Windows 10: NVME slow boot - Untraceable via Windows Performance Recorder?

Discus and support NVME slow boot - Untraceable via Windows Performance Recorder? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello everyone. Since update 20H2 (W10Pro 19042.964), my boot takes about 3 minutes to enter Windows (it takes too much time to lighten up USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jpouza, May 4, 2021 at 9:27 AM.

1. jpouza Win User

NVME slow boot - Untraceable via Windows Performance Recorder?

Hello everyone. Since update 20H2 (W10Pro 19042.964), my boot takes about 3 minutes to enter Windows (it takes too much time to lighten up USB peripherals in load screen), using a Samsung 960Pro nvme disk (health OK). I've tried everything: uninstall a lot of startup programs, clean boot, change BIOS to Fast Boot (UEFI), a lot of check disk (chkdsk) commands, enable/disable Fast startup on Windows Power Options, flash older and newer BIOS, /fixmbr, disconnect all USB and HDDs, DDU nvidia drivers, update disk drivers, check disks performances, CSM ON/OFF, check dirty flags, check if win partition is GPT, unplug network cable, disable devices, everything in my knowledge, and the slow boot keeps. The only "fix" was using an older BIOS that enables Gigabyte UltraFast Startup, it boots in 3 seconds, but after a few minutes of use I receive a nice BSOD, due to something in my system that needs to be loaded (maybe MCE = machine check exception?) I'll postpone new Windows install, since I need the PC for work. The funny thing is that Windows Performance Recorder show that my boot is made in about 40s when in fact it takes more than 3 minutes unfortunatly, how is that possible? Complete WPR records: WPR - Google Drive Any ideas? Cheers

:)

2. jpouza Win User

Hello everyone.

Since update 20H2 (W10Pro 19042.964), my boot takes about 3 minutes to enter Windows (it takes too much time to lighten up USB peripherals in load screen), using a Samsung 960Pro nvme disk (health OK).

I've tried everything: uninstall a lot of startup programs, clean boot, change BIOS to Fast Boot (UEFI), a lot of check disk (chkdsk) commands, enable/disable Fast startup on Windows Power Options, flash older and newer BIOS, /fixmbr, disconnect all USB and HDDs, DDU nvidia drivers, update disk drivers, check disks performances, CSM ON/OFF, check dirty flags, check if win partition is GPT, unplug network cable, disable devices, everything in my knowledge, and the slow boot keeps.

The only "fix" was using an older BIOS that enables Gigabyte UltraFast Startup, it boots in 3 seconds, but after a few minutes of use I receive a nice BSOD, due to something in my system that needs to be loaded (maybe MCE = machine check exception?)

I'll postpone new Windows install, since I need the PC for work.

The funny thing is that Windows Performance Recorder show that my boot is made in about 40s when in fact it takes more than 3 minutes unfortunatly, how is that possible?

NVME slow boot - Untraceable via Windows Performance Recorder? [​IMG]

Complete WPR records: WPR - Google Drive

Any ideas?

Cheers

3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

4. NVME slow boot - Untraceable via Windows Performance Recorder?

Need help analyzing Windows Performance Recorder ETL file to figure out whats causing slow boot on my SSD

My computers boot time suddenly doubled and I'm trying to figure out why. Boot time before was 15-20 seconds but now its 50+ seconds. I ran Windows Performance Recorder and I need help analyzing the ETL file. I uploaded it as a zip file to OneDrive.

What I have tried:

• Boot time slow with a normal / clean / safe boot no difference between them
    • All drivers up to date on my Asus VIII Hero motherboard and installed the latest bios
    • Turned off fast startup in power options
    • Installed all of the latest Windows 10 updates and upgraded to v1803
    • Firmware up to date on my Samsung 960 Pro NVMe SSD and healthy according to CrystalDiskInfo. Benchmark with CrystalDiskMark were good
    • Ran SFC/Scannow showed no issues

My system specs:

• Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VIII HERO
    • Processor: i7-6700k
    • Memory: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 32GB DDR4 3600MHz
    • Graphics Card: EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    • SSD: Samsung 960 Pro NVMe M.2 1TB

user3262070, May 4, 2021 at 5:26 PM
Thema:

1. NVME slow boot - Untraceable via Windows Performance Recorder? - Similar Threads - NVME slow boot

2. windows performance recorder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows performance recorder: how do i record the high dpc latency from the windows performance recorder.I am encountering audio cracking/popping accompanied with fps drops in games. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-performance-recorder/c08a00b7-dbb9-40a3-95db-761185420741
  3. SKIKK 15GM0Y NVME Slow Booting Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SKIKK 15GM0Y NVME Slow Booting Windows 10: Hello guys, I have a certain problem that boot times are too slow. I have another laptop which manages to have boot times around 3 seconds (BIOS + Login Screen) with a normal SSD/mSata and this laptop I am now on has a brand new NVME. With the current laptop I get boot times...
  4. W10 slow boot and poor performance

W10 slow boot and poor performance: Hello everyone and thanks in advance for your time and dedication. Originally, my problem is stated in the title. I've been stuck with this for months. Recently I found this forum and tried to fix it for 264542th time (not kidding, just exaggerating) by following steps given...
  5. NVMe SSD via PCIe not Booting Windows 10 64 Bit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVMe SSD via PCIe not Booting Windows 10 64 Bit: Hi. I wish to replace my old HDD with an SSD so have bought an NVMe. It is this one: Seagate 512GB BarraCuda 510 SSD (Up to 3400MB/s, 3D TLC NAND, PCIe Gen3 x4, NVMe 1.3 Solid State Drive): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories I have bought an adaptor card to go with it:...
  6. NVMe SSD via PCIe not Booting Windows 10 64 Bit

in Windows 10 Support
    NVMe SSD via PCIe not Booting Windows 10 64 Bit: Hi. I wish to replace my old HDD with an SSD so have bought an NVMe. It is this one: Seagate 512GB BarraCuda 510 SSD (Up to 3400MB/s, 3D TLC NAND, PCIe Gen3 x4, NVMe 1.3 Solid State Drive): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories I have bought an adaptor card to go with it:...
  7. Windows Performance Recorder and Analyzer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Performance Recorder and Analyzer: I'm trying to figure out why one of my computers is snappier than the other when they both have virtually identical hardware. These two Windows performance tools seem like a good way to go, but they present the user with a daunting quantity of data. I'm starting with...
  8. slow boot Windows performance recorder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    slow boot Windows performance recorder: hp laptop 15-bs0xx intel celeron n3060 8 GB DDR3 Ram 1 TB HD My startup time is 2.30 I've done the diagnostic tests. Computer is OK defrag the drive removed startup programs updated drivers I ran Windows performance recorder and have uploaded the file here. I had a...
  9. Windows Performance Recorder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Performance Recorder: Windows 10 with latest updates. Trying to install Windows Performance Recorder from the SDK toolkit. First the install failed because .NET 4.6.3 was not installed so installed 4.6.2 was all I could find. Now the install is failing. Log file says Failed to verify hash of...
  10. NVMe Performance

NVMe Performance: Crystal Disk Mark was never good with SSD drives. This one AS SSD Benchmark 2.0.6485 Download - TechSpot and Samsung Magician are more valuable.