took 30 minutes to get it fixed. Checked Nvidia control panel, set the monitor back the way it was. This morning according to Boot Racer, I went from 64+ seconds to boot on my NVMe drive to 24+!!!! Don't know what I did, but apparently I fixed whatever it was I did. Or so it seems.

Murphcid, Feb 4, 2018
  7. philc43 Win User
    Great *Smile Let it run for a day or two and then repost a new set of logfiles. I can check to see if the display driver errors have gone.

philc43, Feb 4, 2018
  8. Murphcid Win User

One thing I have noticed is that the Corsair K70 RGB is no longer working well, and I have to do a "repair" installation each time I boot the computer. It worked great when the system was wonky, so go figure Microsoft give and Microsoft takes away *Smile Boot racer shows boot to desktop 24.359 seconds which is pretty good, and what I was given to expect on a fast NVMe drive (Western DIgital 512gb). It is actually booting faster than it did when I first built it (boot times 33-36 seconds).

Murphcid, Feb 5, 2018
  9. philc43 Win User
    Well, I can see that the display driver issue has not reappeared in the last 2 days. That is good *Smile

I can see your keyboard drivers are being installed each time:

Code: 2018-02-06T05:28:56.661 Driver Management concluded the process to install driver corsairvbusdriver.inf_amd64_235cee32bfc402b2\corsairvbusdriver.inf for Device Instance ID ROOT\SYSTEM\0002 with the following status: 0x0. 2018-02-06T05:28:56.753 Driver Management concluded the process to install driver corsairvhiddriver.inf_amd64_f3202f5676133277\corsairvhiddriver.inf for Device Instance ID CORSAIRBUS\VIRTUALDEVICE&10\1&1A590E2C&29&{E7FD4ACE-EE13-11E2-AFDA-000C29100502} with the following status: 0x0.[/quote] I'm not sure why this would be. Does it always happen or is it only when you have a fast start? What about when you initiate a restart which usually takes longer?

philc43, Feb 5, 2018
  10. Murphcid Win User
    The keyboard drivers have been a problem since day one. I have to reinstall the drivers every day to get the RGB to work properly. Corsair Tech support is and has been a complete joke and waste of time. The drivers seem to delete each time I shut down the computer, and so I have to do a "repair" each time I boot up. It is just weird.

Murphcid, Feb 6, 2018
  11. Murphcid Win User
    Suddenly things are working right. I have no clue as to what happened, the keyboard is loading properly each time now. I did not change anything.

Murphcid, Feb 16, 2018
  12. philc43 Win User
    Well, that is good! Perhaps you have just had an update to W10 which has made the difference?

philc43, Feb 16, 2018
  13. Murphcid Win User

That is one of the things that drive me nuts about Windows 10. I just wish that Windows 10 was a little more transparent in how they do things.

Murphcid, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Nvklddmkm error slowing boot times - Similar Threads - Nvklddmkm error slowing

2. Suddenly slow boot time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Suddenly slow boot time: Hi everyone, first post noob here.I removed Ubuntu from my laptop about a month ago. All traces are gone from BIOS.It used to take 10 seconds from pressing the power button to the login screen before dual boot, and with dual boot, but now it takes over a minute. My BIOS start...
  3. Slow boot time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow boot time: Recently everytime I have booted up my asus laptop, the normal asus screen comes up and then the screen goes black as it should then it stays black for some time and if you move your mouse the cursor appears on the black screen and after some time the cursor icon turns to...
  4. Slow boot time

Slow boot time: submitted by /u/Verix- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iid2sx/slow_boot_time/
  5. Slow boot time to OS

Slow boot time to OS: As the title suggests, the load time of OS is extremely long(spinning white dots i believe), about 15-25 seconds. Which makes my boot-up time from button pressed to windows screen 50~ seconds Windows is installed on SSD, and i have another HDD connected. Troubleshooting:...
  6. Very slow boot time

in Windows 10 Support
    Very slow boot time: I have a sony vaio 500hdd 4gb ram i5 processor ,my problem is it takes for ever to start up ,when i start the laptop the windows logo comes up then takes ages to get to the please wait screen then takes ages again to get to the user welcome screen then i wait ages for the...
  7. Slow Boot time

Slow Boot time: Downloaded BootRacer as my Boot time was extremely slow. Over the past few days the Boot times have changed from around 49.578 secs to 329.593 secs despite cleaning C drive of Temp files, Disk cleaning, emptied recycle bin. Every time I try to make PC run faster, it has...
  8. Windows Slow Boot Time

Windows Slow Boot Time: Recently my computer has had a slow boot time, like 4 minutes slow, and this has started in the past month or two. I've tried uninstalling programs that i never use and deleting recently installed ones, i've tried defragging my hard drive, i dusted out my pc, limited startup...
  9. slow boot to desktop times

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    slow boot to desktop times: just refreshed win 10 pro 64 after boot speeds getting very poor as was performance, on a refresh with all drivers cleanly installed and some needed programs boot is still pits, 67.156, windows boot 17, desktop 50. my specs are: win 10 pro 64 i7 4770K - CRYORIG R1 cooler...
  10. Slow boot & shutdown time

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow boot & shutdown time: 10 doesn't seem to be booting very nicely. What I mean is that it seems to be having a difficult time initilizing my SSD, so upon boot I get a blank black screen for anywhere from 60-180 seconds, where the primary drive activity LED is inactive, before it actually boots. This...