Windows 10: NVMe M.2 SSD

Discus and support NVMe M.2 SSD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have the Asus Rog Rampage Extreme Omega motherboard, X299 chipset. Currently, I have the Samsung 970 Pro which is a PCIe 3.0x4. From what I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by leosantare, Dec 19, 2020.

1. NVMe M.2 SSD

Hello,

I have the Asus Rog Rampage Extreme Omega motherboard, X299 chipset. Currently, I have the Samsung 970 Pro which is a PCIe 3.0x4. From what I understand my motherboard only supports up to PCIe3.0x4. I also understand that PCIe is backwards compatible.

Therefore, if I want to replace my current M.2 drive for my motherboard, would it be better to get another Samsung 970pro instead of the new Samsung 980 pro?

The Samsung 980 pro is PCIe 4.0x4 which my motherboard does not support. Therefore, I could not go by the specs on the 980 pro.

I'm thinking the 970 pro would be the better option since its designed for my motherboard, would this be correct?

Plus, the 970 pro has a much better TDW spec than the 980 pro.

:)

leosantare, Dec 19, 2020

2. about intel optane memory + NVMe™ M.2 SSD

nitially

intel optane memory M10(16,32,64gb)PCIe NVMe M.2 3.0x2 was for accelerating 2.5'SATA mechanical HDD regardless of which generation intel CPUs.

also note :

not talking about Intel® Optane™ Memory H10 with Solid State Storage (32gb+1tb, 32gb+512gb ,16gb+256gb)PCIe NVMe3.0x4 that comes as a single m.2 drive which is mounted on single m.2 slot

but now why

intel optane memory M15(16,32,64gb)(PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4)is-- paired with --PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSDs {which is mounted on two differnt m.2 slots on 7th ,8th and 9th gen intel CPUs}

what is the purpose

ex: 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD + Intel® Optane™ memory 32 GB on (Intel® Core™ i7 9750H) seen from HPs Omen X 2S - 15 Gaming Laptop.

JelittThomas, Dec 19, 2020
  3. Clone present nvme pcie ssd to replacement nvme pcie ssd?

I have a 500GB M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe SSD (boot drive) that I want to replace with a higher capacity M.2 card.

Where do I put the new SSD during the NVMe to NVMe cloning process? My mobo only has one M.2 slot for NVMe SSD's so do I want to use an external adapter for one of the M.2 cards? If so, do you have a recommendation?

If you have solved this issue for your desktop or laptop I would like your advice on if and what extra hardware you needed during the cloning.

please remember that I am dealing with PCIe NVMe drives ONLY. NO Sata is involved except possibly for a connecting cable from the desktop to an adapter. I am experienced with cloning SATA III drives but cloning NVMe is a little
    new to me.

Computer: Dell XPS 8920, 32GB ram.

Present SSD: KXG50ZNV512G NVMe Toshiba 512GB

New SSD: CT13049074 Crucial P1 NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD 1TB (or 2TB if available soon) or similar storage device.

Windows 10 Pro for Workstations, version 1809.

Cbarnhorst, Dec 19, 2020
  4. NVMe M.2 SSD

NVME SSD

My MB is a crosshair vii hero with latest bios 2901.

The m.2 1 link mode is auto, gen 1, gen 2, gen 3

M.2 2 is the same. And in the boot section nvme is visible and enabled.

AdrianLucke72, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

NVMe M.2 SSD

1. NVMe M.2 SSD - Similar Threads - NVMe SSD

2. Cloned old NVME ssd to new NVME ssd, new ssd won't boot windows. Get stop code inaccessible...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cloned old NVME ssd to new NVME ssd, new ssd won't boot windows. Get stop code inaccessible...: So, I cloned my old nvme SSD to my new one. I only had one slot and the old drive was only about 120 gb with the new one being about 1tb. Everything cloned over fine, the OS, etc. It's just it keeps trying to locate the old drive C instead of the new one E. Disk 2 is the old...
  3. Windows stopped booting from nvme ssd drive

Windows stopped booting from nvme ssd drive: This is my first post here. Apologies if I trample over any ettiquettes. I am hopeful that some kind and knowledgable folk may be able to offer some advice!So, I built my 1st PC in Feb 2020 in order to start out experimenting with VR dev. I was/am a beginner in both...
  4. No Recovery Partition on cloned NVMe SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Recovery Partition on cloned NVMe SSD: I have used Aomei Backupper to clone a Windows 10 Pro SATA3 SSD to a new NVMe M2 SSD. It went well and I now have a new boot drive but the cloning process did not copy over the Recovery Partition from the original SSD. Is that a problem? Thanks 179622
  5. Migrating genuine MS Windows 10 from existing HDD to new internal NVMe M.2 SSD

Migrating genuine MS Windows 10 from existing HDD to new internal NVMe M.2 SSD: I am using Windows 10 installed on the HDD on my Lenovo S340 model. I want to upgrade it with NVMe SSD. How can I migrate the OS from HDD to SSD without having to reinstall it?...
  6. WD_Black SN850 NVMe SSD no longer shows up in Windows 10

WD_Black SN850 NVMe SSD no longer shows up in Windows 10: I have had the NVMe drive installed and partitioned and working fine for about a month now. I only had one game on it so I only use it for that. When I tried to boot the game it said there was an error locating the file. So when I looked in my "Devices and Drivers" under...
  7. New NVMe SSD not recognized

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New NVMe SSD not recognized: I bought a new WD Blue SN550 1TB nvme ssd to add to my laptop as additional storage however it does not appear as an available storage space. I can see it in the BIOS. I checked my storage controllers and don't see Windows Standard NVMe drivers there, is that the issue maybe?...
  8. Should I have windows 10 on my new NVME SSD or is my old SATA SSD good enough?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I have windows 10 on my new NVME SSD or is my old SATA SSD good enough?: Currently have my OS on 500 GB SATA SSD M2 installed. I got a new nvme SSD, 2TB and want to put all my games and stuff in there. Should I reintsall windows in the new nvme or is not gaining any Performance from staying on its seperate sata SSD? submitted by...
  9. My new M.2 NVMe SSD is not recognized as UEFI Hard Disk after installing Windows 10

My new M.2 NVMe SSD is not recognized as UEFI Hard Disk after installing Windows 10: Hello everyone, I have recently bought a new M.2 NVMe SSD to install Windows 10 on, but after installing Windows from a USB created with the Windows Media Creation Tool I have also tried with Rufus, the NVMe SSD is not recognized as a UEFI Hard Disk resulting in Windows...
  10. NVME SSD not showing up

NVME SSD not showing up: I just plugged in a WD Blue 250GB M.2 SSD, my motherboard says that it is an M.2 drive and that it is for an SSD, but when I load my computer it does not show on device manager, this pc or disk management. Does anyone know how to fix this...