Windows 10: NVME M.2 SSD detected in BIOS - not detected in Windows 10 x64

Discus and support NVME M.2 SSD detected in BIOS - not detected in Windows 10 x64 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I purchased an PNY CS3030 2TB M.2 NVME SSD disk which I installed in my system. My BIOS can see it just fine under my NVME Configuration menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BastiaanScholtemeijer, Feb 11, 2020.

1. NVME M.2 SSD detected in BIOS - not detected in Windows 10 x64

Hi,

I purchased an PNY CS3030 2TB M.2 NVME SSD disk which I installed in my system. My BIOS can see it just fine under my NVME Configuration menu options, and also the BIOS function to do a controller test for this disk passes without a problem.

However, in Windows 10 x64 up to date I am unable to see the disk in Device Manager, or Computer Management / Disk Management section - meaning I can't initialize and format the drive.

This is a second NVME disk in this system. My first one which is also the boot/system disk is a Samsung Evo 970 Plus also seen in the BIOS, right next to the PNY and functions properly in Windows.

System specs:

AMD Ryzen 3900X

Asus X570 Pro - BIOS version 1405 latest available as of this time

32 GB DDR4 3600MHz Patriot Viper 4 4x8GB

Disks:

- Samsung Evo 970 Plus 500 GB M.2 NVME

- PNY CS3030 2TB M.2 NVME

- 2x WD Blue 10EZEX SATA 7200RPM 1TB drives configured in RAID0

- 1x WD Blue 320GB SATA 7200RPM

As said, all other disks work fine. Initially I was thinking this to be a driver issue of some sort, since the BIOS can see the PNY just fine but Windows can not. I also made sure I installed the latest available chipset and SATA drivers I know its NVME, but still.. from my motherboard manufacturer: ASUS, at https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/PRIME-X570-PRO/HelpDesk_Download/

I do not think the PNY is deffective, otherwise my BIOS would not detect it, and it would also not pass the BIOS' NVME controller tests.

Ideas?

:)

BastiaanScholtemeijer, Feb 11, 2020
  2. Steve1507 Win User

My Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVMe m.2 ssd not being detected in BIOS

I am having problems with the Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVMe m.2 ssd and it not being detected in BIOS. I recently had to submit my motherboard in RMA for repairs and the drive was working perfectly before, but now it's not being detected. I receive this code
    in "Secure Erase" in ASUS BIOS: SMNVMeROM

I have an ASUS ROG RAMPAGE VI OMEGA x299 motherboard and I have 2 other NVMe m.2 drives that do work on the motherboards m.2 slots, and in the dimm.2 adapter slot. It's just that the 970 EVO had my operating system on it, and I'm confused by what SMNVMeROM
    means. Did it turn into a ROM file? Should I try putting an operating system on one of the working m.2 drives, to see if I can access the m.2 drive in question(windows disk management)? ASUS wasn't able to help me out in terms of tech. support.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve1507, Feb 11, 2020
  3. Giancarlo Win User
    M.2 NVME SSD No longer detected by motherboard

I bought a Crucial P1 1TB nvme ssd and installed it on to my motherboard, booted into windows, created new simple volume and copied all my stuff into it, everything's great. I turn off my pc and turn it on the next day and the drive is missing, I thought huh, maybe the connection is lose or something, so I take it out and plug it back in, turned on the computer and the drive is back with all my stuff. Then I turn the pc off and on again and the drive is missing again! I go into bios and there it says no nvme drive detected. What is happening, why is my drive no longer being detected?

I'm on the latest bios version.

My drive order:

1. 250gb ssd (OS)

2. WD 1TB

3. Seagate 2TB

4. nvme ssd

My motherboard: http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_ga-z170-gaming-k3_e.pdf

Also to mention I configured the nvme to gpt if it matters, I think my other drives are mbr.

Giancarlo, Feb 11, 2020
  4. NVME M.2 SSD detected in BIOS - not detected in Windows 10 x64

M.2 OS not always detected in bios

I built a pc weeks ago using:

AMD Ryzen 7 1700

MB Asus Hero VI

GTX 1080 ti

32 Ram ddr4 3000hz

M.2 Samsung Evo Nvme 500GB for OS

I installed Windows 10 home 64bit on the M.2, and everything went perfectly, but yesterday I was about to watch a video on YouTube but windows crashed and I got a blue screen saying Critical Process Died or something near that, it restarted and took me to
    the bios.

