Windows 10: NVME cooling

Discus and support NVME cooling in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This might be of interest if you havent already seen it. Ask GN 90: M.2 Heatsinks Kill SSDs? Is AMD Losing Long-Run? - YouTube 183033 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SIW2, Jul 26, 2021.

1. SIW2 Win User

NVME cooling

This might be of interest if you havent already seen it. Ask GN 90: M.2 Heatsinks Kill SSDs? Is AMD Losing Long-Run? - YouTube

:)

2. worf105 Win User

NVMe M.2 SSD cooling

Thanks doorules, pparks1 and Cliff *Biggrin

NVME cooling [​IMG]

Have still got one of these:

NVME cooling [​IMG]

But no ideal place to position it to blow directly over the NVMe drive.

More images of Computer layout:

NVME cooling [​IMG]

NVME cooling [​IMG]

NVME cooling [​IMG]

NVME cooling [​IMG]

NVME cooling [​IMG]

worf105, Jul 26, 2021
  3. Windows 10 installer don't detect NVMe drive

I have 2 drives:

• disk1 (SATA SSD, with Ubuntu 16.04)
      • partition1 (sda1: flag /boot)
      • partition2 (sda2: flag /home, encrypted by LUKS)
    • disk2 (NVMe SSD)

So, the goal is to install Windows 10 on disk2 and boot it from GRUB (which is on sda1).

What is the problem ?

In disk-choose step, disk2 is missing. However Ubuntu 14.04 installer "see" this disk, so I assume that is software issue, rather than my hardware.

What I tried to solve this problem ?

• loaded Samsung NVMe drivers from this thread
    • patched Windows image using DISM tool by adding 2 updates. I followed this guide
    • tried to run Windows 10 installed on USB stick to install it

All of them failed.

Please help me to solve this issue.

WojciechCe, Jul 26, 2021
  4. worf105 Win User

NVME cooling

NVMe M.2 SSD cooling

Some unscientific tests here:

My super quiet fan profile:

NVME cooling [​IMG]

Turned my intake fans to 100% (still not to noisy if I am gaming lol)

NVME cooling [​IMG]

Now for some semi extreme impractical down right daft cooling:

NVME cooling [​IMG]

NVME cooling [​IMG]

No performance gains from cooling my Samsung 950 Pro but the last does show some really nice low temps.

worf105, Jul 26, 2021
Thema:

NVME cooling

1. NVME cooling - Similar Threads - NVME cooling

2. wanted to multi boot win 10/11 with NVME ssd drive on an old PC with legacy BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wanted to multi boot win 10/11 with NVME ssd drive on an old PC with legacy BIOS: I have a Dell OptiPlex 780 that I upgraded to windows 10 pro and is working fine. Now I have an NVME ssd drive in a USB enclosure that has windows 11 pro, and I wanted to boot to it from a usb port but my BIOS will not recognize the NVME external drive. Is there a way to...
  3. wanted to multi boot win 10/11 with NVME ssd drive on an old PC with legacy BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wanted to multi boot win 10/11 with NVME ssd drive on an old PC with legacy BIOS: I have a Dell OptiPlex 780 that I upgraded to windows 10 pro and is working fine. Now I have an NVME ssd drive in a USB enclosure that has windows 11 pro, and I wanted to boot to it from a usb port but my BIOS will not recognize the NVME external drive. Is there a way to...
  4. Driver needed for the NVMe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver needed for the NVMe: HI, I have a HP Laptop 15-dw4023nu 6X8Z4EA, from few days I am traing to install Windows 11 Pro without any success. The problem is with the driver for the NVMe, I cannot see the SSD : I tried several different drivers Intel RST without any luck, unfortunately there is no...
  5. Driver needed for the NVMe

Driver needed for the NVMe: HI, I have a HP Laptop 15-dw4023nu 6X8Z4EA, from few days I am traing to install Windows 11 Pro without any success. The problem is with the driver for the NVMe, I cannot see the SSD : I tried several different drivers Intel RST without any luck, unfortunately there is no...
  6. HDD to Nvme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD to Nvme: i have an old pc with a blue screen windows, and i just bought a new pc with nvme, is it gonna be okay if i plug in the blue screen hdd into my new pc? i just want to copy the data and then format the hdd, is it still possible to recover all my data from the hdd?...
  7. HDD to Nvme

HDD to Nvme: i have an old pc with a blue screen windows, and i just bought a new pc with nvme, is it gonna be okay if i plug in the blue screen hdd into my new pc? i just want to copy the data and then format the hdd, is it still possible to recover all my data from the hdd?...
  8. How do i transfer all my system files to a Nvme that i installed?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do i transfer all my system files to a Nvme that i installed?: First of all please use Simple english and tell in brief* .I installed a Nvme becausei wanted faster but when i installed it my all system files etc like games are on the hdd and i rather transfer them All into my nvme so that there performance is improved currently my nvme...
  9. Hi, my computer isn’t recognizing my NVME SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hi, my computer isn’t recognizing my NVME SSD: have an Alienware computer, i have a SSD installed and I wanted to add another one, I bought a NVME SSD Samsung 990 and when I opened my computer there was already one in there. I guess I bought it that way. So I got an adapter so I can use both but now it’s not popping up at...
  10. Hi, my computer isn’t recognizing my NVME SSD

Hi, my computer isn’t recognizing my NVME SSD: have an Alienware computer, i have a SSD installed and I wanted to add another one, I bought a NVME SSD Samsung 990 and when I opened my computer there was already one in there. I guess I bought it that way. So I got an adapter so I can use both but now it’s not popping up at...