Windows 10: Nvme C drive (OS) is disk 1 and sata D drive ssd is disk 0

Discus and support Nvme C drive (OS) is disk 1 and sata D drive ssd is disk 0 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my pc to an nvme i reinstalled os and everything was running perfectly fine Nvme was disk 0. After that i installed a sata ssd the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/4incerism, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Nvme C drive (OS) is disk 1 and sata D drive ssd is disk 0

I recently upgraded my pc to an nvme i reinstalled os and everything was running perfectly fine Nvme was disk 0.

After that i installed a sata ssd the sata turned into disk 0 and Nvme with the os turned into Disk 1.

I can't find a clear answer as how to fix this or if this matters. Also my bios time is around 14 seconds which seems high.

submitted by /u/4incerism
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/4incerism, Dec 30, 2020
  2. RoyalAce Win User

How do I switch disk 1 to being disk 0, and disk 0 to being disk 1?

I'd heard it's best practice to install Windows on disk 0, and I wanted it on my NVMe SSD and not my 4 TB HDD. So, I only connected the SSD so it would be disk 0. However, after that went smoothly and the C drive was on my SSD, things went downhill. After
    I shut off the computer, connected the SATA data and SATA power cables to the HDD, I restarted. After a restart, the computer prompted me to format the new drive so that it could be used, and I also created the primary partition on it with the drive letter
    A. Then, it instantly switched the 4 TB HDD to being disk 0! Now the C drive is on disk 1.

Is there any way to switch disk 1 to disk 0, and disk 0 to disk 1?

Thanks!

RoyalAce, Dec 30, 2020
  3. Microsoft Drive Optimizer mistakenly lists SATA hard disk drive as SSD and will not defragment the drive

HP Pavilion p6754y Desktop PC was upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7.

The Device Manager shows the boot C:\ drive as:

Disk: ST310005 28AS SATA Disk Device

Disk Driver: Microsoft 10.0.10240.16384

Disk Driver Date: 6/21/2006

The disk is the original Segate 1 TB disk that came new in the HP PC.

In Windows 7 the disk could be defragmented using the standard steps of:

Select C:\ disk > Properties > Tools > Optimize Drives > Select (CNvme C drive (OS) is disk 1 and sata D drive ssd is disk 0 :) Hard disk drive > Optimize

In Windows 10 the disk can NOT be manually Optimized because it is identified as SSD:

Select C:\ disk > Properties > Tools > Optimize Drives > Select OS (CNvme C drive (OS) is disk 1 and sata D drive ssd is disk 0 :) Solid state drive

Nvme C drive (OS) is disk 1 and sata D drive ssd is disk 0 67124b03-fd3e-44fd-b6f9-52f9b03167c0.jpg

Is this a problem with the Microsoft program dfrgui.exe ?

Here is what the diskpart command shows:

DISKPART> list disk

Disk ### Status Size Free Dyn Gpt

-------- ------------- ------- ------- --- ---

Disk 0 Online 931 GB 0 B

Disk 1 No Media 0 B 0 B

Disk 2 No Media 0 B 0 B

Disk 3 No Media 0 B 0 B

Disk 4 No Media 0 B 0 B

DISKPART> select disk 0

Disk 0 is now the selected disk.

DISKPART> detail disk

ST310005 28AS SATA Disk Device

Disk ID: C562DE02

Type : SATA

Path : 0

Target : 0

LUN ID : 0

Location Path : PCIROOT(0)#PCI(1100)#ATA(C00T00L00)

Current Read-only State : No

Read-only : No

Boot Disk : Yes

Pagefile Disk : Yes

Hibernation File Disk : No

Crashdump Disk : Yes

Clustered Disk : No

Volume ### Ltr Label Fs Type Size Status Info

---------- --- ----------- ----- ---------- ------- --------- --------

Volume 1 SYSTEM NTFS Partition 100 MB Healthy System

Volume 2 C OS NTFS Partition 918 GB Healthy Boot

Volume 3 D HP_RECOVERY NTFS Partition 12 GB Healthy

Volume 4 NTFS Partition 450 MB Healthy Hidden

How do I get this drive identity corrected in the disk properties so that it can be optimized ?

