Windows 10: nvlddmkm.sys causes stuttering

Discus and support nvlddmkm.sys causes stuttering in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Upon downloading my graphics drivers for my Nvidia Card, nvlddmkm.sys has caused major stuttering and lag. Anyone who can help? Thanks!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Merlinsclaw, Apr 3, 2020.

1. nvlddmkm.sys causes stuttering

Upon downloading my graphics drivers for my Nvidia Card, nvlddmkm.sys has caused major stuttering and lag.

Anyone who can help?

Thanks!

:)

Merlinsclaw, Apr 3, 2020
  2. BENuggets Win User

Audio driver conflict causing stuttering?

Hi Techhelper89,

Unfortunately, I did the instructions as mentioned in the thread and the stuttering persists. I used the link provided: and the steps requested

http://www.tweaking.com/files/setups/tweaking.com_windows_repair_aio_setup.exe

I also tried reinstalling the Realtek Audio drivers as suggested by the thread to no avail.

I've also added some links of how the stuttering looks and sounds like to the main post of this thread. I hope it helps identify the issue.

One more thing I noticed after the above steps is that I can boot with Nvidia HD Audio drivers disabled but the stuttering persist. Enabling then disabling "cures" the stuttering for a while. Although, when this is happening while the Nvidia Audio drivers are
    disabled (as there is an enable option) the icon doesn't look like one that is normally disabled (with a small circular arrow down icon).

Cheers,

Ben

BENuggets, Apr 3, 2020
  3. axe0 Win User
    System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled dxgmms2.sys

Hi Asellia,

Welcome to the 10forums.

What driver versions have you tried currently for your graphics?
    If it is the newest version, 361.43, try rolling back the drivers.
    Driver Rollback | NVIDIA
    Code:
    Code:
    Probably caused by : dxgmms2.sys ( dxgmms2!VIDMM_CPU_HOST_APERTURE::UnmapRange+3a )  7: kd> lmvm nvlddmkmstart             end                 module name fffff800`cf870000 fffff800`d048b000   nvlddmkm   (deferred)                  Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys     Image name: nvlddmkm.sys     Timestamp:        Wed Dec 16 15:03:30 2015 (56716F32)     CheckSum:         00BE13AE     ImageSize:        00C1B000     Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
    Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

nvlddmkm.sys causes stuttering [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

axe0, Apr 3, 2020
  4. nvlddmkm.sys causes stuttering

Fall Creator Update Causing Stuttering problem

• Does it happen if you start Windows 10 in safe mode?
    • Just for testing, have you tried setting "Processor power management" to always 100%.

nvlddmkm.sys causes stuttering [​IMG]

Bruce Wayne, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

nvlddmkm.sys causes stuttering

1. nvlddmkm.sys causes stuttering - Similar Threads - nvlddmkm sys causes

2. Crash caused by nvlddmkm

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crash caused by nvlddmkm: Hello, for the past few weeks, my laptop has been crashing every so often. I have no idea what causes the crash and when it happens. Sometimes it happens a few times in a day, sometimes it can go an entire week without occurring.I tried analyzing the crash dumps generated by...
  3. Crash caused by nvlddmkm

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crash caused by nvlddmkm: Hello, for the past few weeks, my laptop has been crashing every so often. I have no idea what causes the crash and when it happens. Sometimes it happens a few times in a day, sometimes it can go an entire week without occurring.I tried analyzing the crash dumps generated by...
  4. nvlddmkm causing black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nvlddmkm causing black screen: Nvlddmkm is causing my computer to black screen randomly. I cannot use any program without it doing this. It is event id 14. Here is what it says.The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed...
  5. nvlddmkm causing black screen

nvlddmkm causing black screen: Nvlddmkm is causing my computer to black screen randomly. I cannot use any program without it doing this. It is event id 14. Here is what it says.The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed...
  6. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by dxgmms2.sys

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by dxgmms2.sys: Hello, this is the first time I got a BSOD from that driver, and I want to know what caused it!! 081223-12109-01.dmp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driverirqlnotlessorequal-caused-by-dxgmms2sys/bd948afe-cb81-4a6b-adc1-e9e3d0de10b0
  7. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by dxgmms2.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by dxgmms2.sys: Hello, this is the first time I got a BSOD from that driver, and I want to know what caused it!! 081223-12109-01.dmp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driverirqlnotlessorequal-caused-by-dxgmms2sys/bd948afe-cb81-4a6b-adc1-e9e3d0de10b0
  8. BSOD caused by netwtw10.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD caused by netwtw10.sys: From a couple of days ago my machine has been frequently BSOD and showing the error to be caused by netwtw10.sys. I have attempted to reinstall network drivers, reset machine with content, reset to factory and the issue has persisted through all the changes I made. In...
  9. QCAMAIN1.SYS CAUSING BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    QCAMAIN1.SYS CAUSING BSOD: This was probably caused by the following module: qcamain1.sys Qcamain10x64+0x108678 Bugcheck code: 0x1D3 0x333, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0 Error: CUSTOM_ERROR A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for...
  10. Explorer.exe causing stutters

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer.exe causing stutters: Greetings everyone. My explorer.exe is causing some performance issues on my PC. I use it mostly for gaming, but even if I'm browsing on the internet or watching videos my PC will freeze for around 2 seconds every 2-3 minutes. I pinpointed the culprit to be explorer.exe,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nvlddmkm.sys lags