So now I only can access to bios, and the M.2 is not always detected. Either way windows won't start. I kept restarting, removing the M.2 and put it in again, I updated the bios using the EZ-update so basically is the latest version (1701)

Could you kindly advise what to do next?

KiqueCenteno, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

NVME M.2 SSD detected in BIOS - not detected in Windows 10 x64

1. NVME M.2 SSD detected in BIOS - not detected in Windows 10 x64 - Similar Threads - NVME SSD detected

2. Windows 11 fresh Install not detect PCIE4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 fresh Install not detect PCIE4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD: Tried to install window 11 to new PC, but window not detect the M.2 SSDDiskpart found on Disk 0VDM disable AHCI modeFormat diskstill nor work, please advise , thank you#Samsung 990 PRO 2TB #MSI B760 GAMING PLUS WIFI Motherboard,...
  3. Windows 11 fresh Install not detect PCIE4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 fresh Install not detect PCIE4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD: Tried to install window 11 to new PC, but window not detect the M.2 SSDDiskpart found on Disk 0VDM disable AHCI modeFormat diskstill nor work, please advise , thank you#Samsung 990 PRO 2TB #MSI B760 GAMING PLUS WIFI Motherboard,...
  4. M.2 SSD is not detected in Windows, but is detected in BIOS.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    M.2 SSD is not detected in Windows, but is detected in BIOS.: It is not showing in disk management, or device manager. I upgraded my PC and everything was fine, the SSD was detected, but after I updated my graphics driver it won't detect. Everything is up to date. I have tried following many different solutions that yield no result. If...
  5. M.2 SSD is not detected in Windows, but is detected in BIOS.

M.2 SSD is not detected in Windows, but is detected in BIOS.: It is not showing in disk management, or device manager. I upgraded my PC and everything was fine, the SSD was detected, but after I updated my graphics driver it won't detect. Everything is up to date. I have tried following many different solutions that yield no result. If...
  6. My m.2 nvme SSD no longer getting detected in bios after uninstalling KB5029351

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My m.2 nvme SSD no longer getting detected in bios after uninstalling KB5029351: The issue started with BSODs from KB5029351 https://www.tomshardware.com/news/msi-details-official-workaround-for-windows-11-kb5029351-bsods I have MSI H310M Pro-M2 Plus so I thought maybe uninstalling the update might help. I went in the settings, uninstalled the update and...
  7. My m.2 nvme SSD no longer getting detected in bios after uninstalling KB5029351

My m.2 nvme SSD no longer getting detected in bios after uninstalling KB5029351: The issue started with BSODs from KB5029351 https://www.tomshardware.com/news/msi-details-official-workaround-for-windows-11-kb5029351-bsods I have MSI H310M Pro-M2 Plus so I thought maybe uninstalling the update might help. I went in the settings, uninstalled the update and...
  8. Nvme m.2 ssd is not detected during window installation

Nvme m.2 ssd is not detected during window installation: i have HP Pavilion gaming ec0100ax laptop with amd ryzen 5 3550h processor.during window installation , my ssd is not showing . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvme-m2-ssd-is-not-detected-during-window/6506c6ef-37bd-4bd4-9729-0398ea4172b0
  9. Nvme m.2 ssd is not detected during window installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvme m.2 ssd is not detected during window installation: i have HP Pavilion gaming ec0100ax laptop with amd ryzen 5 3550h processor.during window installation , my ssd is not showing . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvme-m2-ssd-is-not-detected-during-window/6506c6ef-37bd-4bd4-9729-0398ea4172b0
  10. My Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVMe m.2 ssd not being detected in BIOS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVMe m.2 ssd not being detected in BIOS: I am having problems with the Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVMe m.2 ssd and it not being detected in BIOS. I recently had to submit my motherboard in RMA for repairs and the drive was working perfectly before, but now it's not being detected. I receive this code in "Secure Erase" in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. m.2 ssd not detected windows 10

2. i cant see my m.2 in the partition

3. nvme ssd detcted in bios not on dsktop

4. nvme m2 pcie not detected reddit,
  5. mother board recognize nvme and windows 10 cant initilize,
  6. nvme ssd detected in bios but not windows