DavidELindsay, Dec 30, 2020
  4. Nvme C drive (OS) is disk 1 and sata D drive ssd is disk 0

switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0

Hi, My computer contained a normal HDD hard drive. I recently upgraded to a SSD. The original HDD is Disk 0 and the new SSD is Disk 1. The windows OS is on Disk 1. I want to dual boot my system with Windows and Ubuntu with both OS being on the SSD. Since
    the SSD is Disk 1 the Ubuntu install goes directly to Disk 0 because Disk 0 is first on the list. How can I switch the two Disks so my SSD drive is Disk 0? Thanks.

Katie Witkin, Dec 30, 2020
Thema:

Nvme C drive (OS) is disk 1 and sata D drive ssd is disk 0

1. Nvme C drive (OS) is disk 1 and sata D drive ssd is disk 0 - Similar Threads - Nvme drive disk

2. how to extend data in C drive which is in disk 1 , from D drive which is in disk 0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to extend data in C drive which is in disk 1 , from D drive which is in disk 0: hi there, my problem is that I have 2 disks, disk 0 and disk 1... My local disk C drive is in disk 1 while my D drive is in disk 0,, I have shrunk some volume from my d drive which is in disk 0 and I wanna use that unallocated volume to extend my C drive which is in disk 1 so...
  3. how to extend data in C drive which is in disk 1 , from D drive which is in disk 0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to extend data in C drive which is in disk 1 , from D drive which is in disk 0: hi there, my problem is that I have 2 disks, disk 0 and disk 1... My local disk C drive is in disk 1 while my D drive is in disk 0,, I have shrunk some volume from my d drive which is in disk 0 and I wanna use that unallocated volume to extend my C drive which is in disk 1 so...
  4. Extending C drive which placed in disk no 1 and E placed in disk no 0

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extending C drive which placed in disk no 1 and E placed in disk no 0: I have in my disk manager about 490 unallocated GB in disk 0. My C drive is in another drive named "disk 1"- because of it I cant move the unallocated GB to my C drive. There is 1 quastion I found in google about this specific problem it has 1 comment that says to copy all my...
  5. Extending C drive which placed in disk no 1 and E placed in disk no 0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extending C drive which placed in disk no 1 and E placed in disk no 0: I have in my disk manager about 490 unallocated GB in disk 0. My C drive is in another drive named "disk 1"- because of it I cant move the unallocated GB to my C drive. There is 1 quastion I found in google about this specific problem it has 1 comment that says to copy all my...
  6. C: and D: drive/Disk management

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C: and D: drive/Disk management: Hi, I am having problems with my C: and D: drives. I know little about computers, and I've been trying to solve this on my own for 2 days now. I want to merge C: drive 222 GB using D: drive 1.81 TB, but the problem is that C: is on Disk 1 while D: is on Disk 0. I don't think...
  7. Can I move disk space between my Disk 1 D: Data Drive to my Disk 0 C: System drive...??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I move disk space between my Disk 1 D: Data Drive to my Disk 0 C: System drive...??: Can I move disk space between my Disk 1 D: Data Drive to my Disk 0 C: System drive...?? I somehow have 900 ish GB free on my D: Drive which resides on Disc 1, but I now only have 23 GB of free space left on my C: Drive which resides on Disc 0. It appears I'm unable to...
  8. C: drive not on on disk 0 but on DIsk 2..Is that a problem?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    C: drive not on on disk 0 but on DIsk 2..Is that a problem?: Setting up a new desktop computer for the 1st time (and also adding an old HDD that didn't work) I have 3 drives. The main drive, which is a nVme SSD, and where my OS is (Windows 10) somehow, according to what I see under Computer Management, ended up on DIsk 2, my secondary...
  9. C: drive not on on disk 0 but on DIsk 2..Is that a problem?

in Windows 10 Support
    C: drive not on on disk 0 but on DIsk 2..Is that a problem?: Setting up a new desktop computer for the 1st time (and also adding an old HDD that didn't work) I have 3 drives. The main drive, which is a nVme SSD, and where my OS is (Windows 10) somehow, according to what I see under Computer Management, ended up on DIsk 2, my secondary...
  10. Basic SATA disk or SSD for OS?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Basic SATA disk or SSD for OS?: Windows 10 x64 Pro, v1803, OS build 17134.165. OS disk: WDC WD10EZEX-08M2NA0, basic internal SATA, 1Tb, 56% full. I often find, for the first 15-30 minutes after startup, that the operating system disk is running at 100% active (from Task Mgr), with average response times of...